Kittens Dumped In Compactor

Topic locked
Kittens dumped in compactor May 02, 2006
What the heck is wrong with these people! From the Gulf News!

Dumping of kittens into compactor sparks outrage

17 April 2006

A waste disposal firm has promised there will be no repeat of an incident in which two live kittens were reportedly thrown into a rubbish truck.

Officials at Onyx Gulf have said they are speaking to staff to ensure they do not mistreat animals they come across when emptying waste bins. The company has also promised to discipline the staff member responsible.

Their actions come after cat welfare group Feline Friends protested to the company when the one-month-old kittens were dumped in the truck's waste compactor last week.

Anita Signorino, the organisation's trapping co-ordinator in Abu Dhabi, said she was contacted by a member of the public who noticed the kittens under a rubbish bin and then saw they had disappeared after the bin had been emptied.

"The man had seen the two kittens and he walked away from the bins. The compactor truck arrived so he quickly came back as he was afraid the kittens might be hurt but by the time he got there the truck had left and a worker from Onyx Gulf was standing there.

"He could not find the kittens and the mother was going crazy looking for them, so he asked the worker what had happened to them. The worker replied that he had thrown them into the compactor. These were healthy, live kittens."

"I was horrified by the incident. There is a real apathy about animal welfare. People just don't seem to understand," she said.

The kittens were underneath a rubbish bin near the India Palace and African Eastern on Salam Street in Abu Dhabi.

Feline Friends called on its supporters to complain to Onyx Gulf about the incident, and following the complaints the company has said it has told staff to respect the rights of animals.

Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 03, 2006
not to dilute the seriousness of the topic....but just by looking at the subject i could make it was posted by you....
cadmus
Dubai forums Addict

May 03, 2006
And? Someone's gotta care about the animals around here!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 03, 2006
cadmus wrote:not to dilute the seriousness of the topic....but just by looking at the subject i could make it was posted by you....

:lol:
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 03, 2006
Shame on you guys.

Liban, let me put this in a way that you'll understand:

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) was reading from the Qur’an, when a sick cat walked up to him & sat down on the hem of his robe and went to sleep.
Prophet (PBUH) did not move from his place.....and when prayer time approached.....without a word, Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) took his sword, cut off the hem of his robe on which the sick cat still lay sleeping, destroying the finest of robes, and left the cat undisturbed.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 03, 2006
But you did dilute the seriousness of the topic...

The sheer ignorance and callousness of some people is staggering. What is being done to punish those workers? I'm certainly going to complain. If there is such a thing as karma, at least those workers will lose a limb in their own trash compactor due to their stupidity.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

May 03, 2006
Uhhhh.... How can the Prophet Mohammed read from the Quran when he basically was ILLITERATE...?

I do not know this story so you probably invented it.

Funny how you resort to religion, a subject you abhor, only when it suits your argument.

I have no love for people who do sick things to animals just for fun.

FYI, in Islam it is forbidden to kill an animal cruely or for any purpose other than food. You can't even kill a lizard in Islam without becoming answerable for your actions!!!
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 03, 2006
Actually someone quoted it in another forum, who happens to be very knowledgeable. So maybe you don't know everything there is to know about the topic.

But the point is still the same what these guys did was totally stupid.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 03, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Actually someone quoted it in another forum, who happens to be very knowledgeable. So maybe you don't know everything there is to know about the topic.

But the point is still the same what these guys did was totally stupid.

Paragraph one: The Prophet could not read and that was a fact. This part is now CLOSED.

Paragraph two: It was not right what they did and they will be accountable for their actions in the eyes of God and, in the present, I hope accountable with their jobs!!!
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 03, 2006
Well at least we agree on something.

And Liban you missed the point of the story, who cares if the guy could read or not, the point was the cat wasn't hurt or disturbed - geez.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 09, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Shame on you guys.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) was reading from the Qur’an, when a sick cat walked up to him & sat down on the hem of his robe and went to sleep.
Prophet (PBUH) did not move from his place.....and when prayer time approached.....without a word, Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) took his sword, cut off the hem of his robe on which the sick cat still lay sleeping, destroying the finest of robes, and left the cat undisturbed.

This is the coolest thing I've ever heard, Im not muslim, but is that true?
Al7Isra
Dubai Forums Member

May 09, 2006
Al7Isra wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:Shame on you guys.

This is the coolest thing I've ever heard, Im not muslim, but is that true?

No its not a true story. But it does sound like something the Prophet would do.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 09, 2006
How do you know it's not a true story?

Go ask the guy in www.mashup.ae/forums who posted it where he got his source from.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 09, 2006
I don't need to ask some guy from some website. I forwarded this to three different people who know more on the subject than anyone you can bring me and they all said its untrue.

So please.... Stop trying to show you are right when you are not.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 09, 2006
Don't get all hoity toity I was simply asking a question. And I never professed to be right as I don't know much about it, but someone else who posted the atory obviously got it from somewhere and I thought you'd be interested to learn his source rather than just poo poo the thing.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 09, 2006
Please Please Please i request all ladies and gentlemen, in this forum; to give an 'authentic source' for any Ahadith that you quote.

Now lets go over the topic.

Liban wrote: No its not a true story. But it does sound like something the Prophet would do.

My dear Liban, was that an euphemism? Its distressing to see a Muslim comment in an absolutely vague manner. *sigh

Liban wrote: Uhhhh.... How can the Prophet Mohammed read from the Quran when he basically was ILLITERATE...?

Hmm, the Prophet PBUH was certainly illiterate. But the word 'reading' is actually a misnomer here. It should have been 'reciting'. I hope you understand it better now. Liban?

The Prophet PBUH loved cats. Innumerable Ahadith potray this; the one below for instance.

Report narrated by al-Bukhaari (3223) and Muslim (1507) from ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with them both), according to which the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “A woman was punished because of a cat which she kept locked up until it died, and she entered Hell because of it, because she did not feed it or give it water when she kept it locked up, neither did she let it eat from the vermin of the earth.”

Aah well.

Chocoholic, regarding your Hadith: its partially correct. One; the Prophet PBUH was a simple man therefore he never wore 'finest' robes. Secondly: as far as I remember, the cat was sick. It actually gave birth to kittens on his cloak. But instead of disturbing the mother and the younglings, he cut a generous amount of his cloak and left it there. Yet, I have nothing to confirm its authentication just as yet. But i'm on it.
Precious_Princess
Dubai Forum Visitor

May 11, 2006
Anyway, I think it's a good story... I liked it. Does Quran have interesting stories. I have a question, I know Bible is a compalation(spell?) of different scrolls, is Quran just one big scroll/book, that's original?? Well , thanks in advance.
Al7Isra
Dubai Forums Member

May 11, 2006
Princess, no need for super large green font when you post.

Also, no need to be agressive with me. True Muslims are not agressive with other Muslims. You would be good to remember that well :)

Also, you claim that I know little on this so -called "true story" then you say at the end that you are not sure it is true either... Please do not be this way with me.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 11, 2006
Liban, I think PP means that at least she acknowledges the fact that there is a story of the sort written and is willing to go and find out the exact details of that incident. Unlike yourself who just denied the thing outright and picked fault with everything I originally posted.

The point is where a true story or not, the idea and sentiment behind it shows how people should behave towards animals.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 11, 2006
Choco, perhapes you have difficulty reading my posts in this thread but I said that I asked 3 different religious people and they all said that its not true.

Why is it I repeat myself with you all the time???
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 11, 2006
Well then how come several other people have heard of a similar story, not EXACTLY the same but a similar one as PP has pointed out. Anyway all these things are open to interpretation.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 11, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Well then how come several other people have heard of a similar story, not EXACTLY the same but a similar one as PP has pointed out. Anyway all these things are open to interpretation.

The Prophet did many things that are wonderful and compassionate like what you spoke of.

Your story, while not 100% accurate, does indeed reflect what The Prophet was like :)
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

let's just chill May 11, 2006
terranova
Dubai Forums Frequenter

May 11, 2006
Ahhhhh cute!

Yeah Liban, that was the point I was trying to make. That even if it isn't true, it's a nice thing regardless.

So at least we agree on that = phew :lol:
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 11, 2006
So, so, sooooooooo cute :D

Choco, I second you on that "phew" :)
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 11, 2006
Now what happened to the wee little chick after the pic?

Liban and Chocs making amends... awww... K, can u feel the love?
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 11, 2006
Lets all hold hands and sing "What a Beautiful World"... :)
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 11, 2006
:lol:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat