Dubai Climate!!!!

Topic locked
Dubai climate!!!! May 09, 2011
the weather so far is acceptable, but if I remember last year same time was terrible, I wish it last longer, but am I right? the climate is different this year!!!!

I couldn't imagine that I would be still able to go for BBQ and camping in MAY....

Mahmoud04
Dubai chat master

Re: Dubai climate!!!! May 09, 2011
Morning Mahmoud!
I have to say when I was in Dubai a couple of weeks ago, I thought the weather was just perfect. It wasn't as hot as the same time last year and there was more wind.
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Dubai Climate!!!! May 09, 2011
This year, summer has been very late to come. Normally it hits 38C by end of April.

Even in the USA and the Mediterranean (Turkey etc), spring has been late to come; it was 14C in Dallas last week .

That said last summer was long as well, it was hot well till mod of November.
BlackburnRovers
Dubai Expat Helper

Bethsmum wrote:Morning Mahmoud!
I have to say when I was in Dubai a couple of weeks ago, I thought the weather was just perfect. It wasn't as hot as the same time last year and there was more wind.

Morning to u too BM,
thats true weather in April this year was wonderful, and as for now its not yet as hot as we used to,

by the way I don't call it summer in Dubai,
Oct to May I call it summer
May to Oct I cal it HELL... :shock:

some Turkish friends are telling me its still cold there, same in Kazakhstan...

Do u think we screwed our earth climate already :?
Mahmoud04
Dubai chat master

Re: Dubai Climate!!!! May 09, 2011
BlackburnRovers wrote:This year, summer has been very late to come. Normally it hits 38C by end of April.

Even in the USA and the Mediterranean (Turkey etc), spring has been late to come; it was 14C in Dallas last week .

That said last summer was long as well, it was hot well till mod of November.

The climate in the US is sooooo screwed up!!! The past couple of years states that never saw snow, were getting hit. There was one time this winter where I believe 49 states saw snow during the same period. The floods are beyond belief. Tornados running across one state after the other.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

I think it is safe to say, that there is a definite shift in seasons and some of the weather is just going bananas.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Banana.jpg

Ba-na-na!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Re: Dubai climate!!!! May 21, 2011
I heard it was 44C in Dubai today, enjoy people :D
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Dubai climate!!!! May 22, 2011
Global weather patterns are undoubtedly changing and becoming more extreme. Whether this is the result of global warming or some longer term cycle based on other factors such as our proximity to the sun remains to be seen. The weather in Dubai has certainly been cooler year on year but its still way too hot.
DearJohn
Dubai forums Addict

sage & onion wrote:I heard it was 44C in Dubai today, enjoy people :D

to hear isn't like to feel ............... dubai summer is arriving...
Mahmoud04
Dubai chat master

Mahmoud04 wrote:
sage & onion wrote:I heard it was 44C in Dubai today, enjoy people :D

to hear isn't like to feel ............... dubai summer is arriving...

Don't worry I have felt enough Dubai Summers, raining Cats & Dogs here at the moment.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Well you'll never HEAR that it goes above 50 degrees, because a decree by the late Sheikh Zayed stated that if it does, people are not allowed to work!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:Well you'll never HEAR that it goes above 50 degrees, because a decree by the late Sheikh Zayed stated that if it does, people are not allowed to work!

"allowed to work" and UAE don't mix... "forced to work" or more appropriately "work a few hours" is more like it...for the natives anyway (regardless of temperature or weather).
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

Re: Dubai Climate!!!! May 22, 2011
You never get used to the heat here in dubai no matter how long you've been here. Every year I dread its onset. Can't even imagine how I spent so much time out in the desert in summer.
desertdudeshj

Re: Dubai climate!!!! May 23, 2011
The humidity factor has now kicked in.

I recall that last year there was a long period in July where we had some high cloud cover and it kept the temperature down to bearable levels.

Riding around town last night after the Joe Cocker gig was like biking in a sauna!

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight

Re: Dubai Climate!!!! May 23, 2011
Really hate it when its even humid at night. Bah ! Summer sucks !
desertdudeshj

desertdudeshj wrote:You never get used to the heat here in dubai no matter how long you've been here. Every year I dread its onset. Can't even imagine how I spent so much time out in the desert in summer.

Because you were getting paid to have fun??? :
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bora Bora wrote:
desertdudeshj wrote:You never get used to the heat here in dubai no matter how long you've been here. Every year I dread its onset. Can't even imagine how I spent so much time out in the desert in summer.

Because you were getting paid to have fun??? :

LOL. I do pity people having to work outside in the summer though. I'm tempted to go and sit in Ski Dubai for a bit.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

A lot of work I did in the begining was not paid, you could say I was in a kind of a internship and was real hard work. Building camps, shuttling big generators, pumps etc etc. The toughest assignment I think I ever got was to build a fence on the surrounding dunes around the camp. Slugging a hammer on foot and driving in 5 feet poles ! Yes we hired men to do that kind of work but I'm not the one who likes to sit in his Airconditioned car, ordering men around from the window while I sip a cool pepsi. Besides people always respect you more and niether can the make excuses that it can't be done when your right there among them doing it in front of them.

But god dammit loved every second of it, some of the best days of my life actually. Just now too used to not being out in the sun ! But who knows ? Friend ( my ex boss actually, we were more like friends anyways and actually were friends before he became the boss man ) has opened up a new company and they need to build everything up from scratch ...again. He knows my work and knows I can be trusted, so who knows ?
desertdudeshj

Re: Dubai climate!!!! May 24, 2011
lovely weather coming in the next few months, nothing feels better than the fresh air outside that is similar to opening a rice cooker and putting your face in on the steam :x :evil:

I've already moved my exercise equipment indoors, since i don't want to accidentally pass out from the heat and choke on my barbell while benching :lol:

edit: oh ya, forgot to mention the parking lot inside the malls will feel like hell itself
xero_
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Dubai climate!!!! May 24, 2011
xero_ wrote:lovely weather coming in the next few months, nothing feels better than the fresh air outside that is similar to opening a rice cooker and putting your face in on the steam :x :evil:

I've already moved my exercise equipment indoors, since i don't want to accidentally pass out from the heat and choke on my barbell while benching :lol:

edit: oh ya, forgot to mention the parking lot inside the malls will feel like hell itself

Hahahaha that's funny as! Yeah start the pool chillers as swimming in what can only be described as soup, is never a good thing, or salty soup if you're in the sea.

The malls - die of heat on the outside, freeze to death on the inside! Is it really necessary for them to have it so cold? Do they not realise the amount of money they'd save by knocking the ac's down a few?
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat