HI, Somebody Could Help Me?

Topic locked
HI, somebody could help me? May 20, 2006
Helo,

i moved to dubai few days ago, and looking for an studio now. But currently fased some problems with it. Could somebody help to find a reliable real estate or ma be have an small studio in Deira or Karama.

Thanks

aruba
Dubai Forums Member

Re: HI, somebody could help me? May 20, 2006
aruba wrote:Could somebody help to find a reliable real estate
Thanks

You will find them at the same place where they hand out free Porsches and Elvis is on hand to give you autographs.

i.e. I've yet to find anyone in Real Estate reliable. Even when you do find a place, the price automatically jumps 5-10,000 AED in 2 minutes of conversation.

We looked at a place yesterday, 74,000 AED and it wasn't great but it was workable. We rang the agent this morning to give the OK and he rings back this afternoon and says the owner has had an offer for 80,000 but he said he'll fully furnish it (not what we want, we want to choose our own furniture) and accept on offer for 85,000. I told him if the owner had an offer for 80,000 he should take it. The guy said "what?" and I said you showed it to us for 74, that was what we wanted, but we're not going to 85. If he's had an offer for 80, then there's no need to speak to us.

He told me he would discuss with the owner and call me back, meaning there is no offer for 80 (why would anyone offer 80 when they didn't even know we were interested and the book price was 75), and they just wanted to scam more money out of us.

This is not the first time it has happened. The industry is full of unreliable scammers.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

May 20, 2006
Yeh ! what ian says is very true........ it happened with us tooo. This is Dubai in 2006. :evil:
pachhupal
Dubai Forums Member

May 20, 2006
I would say Asteco, Better Home, Landmark are reasonable. I've dealt with them and been happy enough.

Otherwise look in the Gulf News classifieds or some of the other websites people have mentioned here.
sharewadi
Dubai Expat Helper

May 20, 2006
Hey I work for Cluttons ...and although on this forum I have heard about price increases in days I still wonder what basis someone would do it on...I tell you I don't. Anyway, there is one good reason you won't find too many estate agents getting back to you - our phone lines are never free!!!

My two mobiles ring continously (and at one point in life I thought carrying two mobiles made no logical sense)and are endlessly busy.

BTW we have no studios at the moment in the areas you would like. There is one behind Al Mussalla Tower and its not the best location - 48K furnished per annum - but location is :?
audreygaur
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

May 20, 2006
Predictably the real estate guy rang back tonight, I didn't take the call because I was watching a movie at the cinema, but I can't honestly say I want to deal with a liar.

Audrey, have you got an 1/2 bedrooms for a decent price at a decent place that aren't going to magically jump in price or cease to exist?
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

May 21, 2006
Increase in price - cannot happen with me - because if owner did that I would call up the potential tenant and advise it was in his interest not to move into a place with a greedy landlord. I have a good landlord for my building and even though the rent is not cheap it is below what the current rate is.

Cease to exist - well that happens often because good properties get taken in minutes....all I can do, and do is appropriately warn the potential tenant.

Which area are you looking at as of today I only have a 1-br opp Spinneys TCR (last unit in a full building) left for AED75K - no facilities, parking AED1K seperate, central a/c (bill split), security, ceramic tiles and very spacious apartment with 2 baths, 2 balconies, a store room some lobby area, in-built cupboards all this is a 1-br apartment.

The other thing I have is a 2-br is a good building - existing building AED90K in Bur Dubai - very spacious but no balcony. Again this is only one unit and immediate possession. I will PM my mobile number and you can call and check for avalability - these move very fast and I swear I am not just saying that - I am very new in this industry but have seen how an apartment gets taken the minute an existing tenant let's another person know that he is thinking of moving out!! :shock:
audreygaur
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

posting in Accommodation in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Accommodation in Dubai