Apple Or Mango ?

Topic locked
Apple or Mango ? Oct 20, 2011
Well my two year old HTC phone took a dump and went dead a few days back. So now in need of a new phone, the Apple 4s is stupid expensive in some cases going for 7k ! Cheapest still over 4k and its biggest feature Siri doesn't even work here. I4 still in the mid 2k range and even then Facetime its biggest feature has trouble here and I dont see much use for it personally.

But with the launch of the new windows phone 7 Mango update these devices look very promising, seen and read many comparisons between Apple IO4/5 and Mango I'd say Mango has a much better GUI and functionabilty the only thing lacking would be the selection of apps available, but I'm sure they will catch on, and not to mention the biggest selling point. The price for most WP7 phones is almost half the price of an I4.

So what shall it be. Apple or Mango !

desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Apple or Mango ? Oct 20, 2011
Seriuosly, I thought the post was about fruit: apple for me...same for phone (but now the dilema is 4s or hold out for 5) :shock:
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

Re: Apple Or Mango ? Oct 20, 2011
wait a few weeks, Icecream is coming out for the droid handsets, why not get that. if you've read the reviews online, everyone is saying Google has taken the best of apple/win 7 mobile and created a great OS
nuzbim
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Apple Or Mango ? Oct 20, 2011
Not much info out there on ice cream and whatever there is, doesn't make it look too awesome, just an upgrade of the old android where as the WP7 and now with Mango is a totally new start from scratch OS and I just saw a Samsung Omnia 7 and the Super Amoled screen is just out of this world and compared to I4's retina display, just kicks its butt down the road.

And the price on it is unbelievable, very serious contender IMO I'd buy it just for the S-AMOLED screen. The hardware is on par with a Ip4 and now the software is too, but bigger screen and lighter. Seen some comparison videos and runs much faster than the ip4 when loading apps or browsing and I dunno I just like the GUI better than the icony grid of the apple, plus a very good people hub function something I could see myself using aswell.

Hmm...think I'm going to go for it.

And for the techies out there.

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?id ... hone2=3275
desertdudeshj

Re: Apple or Mango ? Oct 20, 2011
Ambassador wrote:Seriuosly, I thought the post was about fruit: apple for me...same for phone (but now the dilema is 4s or hold out for 5) :shock:

It's all gibberish to BM, Ambassador!

What I can contribute, for what it's worth, is that I have a new Samsung Galaxy thing, all singing, all dancing, but I miss my iphone which went into the washing machine :shock:

If I had my time again I would go for Apple.

I'm thinking of losing my Samsung. It bugs the hell out of me. I'd rather have a Blackberry.

So now it's Apple, Mango or Blackberry? :?
Bethsmum

Re: Apple or Mango ? Oct 21, 2011
Bethsmum wrote:
Ambassador wrote:Seriuosly, I thought the post was about fruit: apple for me...same for phone (but now the dilema is 4s or hold out for 5) :shock:

It's all gibberish to BM, Ambassador!

What I can contribute, for what it's worth, is that I have a new Samsung Galaxy thing, all singing, all dancing, but I miss my iphone which went into the washing machine :shock:

If I had my time again I would go for Apple.

I'm thinking of losing my Samsung. It bugs the hell out of me. I'd rather have a Blackberry.

So now it's Apple, Mango or Blackberry? :?

I know what you mea... Reminds me of this http://www.saudimac.com/2010/12/funny-b ... rry-video/
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

Re: Apple Or Mango ? Nov 10, 2011
maybe wait for some ice cream sandwich?
Andyba
Dubai Forum Admin

Re: Apple Or Mango ? Nov 30, 2011
I can add BlackBerry in the mix :lol:
devcellent
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Apple Or Mango ? Dec 19, 2011
definitely apple. blackberry has fallen behind in the race.
avianisha
Dubai Forums Member

Re: Apple Or Mango ? Dec 30, 2011
I would prefer WP7, I know when people compare history windows phone is lagging behind. However, now with WP7 with mango it is indeed growing very fast. recently it even touched the 50,000 mark for its number of applications.. too low for iUsers but still it is coming up. and with Metro UI for windows 8, surface 2 ans XBOX Kinect becoming a hit.. u may find the ease to share things between your three screens of life :)
saadasharif
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: Apple Or Mango ? Jan 09, 2012
There are so many people are using apple, so to be different , have a try on mango.
yuqtegsdfr
Dubai Forum User

Re: Apple Or Mango ? Jan 10, 2012
yuqtegsdfr ,

It's not about being different only. it is about using the best device available. if apple is better than mango then why go for mango just beacuase you don't want to use what everyone else is going after.
avianisha
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai high tech talkForum Rules

Return to Dubai high tech talk