Outstanding Credit Card Balance

Topic locked
Outstanding Credit Card Balance Dec 08, 2011
3 years ago I was laid off while working in Dubai. I had an outstanding credit card balance of AED 100,000 with HSBC. I left Dubai for the US without paying. Those acoounts still show active when I log on to online banking. Without morally judging me, I have a question. I'm planning on taking a trip to India on Etihad via Abu Dhabi. I will have a couple of hours of lay over at the airport. Do you think I will have any problem at the airport being a transit passenger?
The bank has never contacted me all these years. I never wrote a security check either when I got the credit card.
Thanks.

RajSida
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Outstanding Credit Card Balance Dec 09, 2011
You deserve to have a problem at the Airport you thief!
Dillon
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

If you can advise your flight details I will pass onto friends at the airport who will look after you.

Another case of a false Indian if I was a rich man.

We all pay for you tosser.
drewpeacock
Dubai chat master

RajSida wrote:3 years ago I was laid off while working in Dubai. I had an outstanding credit card balance of AED 100,000 with HSBC. I left Dubai for the US without paying. Those acoounts still show active when I log on to online banking. Without morally judging me, I have a question. I'm planning on taking a trip to India on Etihad via Abu Dhabi. I will have a couple of hours of lay over at the airport. Do you think I will have any problem at the airport being a transit passenger?
The bank has never contacted me all these years. I never wrote a security check either when I got the credit card.
Thanks.

Not to worry man, Dubai has too much money to care for a tiny amount of 100k , some prince must have wiped his a.ss with that today morning , But make sure you mention that point to the immigration , infact if your a smooth talker , you might get the bank to pay you another 100,000.
shawagma
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

shawagma wrote:
RajSida wrote:3 years ago I was laid off while working in Dubai. I had an outstanding credit card balance of AED 100,000 with HSBC. I left Dubai for the US without paying. Those acoounts still show active when I log on to online banking. Without morally judging me, I have a question. I'm planning on taking a trip to India on Etihad via Abu Dhabi. I will have a couple of hours of lay over at the airport. Do you think I will have any problem at the airport being a transit passenger?
Thanks.

Not to worry man, Dubai has too much money to care for a tiny amount of 100k , some prince must have wiped his a.ss with that today morning , But make sure you mention that point to the immigration , infact if your a smooth talker , you might get the bank to pay you another 100,000.

Don't be silly. It isn't Dubai that's the loser, it's the likes of me who bank with HSBC. No wonder they charge so much, it's to cover loses like these.

-- Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:20 pm --

RajSida,

The bank won't have contacted you because you won't have given them your address.
I wouldn't risk it if I were you. These things have a habit of coming back and biting you on the backside.
You could always do the decent thing and make an arrangement to pay them back. If they were good enough to lend it to you, you should be good enough to pay it back.
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Outstanding Credit Card Balance Dec 10, 2011
LOL land at the airport - oh hello Mr police officer. Expect to be taken down into the cells and remain there until you can find someone to pay the 100,000 dhs or it's 1 day in jail for every 500 dhs you owe!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Outstanding Credit Card Balance Dec 10, 2011
Harrymartin wrote:RajSida ,I dont think so you have any problem as banks have insurance coverage

This is what happens when you pose a question like this on an internet forum. You get crap answers.
Can you imagine the banks having insurance to cover all defaulters? That would mean they wouldn't chase anyone.
Harry, sorry to say, but stick to giving advice on hair transplanting.
Bethsmum

Re: Outstanding Credit Card Balance Dec 14, 2011
Chocoholic ,

What police officer? Transit passengers don't go through immigration.
RajSida
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Outstanding Credit Card Balance Dec 15, 2011
RajSida , Are you prepared to risk it?
Bethsmum

Bethsmum , No I'm not. I was just responding to your friend Chocoholic who thinks she is an expert in everything and doesn't think for a second spouting out idiotic responses.
RajSida
Dubai Forum Guest

RajSida , LOL! me and Chocs friends? That'll be the day!
Bethsmum

Bethsmum , That was a tongue in cheek reference. She is a real piece of work......
RajSida
Dubai Forum Guest

RajSida wrote:doesn't think for a second spouting out idiotic responses.
If you don't like something doesn't mean it is idiotic. How do you know that they don't follow the transit passangers? It's not that difficult.

It could be just a software application parsing through the transit passenger lists. The only reason they might not do it, is that people would be afraid to fly through Dubai and take different routes...
Andyba
Dubai Forum Admin

Re: Outstanding Credit Card Balance Dec 21, 2011
Oh so my post is idiotic and other posters calling you a thief aren't? So you admit to being a thief then? And what insurance? Banks here do not have insurance policies to cover such things like other countries do - that IS a FACT!!!

You might be a transit passenger, but how do you know they might not do a random check? There are undercover CID EVERYWHERE. How do you know your bank hasn't sold on your case to debt collectors that track your movements? It does happen. With a horrid attitude like yours, you deserve to be caught and pay the consequences. And who are YOU to start being abusive towards me, when you've been here 5 minutes?

If you don't like idiotic answers, I suggest you call your bank - I'm sure they'd be thrilled to hear from you.

Cheers Andy for the back up.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Outstanding Credit Card Balance Dec 28, 2011
I don't know Chocs or yourself, I'm new here too but I have to defend her a tad. You asked people not to judge you, effectively asking them not to get personal but then she gave an opinion which everybody is entitled to but you didn't want to hear those words so you immediately replied with a personal attack on her. That was very much un-called for. It takes a big person to apologise......
On a non-judgemental response, I've contacted my brother on this matter as he is a pilot for a major airline of which you will be closely associated with whilst travelling. He also lives & banks directly with whom & where you have mentioned. Basically, my advice is when you get there be prepared to be told to pick up the soap. Get my drift?
Sandstormlady
Dubai Forums Member

Re: Outstanding Credit Card Balance Dec 28, 2011
Sandstormlady , Thank you for that.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Outstanding Credit Card Balance May 11, 2013
It will be better not to take risk by coming DXB.
Judij
BANNED

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum