Would U Like To Have Local Friends....??

Topic locked

if a local guy offered you his friendship what would you say?

Yes
67%
No
33%

Total votes : 15

would u like to have local friends....?? Mar 17, 2006
hey iam kind new here...but i really have alot of things to tell you :D

iam local almost 19....and i want to see what you think if some local guy offers you his friendship would u say yes or reject him...?? and why?

well....cuz i`ve noticed when i was searching for friendship with some people who r not local or even arabic...its hard..most of them would reject you....or just block and delete :? >>why?

will if are asking ur self why do i want to have a friendships with foreign people? my answer would be cuz alot of local people in the same age...would never care about anything in this life all they care about is how many gf`s do u have and what r u smoking and how many time u slept with some 1...?? i dont know why most of them thinks like that...but i want to know if i offered u my friendship would u say yes or no..??

THE_unknown
Dubai Forum Visitor

Mar 19, 2006
If you reject to have local friends yourself (or find them shallow and want forigner ones), how come you want others (forginers) to accept it (and yes they do accept it) i'm just hypothatically analysing your words :scratch: . "trying to sound intelligent"

I do disagree with you on 2 fronts.

First,
You are generalizing, i know local people who are really good, very nice, just like any other youth in any country, and also found shallow ones, just like any country too.

Second,
Looking for friendship is not online task man, go and find it at uni, school, work, or whatever venu.

cheers
yshimy

Mar 20, 2006
I would say ki$$ Um.......kekeke joking. Seriously i would ask do u have car,money, sponsor my business? if all r yes then y not? else what's the use
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 22, 2006
yshimy....

i didnt say in general.....cuz i already have local friends...very open minded and they would really really...be one of the best friends to have...but i ment i want to have friendships with people from outside my country so i will learn new things from them and they will learn new things from me.....like any 1 here is a fan of quadbiking....well...its my hobbie...i do it most the time...now i think if i get to know people who are intreasted then the same things i like...then...i will learn alot of things from them...
and i know ur point of view...and i know that u will always find good friend and bad friend in any country...and thanx for passing by...

I would say ki$$ Um.......kekeke joking. Seriously i would ask do u have car,money, sponsor my business? if all r yes then y not? else what's the use

ummm yeah....we have cars....we have 2 VW passat...black and gold...and 1 VW touarge...um 2001 land crusier...2003 jeep wrangler...2006land crusier pickup...2001honda accord...2005bmw 745il...1989nissan patrol...for desert and hunting....

and cash...ummmm...thanx god..we have enoguh...cash...for this greedy world...and why do u want to be friend to some1 just cuz he have lot of cars or lot of cash...will dude...friendship is beyond what u think...
THE_unknown
Dubai Forum Visitor

Mar 22, 2006
that was a joke dude dont take him seriously!
cadmus
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 22, 2006
THE_unknown wrote:yshimy....

i didnt say in general.....cuz i already have local friends...very open minded and they would really really...be one of the best friends to have...but i ment i want to have friendships with people from outside my country so i will learn new things from them and they will learn new things from me.....like any 1 here is a fan of quadbiking....well...its my hobbie...i do it most the time...now i think if i get to know people who are intreasted then the same things i like...then...i will learn alot of things from them...
and i know ur point of view...and i know that u will always find good friend and bad friend in any country...and thanx for passing by...

ummm yeah....we have cars....we have 2 VW passat...black and gold...and 1 VW touarge...um 2001 land crusier...2003 jeep wrangler...2006land crusier pickup...2001honda accord...2005bmw 745il...1989nissan patrol...for desert and hunting....

and cash...ummmm...thanx god..we have enoguh...cash...for this greedy world...and why do u want to be friend to some1 just cuz he have lot of cars or lot of cash...will dude...friendship is beyond what u think...

My apologies unknown if I did hurt u. I was joking. Infact I made many good friends when I was on vacation there.....that smoking sheesha, eating traditional food from a plate, turkish coffee, to sand dunes, beach, traditional dancing.........was all fun and I needed......very hospitabrl indeed.
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 28, 2006
My apologies unknown if I did hurt u.

no its ok.....u didn`t.... :lol:

u asked me a question and i answerd u thats all...soo dont worry everything is fine here..... :D

i know...i know.... :!:
THE_unknown
Dubai Forum Visitor

Mar 28, 2006
THE_unknown wrote:
My apologies unknown if I did hurt u.

no its ok.....u didn`t.... :lol:

u asked me a question and i answerd u thats all...soo dont worry everything is fine here..... :D

i know...i know.... :!:

Hey Unknown,

You will soon find that there are a lot of people in the forum who take the p*ss a lot. Ignore them and stick to the subject of the thread and it will eventually give you the information you need.

Yeah, I have a lot of good friends who are local. We are all looking to learn from each other, after all what is the point of us expats coming here and sticking our heads in your sand and trying to act like we are living back home?

Some of us really don't care what material wealth you have, we understand the situation here and make the best of it, if we can. A lot of the sniping you get is based purely on jealousy, so just ignore it and get out on your quad and have some fun, while you can. Prefer my fun on 2 wheels rather than 4, but each to his own!

Friendships should be based on who we are not what we own.

Salaam!

Dubai Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Mar 28, 2006
Nice post DK!! :)
Most expats should be open to friendships with anyone, after all why be an expat?
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: would u like to have local friends....?? Mar 28, 2006
THE_unknown wrote:hey iam kind new here...but i really have alot of things to tell you :D

iam local almost 19....and i want to see what you think if some local guy offers you his friendship would u say yes or reject him...?? and why?

well....cuz i`ve noticed when i was searching for friendship with some people who r not local or even arabic...its hard..most of them would reject you....or just block and delete :? >>why?

will if are asking ur self why do i want to have a friendships with foreign people? my answer would be cuz alot of local people in the same age...would never care about anything in this life all they care about is how many gf`s do u have and what r u smoking and how many time u slept with some 1...?? i dont know why most of them thinks like that...but i want to know if i offered u my friendship would u say yes or no..??

I say "yes". Whacha gonna do??
Douce`Amere
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Mar 28, 2006
GAB wrote:Nice post DK!! :)
Most expats should be open to friendships with anyone, after all why be an expat?

To plagiarise another quote: "Some of us are born expats, others have expat status thrust upon us!"

If you are not going to integrate into your adopted society, then there is little point in being here.

I also vote yes, or should I say 'Aiwa'?

Knight
Dubai Knight

Mar 29, 2006
Hey Unknown,

You will soon find that there are a lot of people in the forum who take the p*ss a lot. Ignore them and stick to the subject of the thread and it will eventually give you the information you need.

Yeah, I have a lot of good friends who are local. We are all looking to learn from each other, after all what is the point of us expats coming here and sticking our heads in your sand and trying to act like we are living back home?

Some of us really don't care what material wealth you have, we understand the situation here and make the best of it, if we can. A lot of the sniping you get is based purely on jealousy, so just ignore it and get out on your quad and have some fun, while you can. Prefer my fun on 2 wheels rather than 4, but each to his own!

Salaam!

Dubai Knight

welll....i will really memorize your words...really really good post...

ummm...well about the quads and the motorbikes i got yamaha YZ450F i used it for 2 weeks and i sold it again cuz i didnt like it...well..very big and u cant handle it well...or mabye i dont know how to handle it....then i got suzuki LTZ400.....and well its the best quad i ever got ..but after the yamaha YFZ450...and iam waiting for the LTR-450.....so do u ride bike in dubai or...any place near...we may have a chance to meet... :wink:

I say "yes". Whacha gonna do??

well...iam going to add him on the msn ..then i will have a better chance to really know him...or her
THE_unknown
Dubai Forum Visitor

Mar 29, 2006
DK :) It does surprise me how many people live in a country for years and their only expectation is that people around them should kiss their @rse-you see these sort of people everyday and it is shameful.
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 29, 2006
GAB wrote:DK :) It does surprise me how many people live in a country for years and their only expectation is that people around them should kiss their @rse-you see these sort of people everyday and it is shameful.

I totally agree! The number of 'tutting' Brit expats you see in Spinneys, whining because the girl behind the counter is trying to sort out the change for the person in front and they are not getting served fast enough...

The longer they have been here, the more they find to whinge about and the more arrogant about their status they become. Wait until they hit 65, then we'll see how stable their position in society really is!

I am a Brit expat...but not a 'tutter'!

The Unknown has a lovely country and there are some fantastic people here, we should count ourselves lucky, enjoy the time we are here, do some good work, make some good friends, have a heap of fun on the way, and be glad we remember it. Its not perfect, but its as close as it can be for now and it is getting better...except the traffic! Tut! Tut!(sic.)

Knight
Dubai Knight

Mar 29, 2006
well as for as i concern that if u have a local friend then u might know more about culture traditions and etc in more detail and specialy for me the main thing is FOOD...hmmm

Good Luck!!!
rana79
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 29, 2006
THE_unknown wrote:
Hey Unknown,

Salaam!

Dubai Knight

welll....i will really memorize your words...really really good post...

ummm...well about the quads and the motorbikes i got yamaha YZ450F i used it for 2 weeks and i sold it again cuz i didnt like it...well..very big and u cant handle it well...or mabye i dont know how to handle it....then i got suzuki LTZ400.....and well its the best quad i ever got ..but after the yamaha YFZ450...and iam waiting for the LTR-450.....so do u ride bike in dubai or...any place near...we may have a chance to meet... :wink:

Not sure if this is right to talk about in the Romance Forum? Wanna take it to a private conversation or in the Motors section?

Knight
Dubai Knight

Apr 01, 2006
DK- some people just lurve their bikes!! :lol:
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Apr 02, 2006
GAB wrote:DK- some people just lurve their bikes!! :lol:

Gotta be careful, they might end up HGV positive!! :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight