Patience

Topic locked
Patience Apr 23, 2011
It seems to me there is a total lack of patience in Dubai. One trip to MoE today confirmed it.

A large man of Lebanesey tendency is making a right fuss in Carrefour because there are two pay stations in the electrical goods section, but only one operating and there is a queue. This line consists of 3 people and is moving quickly but he insists loudly that he shouldn't have to wait to be served and should not had to queue! I politely pointed out to him that he is obliged to wait his turn...just like everyone else. Including me.

Having made my purchase, I am pushing my trolley through the throng of scantily clad tourists to the elevator. There are 4 of us waiting with our trolleys. As the lift arrives, a lady of Arabic origin pushes in front of all of us and attempts to get her trolley in the lift whilst blocking the people who are trying to get out. It is an Indian family with 2 small children and they are trying to get a push chair out of the lift past this woman who keeps trying to push her trolley into the crowded space. She then starts gobbing off in Arabic at the Indians. Thankfully a local lady waiting in the queue, then gives her a load of verbal and makes her back off and wait her turn.

And finally, I am pulling out of my parking space and a guy notices I am leaving. Out of courtesy I indicate the space will become free, so what does he do? He pulls his Escalade up just past me and, as I reverse out and just about clear the space, he is trying to back up between the front of my car and the space to try and block it! I can hardly move and have to wait for him to push his way past me before I can pull away!

A bunch of Dubai arsehats!!

:evil: :evil: :evil:

Knight

Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Patience Apr 23, 2011
Hard lesson learned: never, at all costs, go to a mall Thursday evening, Friday, Saturday, unless it is a life or death situation. For me that situation is: out of ciggies, out of milk and that can be taken care of from a small shop or petrol station!!!! Fortunately I can take care of what I need during the week when kiddies are in school and it isn't a family day out. Having said that, I do have to deal with the "Baby on Board" drivers. :evil: Then you have the occasional idiot who goes the wrong way in one way lanes in the parking lots because apparently their time is so valuable that they can't take 1 more minute to go around and drive in a lane in the direction they should be going.

Did make a rare trip our of the home today with a friend. Went in the opposite direction on some "desert" road. Had lunch, did our shopping and made our way home. Made it back home - no bottles shattered, but there were a few shattered nerves. :wink:

-- Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:53 pm --

Hard lesson learned: never, at all costs, go to a mall Thursday evening, Friday, Saturday, unless it is a life or death situation. For me that situation is: out of ciggies, out of milk and that can be taken care of from a small shop or petrol station!!!! Fortunately I can take care of what I need during the week when kiddies are in school and it isn't a family day out. Having said that, I do have to deal with the "Baby on Board" drivers. :evil: Then you have the occasional idiot who goes the wrong way in one way lanes in the parking lots because apparently their time is so valuable that they can't take 1 more minute to go around and drive in a lane in the direction they should be going.

Did make a rare trip our of the home today with a friend. Went in the opposite direction on some "desert" road. Had lunch, did our shopping and made our way home. Made it back home - no bottles shattered, but there were a few shattered nerves. :wink:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: Patience Apr 26, 2011
Worst I have seen in Dubai was at DXB at the check counter for a flight to Baku. It was a war-zone!
I also donot like how Indians queueu. They seem to love queues, but never take enough distance (why???), almost sticking their front in the back of the person infront of them. Very offensive, and got me in a loud verbal fight the first time I arrived at DXB years ago.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

DK we live in a world of Instant-gratification, How on earth do you expect anyone to even understand the meaning of the word "Patience" ?
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

So true zubber!
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Mmm remember that phrase 'Patience is a virtue'.

A couple of stories, went off to Thailand in January and amusing how all the Dubaiites thought they could act the same way and queue jump and be pains, oh what a shock they got from Thai immigration and security when they opened up new lanes and ushered all the westerners (who don't require visas) through - oh how they were put out.

A mate had an old army friend who flew back to the UK and the usual suspect decides he's going to barge his way through the queue to the front, big old chap says, not on your nelly matey and gets into a spat, so he punches the guy in the face. Of course then the police come over:

Policeman: 'Sorry Sir, I'm going to have to fine you for assault'
Big dude: 'Really? How much?'
Policeman: '50 pounds Sir!'
Big dude: '50 pounds? Is that all? Better make it 100!' - and smacks the guy again!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Patience Apr 27, 2011
Usually Arabs are hard to handle :( excluding the good ones
skullslasher
Dubai Forum Visitor

There are 2 forms of queue breakers in Dubai

1) This guy barges in and becomes abusive if ou point it out. How dare you not allow someone to break in front just because he speaks Arabic?

2) This one is often Indian, sometimes Filipino, tries to push through acting as if he is doing something perfectly legitimate, when you point it out, he pretends as if nothing happened.

Best example of queue breaking i ever saw: An Aran woman barges ina taxi queue and pushes aside a Filipina, when the latter says she was here first, the former says "Move away you filthy housemaid".

Thats the attitude many queue breakers have and as long as people are not allowed to discuss it, nothing will change
BlackburnRovers
Dubai Expat Helper

Flying Dutchman wrote:Worst I have seen in Dubai was at DXB at the check counter for a flight to Baku. It was a war-zone!
I also donot like how Indians queueu. They seem to love queues, but never take enough distance (why???), almost sticking their front in the back of the person infront of them. Very offensive, and got me in a loud verbal fight the first time I arrived at DXB years ago.

ha... ha... may be a trait developed because of the too high population density. :lol:
zaq
Dubai Forum User

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat