Really Confused Re Attestation For UK Family

Topic locked
really confused re attestation for UK family May 20, 2006
guys/gals

i am moving to Dubai in a week or so, my family joining me from the end of August.

Which documents do I need to get legalised by the UK foreign & commonwealth office, and then attested by the UAE embassy in London. ringing them gets me nowhere - voice mail jail at its most extreme!

I think it is the following, but please can someone confirm if this is right:

birth certificates for me, wife & children
marriage certificate
highest level degree certificates

anything else?

cheers

red ketchup
Dubai Forums Member

May 21, 2006
Qualifications.

Don't ever recall having had to show my birth certificate anywhere.

Marriage certificate I don't know. I'd guess no if it's from UK.

Try phoning British Embassy/Consulate here in Dubai.
sharewadi
Dubai Expat Helper

May 21, 2006
Just to NOT answer your question but remind you to bring all kids vax records and make sure they have a transfer certificate/letter from their school saying they have completed year so and so and are being promoted to the next year level with a signatue, proper letterhead and a school stamp if it is a letter. Birth certificates you'll need for school too.
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 21, 2006
about the degree certificates, I think it has to be done in the UAE thru Emirates Post.
indi
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

May 21, 2006
and get them all copied at least 50 times each, and you will need 250 passport sized photos minimum

:lol: :lol: :lol:
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

May 21, 2006
This is where I got the information for myself. Except your's will be done in UK.

http://dubai.usconsulate.gov/dubai/Docu ... vices.html
A64Venice
Dubai Expat Helper

May 21, 2006
photos are very cheap in Dubai, so dont need to bring any
indi
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

May 25, 2006
Hi Vennie,

Just saw your post on this & the website links to the US embassy. My husband & I got married in Florida but we are living in Hong Kong. Since my hubby is in Dubai at present, he's forwarded our marriage certificate to Florida State dept for notary & authentication. They say, it takes 5 working days but it's taking 3 weeks now.

How long did your take? Should I ring them up and ask? or do I have to be more patient?

& also after the Florida office, we need to send to Washington DC office..right?

Me & the kids are leaving as soon as we get those marriage certs.
Mumof2
Dubai Forums Member

May 25, 2006
Use the SEARCH function before you post.

You will be amazed at what you will find there....
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 25, 2006
GAB wrote:Just to NOT answer your question but remind you to bring all kids vax records and make sure they have a transfer certificate/letter from their school saying they have completed year so and so and are being promoted to the next year level with a signatue, proper letterhead and a school stamp if it is a letter. Birth certificates you'll need for school too.

Are there recommended vaccinations that adults should have before going to Dubai ..... similar to if you are heading to asia?
ajb
Dubai chat master

May 25, 2006
ajb wrote:
GAB wrote:Just to NOT answer your question but remind you to bring all kids vax records and make sure they have a transfer certificate/letter from their school saying they have completed year so and so and are being promoted to the next year level with a signatue, proper letterhead and a school stamp if it is a letter. Birth certificates you'll need for school too.

Are there recommended vaccinations that adults should have before going to Dubai ..... similar to if you are heading to asia?

It is not the recommended ones it is the ones required by the Ministry of Health for school entry. For example, no one told me that the kids have to have had a tetanus shot in the last 5 years-at home I figured we were covered for ten-here that is not the rule. I'd check with the school nurse at the school you send your kids to for a schedule as it more than likely differs to your home country. Pretty sure BCG (tuberculosis jab) is a must. There is also a rule for school trips/camping etc if overnight-they have to have had certain jabs.
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 25, 2006
thanks Gab .... guess I didnt make my question that obvious but I was thinking about vaccinations for myself as Im not a kid but also dont want to catch anything nasty.
ajb
Dubai chat master

May 28, 2006
I realise that now I can see your avatar although you're still a kid to me!! :lol: There aren't any recommended shots really. The only way you'll catch something is if you hang around the York Hotel too much!! :lol:
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 28, 2006
thanks ... and mental note made to stay away from the york hotel!! :D
ajb
Dubai chat master

May 29, 2006
Hi!

We came form London about 3 months ago and we only needed to certify at the UAE embassy and the Foreign Affairs:

Marriage certificate (a must to get wife/husband/children sponsored)
Degrees certificates (of latest degree)

If you have children, their school grades and certificates (my son is only 2, sodidn't need to worry about it yet). I didn't need to certify vaccines record (the Uk red book), but do bring it and have it handy, as schools do request them.

We didn't certify birth certificates and I was able to register my son at nursery. But don't know whether schools would be stricter, so maybe it's a good idea to do so.

Hope this is udeful and good luck.
Julieta
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jun 27, 2006
*hug* i hope u like Dubai any way .. even thu its Humid this part of the year ! i hope every thing goes fine .. ;)
swandiave
Dubai Expat Wannabe

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum