Sexual Harassment In UAE

Topic locked
Sexual Harassment in UAE May 13, 2012
How prevalent is sexual harassment of women in UAE and what are we doing about it?

Check out a website that encourages women to share their experience in Egypt via twitter and uses crowdsourcing technology to depict the locations on a map - http://tfour.me/2012/05/tweet-to-report ... arassment/

immortal01
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Re: Sexual Harassment In UAE May 13, 2012
immortal01 ,

Have you been harassed?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Sexual Harassment In UAE May 14, 2012
Very prevalent...
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

i see women being harrassed here.they are been followed by guys wanting to have and desperate to have girlfriends and some dont know how to deal about this or just scared or have no idea or some just love it.
zebastian
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

That is good system. It is not as bad as Egypt here, groping can get in serious trouble here with the police. Following somebody is not exactly a crime but that can also lend in jail. Overall, Abu Dhabi and Dubai have low amount. I heard Ajman has more.
Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

It can be an awful experience, luckily the majority of the time if you just tell them to go away or threaten to call the police, they disappear pretty quickly.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic ,

yeah but some women are just scared or pretty ignorant to tell the lurker that she will call the police if he keeps following her.
zebastian
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Taking their photo usually makes them disappear as well. It's not ignorant and sometimes you have to do it! I have!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

good for you that you did it. i guess they must have scampered away when you took their photo.
zebastian
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Most sexual harassment doesn't get reported, not even with tweeter. Pinoii women are too scared. They are taught to smile and a smile is taken in many cases the wrong way in the UAE.
pizza4mortimer
BANNED

Re: Sexual Harassment In UAE May 15, 2012
A small warning, don't report sexual assualt after having some wine during Ramadhan, because you will be jailed.
mikehunt
BANNED

Re: Sexual Harassment In UAE May 15, 2012
good advice sir. its true. better to stay at home during ramadan time.
zebastian
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: Sexual Harassment In UAE May 18, 2012
I know of one instance where the husband was accused of sexual harrassment and was dissmissed from employment. The wife stood by him which was very commendable but she had a secret life going elsewhere, online, which kept her amused!
mikehunt
BANNED

What exactly constitutes SH in the UAE? Does smiling at a woman in an Abaya count as SH?? Just asking......

--- May 18, 2012 ---

The word "Sekshual" with the correct spelling is certainly NOT permitted on DF :P :P
Frequentflier
Dubai forums Addict

mikehunt ,

Oh come on BM you can do better than that. You take things I tell you and twist them so out of proportion that it is unbelieveable. The situation regarding my husband I spoke to you about, I spoke of on the forum long before you joined so the truth is buried back in my post history. False allegations (lies) against my husband; no different that the lies you post about me and more importantly, yourself. Apparently those lies didn't stick because my husband has done quite well for himself.

Let's clear up the secret life online. We talked about who we were friends with outside of DF. I told you that I was friends with RobbyG and chatted offline and thought he was one of the sweetest people on the forum and I had a soft spot for him. He was funny, young and quite the hottie. Unlike those you hooked up with who were middle aged and married. I never took it as far as you and zonker or you an herve, nor would I ever have. I never met him in person. Then when you and I fell out you informed me by PM:

From Bethsmum:

Do you know what? Sod it, I think I'll go out in a blaze of glory!
Yes, that sounds like fun and will keep you all amused for fuck1ng days.

When I go down I'll take you with me. I think I'll tell a few stories about you and your husband! I'll bury your husband and have you in bed with RobbyG. Oh, and I would be remiss to leave your daughter out of it. No one will know if it's the truth or not but I'll give those wankers on DF something to think about. Wiggle your way out of that!!!!

So go ahead and spew your lies. Your whole life is a lie, all of which comes very easy for you.

You claim your son-in-law controlled your daughter and has kept her away from you. I think there could be more to it. I don't think your daughter is that brain damaged that she can be manipulated to such an extent that she wants nothing to do with you. They seem to be doing quite well seeing as they are still together and have 3 children. And that is probably due to the fact that they kept you out of their lives. Your son-in-law and daughter saw you for what you are and probably realized that keeping some toxic, angry, pathetic biatch away from them was to the right thing to do.

I could go on and on about you BM. Oh, the reality and truth of what I could post about you would pale in comparison to anything you could make up about me. It must be really hard trying to wash the dirt off yourself and never feeling clean.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Wow not cool to threaten you like that Bora. BM has some serious issues.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Now c'mon Bora! I was party to BM's pms, as she was to mine, but you know that right? You have altered that pm. You are getting deperate in your attempts Bora.

Peace!
zonker
BANNED

zonker ,

BM you reek of desperation.

Tic toc..........tic toc............tic toc............Waiting for you, BM, to post a PM where you are telling "the truth".

Shouldn't you be toddling off to your government job right about now??
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Well I can vouch BM has never met Herve!! So thats another truth she is telling! While someone else is lying :)
zonker
BANNED

zonker wrote:Well I can vouch BM has never met Herve!! So thats another truth she is telling! While someone else is lying

Never said you had a meet up with herve BM. But there was all that online chatter about how he wanted to meet up in Paris.

Pretty sad that you prey on other peoples husbands when you already have one (useless I know, but nevertheless you are married). Why don't you stand on your own two feet and leave - it would probably put your husband out of his misery.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bora Bora wrote:
zonker wrote:Well I can vouch BM has never met Herve!! So thats another truth she is telling! While someone else is lying

Never said you had a meet up with herve BM.

Why are you referring to Zonker as BM???
joehart
BANNED

Wow - revelation after revelation!! (3 Muslim grandchildren for the Islamphobic racist sadcase.)

Karma's a b!tch.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

shafique wrote:Wow - revelation after revelation!! (3 Muslim grandchildren for the Islamphobic racist sadcase.)Karma's a b!tch.

And you know that they aren't lily white!!!!
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

:-(
mikehunt
BANNED

mikehunt ,

Awwwwww. Did someone hurt your iddy, biddy feelings BM??? I find that impossible. I don't think a hurtful, bitter, angry, vindictive creature is capable of having it's feelings hurt. That would require having a heart, something you don't have.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

BM is having a hard time keeping her persona's straight.

She slipped up when she said as 'Mike..' that she wears white blouses! :
BMpretendingtobeSomeSadDude wrote:]Damn it, why does this always happen when I drink my coffee with a white blouse on. I spilled my coffee all over, goodbye white blouse.

dubai-hightech/sci-apartment-t50274-15.html#p409463

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

shafique ,

That one, amongst others Shaf. How many "personalities" can one maintain?? I mean, we know she's out of control, but now her personalities have gone out of control. Bad enough it has to be hard being her everyday, but carrying the weight of being other people as well???
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Good observation, it wasn't a sign of hurt...
mikehunt
BANNED

mikehunt wrote:Good observation, it wasn't a sign of hurt

LOL. Seeing as how I addressed the post to you BM, here you go with another admission that it's you behind the username.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

How did I miss such a fun thread !

shafique ,
shafique wrote:Wow - revelation after revelation!! (3 Muslim grandchildren for the Islamphobic racist sadcase.)

Karma's a b!tch.

Ziiiing ! :D
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat