Information Required ...friends Of This Forum..please Help.

Topic locked
Information required ...friends of this forum..please help. May 14, 2006
I am coming to live in dubai for first time with family in mid june. I am unaware of the cost of living (for two people) ...please help me have an idea on the following:
a. Rent of 1 bedroom furnished flat in an apartment.
b. Which will be cheaper whether to go for a 1 bedroom furnished flat or unfrunished flat and later purchae furnitures.
c. What is the basic cost of living (accomodation,traveling,fooding) for a family of two people.?
Please help me with this information... I don't know anyone in dubai..
Thanks.

Sanjeev2211
Dubai Forum Guest

May 14, 2006
Try the search function on this forum. If you cannot find the information you need after that, then fire a specific question and someone is sure to help you with it.

8)

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

May 14, 2006
As DK suggested, you will find most of the answers you require from a search on this section of the forums.

Having said that point B really hasn't come up that much before but if you're talking about comparing the cost of renting a furnished aparment against renting the same place unfurnished and adding furniture its a question of wants, needs, asking prices and cash flow.

Generally, it will cost you more in the long run to rent a furnished place and you walk away with nothing - hassles included. Just take ur personals and leave. Buying your own things means higher capital outlay in the short term but you walk away with 'assets' in the long run - along with the hassles of selling or moving these. You do the math.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Information required ...friends of this forum..please he May 14, 2006
Sanjeev2211 wrote:b. Which will be cheaper whether to go for a 1 bedroom furnished flat or unfrunished flat and later purchae furnitures.

I'd say unfurnished and buy furniture. You can get pretty reasonable furniture cheaply at Ikea, The Home Center, Pan Emirates (in decreasing order of price and quality). Or second hand - supermarket notice boards are quite good. Many apartments include whiteware anyway.

The extra you'd pay on a furnished apartment over one year would probably be more than enough to pay for basic furnishings.
sharewadi
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: Information required ...friends of this forum..please he May 15, 2006
sharewadi wrote:Many apartments include whiteware anyway.

Sorry for being a bit thick - but what do you mean by Whiteware??
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

May 15, 2006
Think its meant to be "white goods" loke fridge, washer etc
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

May 15, 2006
ahhh, ok - makes sense now!! Thanks mate
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

Thanks.... May 17, 2006
Many thanks !! :D ...friends for your replies....
Sanjeev2211
Dubai Forum Guest

May 18, 2006
arniegang wrote:Think its meant to be "white goods" loke fridge, washer etc

Yes :oops: .
sharewadi
Dubai Expat Helper

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum