Burj Al Arab

Topic locked
Burj Al Arab Nov 28, 2004

Andyba
Dubai Forum Admin

Sep 22, 2005
A nighttime gallery would be cool - people could vote on which colour the Burj looks best in at night!!
secretdubai
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Aug 14, 2006
cheapest Burj Al Arab can get is 2,500 + 20% taxes perhaps i do have corporate rate specially during summer promotion, but everyone of us dream of unforgettable moments,

who think it worth trail! I do 8)

Faris
PhDFares
Dubai Forums Member

Aug 17, 2007
Hi

It's nice ..I have also one photo & a video of that....

http://www.splashvision.com/video/4567_ ... ubai-.html

It's really beautiful.....
schristian86
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Aug 28, 2007
PhDFares wrote:cheapest Burj Al Arab can get is 2,500 + 20% taxes perhaps i do have corporate rate specially during summer promotion, but everyone of us dream of unforgettable moments,

Faris

You can't really say in hotels what is the cheapest rate one can get... There are shitloads of rates for every segment and such it's unbelievable...
liverpool4ever
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 29, 2007
I must say out of all the developments and type of architecture in Dubai - the burj is habibi, really stunning.
jabbajabba
Dubai chat master

Aug 29, 2007
There is a TV programme in the UK called 'MegaStructures'.

A couple of weeks ago they showed 'the building a the Burj Al Arab', from the sheikhs vision, to the drawing board, the build and completion.

AND WOW!!

I have always had immense respect for the vision and design of the hotel, but after viewing this programme ..... double WOW..... a totally new found respect.... it made my heart skip a beat!

I stayed there a few years back, really quite ignorant to what an achievment to structure really is. Didn't appreciate it enough at the time, I feel.
Have some wonderful memories though. :lol:
And for anyone fortunate to stay. Appreciate it, as a remarkable experience!

:D
English Girlie
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 29, 2007
PhDFares wrote:cheapest Burj Al Arab can get is 2,500 + 20% taxes perhaps i do have corporate rate specially during summer promotion, but everyone of us dream of unforgettable moments,

Faris

I didn't pay this much! There are ALWAYS deals to be had!

The underwater restaurant had a four year waiting list, maybe 5 years ago.... but I got a reservation.... and I am no one special!

Do the deal and stay, worth every penny, for the experience!!

:wink:
English Girlie
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 29, 2007
English Girlie wrote:

Faris

The underwater restaurant had a four year waiting list, maybe 5 years ago.... but I got a reservation.... and I am no one special!

EG, I am suprised by you. :wink:

This place sucks!! I have yet to experience anything above 3/4 star service and I certainly have no desire to eat dinner surrounded by tourists constantly taking photos.

I have just learned that they are opening the worlds second '7 star' hotel in RAK on the developement where we have our weekend home - God I hope it's better than the Burj..............
The Major
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 29, 2007
English Girlie wrote:

Faris

EG, I am suprised by you. :wink:

This place sucks!! I have yet to experience anything above 3/4 star service and I certainly have no desire to eat dinner surrounded by tourists constantly taking photos.

I have just learned that they are opening the worlds second '7 star' hotel in RAK on the developement where we have our weekend home - God I hope it's better than the Burj..............
The Major
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 21, 2008
burj al arab is overrated
Anna Ferrari
Dubai Forum Visitor

Feb 05, 2009
so here is an interesting fact some of you might be interested in. contrary to popular public belief the most expensive hotel room in the world is not the burj al arab. it is not the historic waldorf astoria either......any guesses yet?

....yet?

--------- final call?

it is.......

the four seasons master suite at the top most floor in new york city, new york, USA
DubaiInformationSite
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Feb 06, 2009
great looking man
marmarismarine
Dubai Forum User

Mar 06, 2009
I have read that the hotel can be toured for 50 Euros. That is surely no longer true , is it ? Otherwise there would be tourists all over it , disturbing "7 star guests". What is the score these days? Are the public even allowed in?
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 18, 2009
Wow, it looks so great. The Burj-al-Arab is like drawing me to get there. It's one of the tallest building in the world right? Wow, i've never been there. I think next year i'll visit Dubai and spent few days there. :D
dodot
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai Guide and photosForum Rules

Return to Dubai Guide and photos