How To Close Police File After Paying The Credit Card Bounce

Topic locked
How to close police file after paying the credit card bounce Sep 19, 2014
Hi,
I used to have some credits cards and during crises in 2010 I missed some payments. So banks submitted my security cheque. It was in 2010 and 2011 for 2 banks. I cleared both within 2-3 days and it was for small amount worth Aed 3,000 and Aed 6000. I even got my passport back from police after submitting the bank clearance letter. And I am traveling freely.
But now when I applied for loan, bank said that my name is in Emcredit list, and as per Emcredit my case files are still open with Dubai police.
Can someone will assist me how to close these 2 cases from Dubai police file. Its been now 3 years since I paid the debt.

kap292
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: How To Close Police File After Paying The Credit Card Bo Sep 20, 2014
Hi Kap292. Welcome to Dubai Forums.
I am no expert in this matter but I would contact a lawyer about this.
Hope someone will provide a more useful answer.

Regards.
Andyba
Dubai Forum Admin

undefined Sep 21, 2014
Thanks Andyba.
Can anyone tell mew any other way to sort it out.
kap292
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: How To Close Police File After Paying The Credit Card Bo Oct 01, 2014
Why dont you go to Police and ask them about this problem, that you have paid all your credits but still in bank you are in Emcredit file. I think police will help you in this.
kiwistech
Dubai Forums Talker

undefined Jan 06, 2015
Kap292,
Go to the police station where your case has been filed, pay AED60 fro clearance letter - this is option 1

Pay AED100 at the emcredit office to remove your name from the black list- option 2

Note: most of teh banks are not accepting applications of people whose name appears in emcredit. once our profile is listed in emcredit for any reaosn banks will straight reject our application

hope this suffice your requirement

sandeep
sandeepmakina
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

undefined Apr 15, 2015
Yes very true. Once emcredit has the name on the list they will not clear it....it will always be there. So now it is up to the bank whether to give loan. It's like a stain which will never go. Sad but true

--- Apr 15, 2015 ---

kiwistech ,no it doesn't help
purnima
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

undefined May 26, 2015
kap292 & anyone in same situation,
Emcredit gets static "moment in time" info from Dubai Police. So if a cheque case has been closed, they are often Not Aware.

Therefore, quickest way to have Emcredit show your cheque/ Police case is Closed on their reports is:

1) Go to relevant police station where case was made & request Clearance Letter describing any cases closed (will be issued in Arabic, referencing the case number and amount of cheque). They will stamp it officially. Cost is 60 dhs.

2) Take this Original Clearance Letter in person to Emcredit in DIFC/ Dubai International Finance Centre in Building 5, 3rd Floor, Suite 301. Submit this, your Passport and Residence Visa copies, and front & back of Emirates ID, fill form and pay 100. Within 2 working days, Emcredit will add to your file that the case or cases have closed. However, the banks will still see there was a cheque case and for what amount. So it will be up to them to finance the person or not with a loan. The original cheque case reference cannot be deleted, only it can show that the case is closed.
Phone number for Emcredit: +971 4 363 7888 or email: customerservice@emcredit.com
FinAdvisor
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

undefined Jul 08, 2015
Hi

Need some advice pleaee

I had a business which went bad in 2006 got cheated by my paetner .I had cards with 3 banks and they bounced my cheques.

The banks filed a police complaint. I was already out of the country by then

Its been eight years since then and I now wish to come back .There were no criminal cases filed against me in the courts .

I would like to know what would be the repercussions if I wish to come back now.

Can they file a civil case against me now .Is there a time ban I mean for how many years after the cheques is bounced can the bank file a civil case ??

Can any one who has experienced the same pls advise

Also the names of any agencies (not lawfirms) who help in settling such issues in dubai

Thanks

Sandi
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

undefined Apr 13, 2016
Hi, i need some advise please, one year ago i lost my job because of that i wasnt able to pay my loan in the bank. now i receive a call from the police, telling that i have to give them my passport because i have a case from my unpaid bank loan. Now that I found a new job, my pro cannot process my visa because of the case that the police case filed on me? i dont want to be put in jail as it may jeopardize my new job what shall I do? i was planning to visit the bank and ask for a restructured repayment schem and show them that I am really jobless for a year no and that I am not capable to pay them. would it lift the police case in doing so? i dont have the reason to run,
need your advise... thanks
Drummergirl
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

undefined May 04, 2016
Hi,
I used to have one credit card FGB and during crises in 2010 I
missed some payments. So banks submitted my security cheque. It was in
2012 TO BANK. I cleared within 2 days and clear

from police after submitting the bank clearance letter. And I am
traveling freely.
But now when I applied for credit , bank said that my
name is in Emcredit list, and as per Emcredit my case files are still
open
Can someone will assist me how to close this case fIts been now 5 years since I paid the debt.
zyadnader
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

undefined May 11, 2016
We are experts in removing bans and blacklisting, Call for advice and consultation Mr. Zaidi +971554520180
ZaidiLeagal
Dubai Forum Guest

undefined May 25, 2016
zyadnader wrote:
gets static "moment in time" info from Dubai Police. So if a cheque case has been closed, they are often Not Aware.

Hussain Here - I am giving you a very recent information and update. My case was with FGB too in 2010.

So this is what you do.

1. If you had a hearing in court in 2010, then you need to go to the court and give them your case number and request for Kaif Al Bhas (not sure if I saif that correct in Arabic).

2. Take that letter to Dubai policed station - where your case was registered.

3. They will close the case. Pay 150 and they will give you a letter clearance letter "To whom so ever it may concern"

4. Give this letter to EM CREDIT with 2 passport size photographs

5. Em credit will close the case. :)

--- 1 seconds ago ---

zyadnader wrote:
gets static "moment in time" info from Dubai Police. So if a cheque case has been closed, they are often Not Aware.

Hussain Here - I am giving you a very recent information and update. My case was with FGB too in 2010.

So this is what you do.

1. If you had a hearing in court in 2010, then you need to go to the court and give them your case number and request for Kaif Al Bhas (not sure if I saif that correct in Arabic).

2. Take that letter to Dubai policed station - where your case was registered.

3. They will close the case. Pay 150 and they will give you a letter clearance letter "To whom so ever it may concern"

4. Give this letter to EM CREDIT with 2 passport size photographs

5. Em credit will close the case. :)
hussainshaikh1
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum