TRAFFIC FINE, Am I Screwed?

Topic locked
TRAFFIC FINE, am i screwed? Aug 30, 2013
I just got my license and driving down SZR and was trying to catch up to a cab to ask for directions in the far right lane, I saw a radar and quickly slowed down from 135/140 to 115KM/H. I was at 115 when i passed the radar parallel. But there was a flash and I'm afraid it was me, and if it is my dads going to kick my ass. How do i know if its me or not?

TDJ33
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: TRAFFIC FINE, Am I Screwed? Sep 01, 2013
at 115km it would not register you as speeding. On the SZR, 100kmh limit, you can go up to 124kmh, and for the 120kmh limit, 145kmh is ok. This ofcourse if you have standard size of tires. If your tires are higher (larger size), 1 size up can already put you 5kph of track at those speeds (you then drive faster than you think).

But anyway, I recommend just to stick to the maximum speed indicated as speed limit, and do not stick on the left lane.
edinoDXB
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: TRAFFIC FINE, Am I Screwed? Sep 02, 2013
You can find out all your fines tickets etc on RTA wedbsite thers a section there for fines stick your registration plate in and it will tell you what fines you have and where it was given..

At 115 it wont flash at you but if you think that speeding and seeing a camera at the last moment and slam your breaks on to slow down... dont be fooled the cameras have censors and can reach to certain distance...

and also kid NEVER NEVER SLAM YOUR BREAKS BECAUSE YOU SEE A CAMERA YOU CAN CAUSE A SERIOUS PILE UP... THE DRIVERS BEHIND YOU MAY NOT BE ABLE TO SLOW DOWN AS QUICK...

INFACT ITS DRIVERS LIKE YOU THAT REALLY CHEEZE ME OFF.. WHENEVER YOU SEE A CAMERA YOU THINK ITS FINE TO SLAM YOUR BREAKS THEN SPEED OFF... NO DAMN CONSIDERATION FOR OTHERS ON THE ROAD... YOU SHOULD BE BARED FROM DRIVEN INFACT YOUR DAD SHOULD GIVE YOU A WALLOP OR THREE..

It be funny if hes actually on this site and sees this hahah
Bugz
Dubai Forums Talker

posting in Dubai AutoForum Rules

Return to Dubai Auto