Billionaires?

Topic locked
Billionaires? Apr 26, 2011
Hey Chocs this thread is not about Dubai. This is a warning, maybe you don't want to read it! :D

ok now to continue my post,

Just when I was thinking about applying for another Master, I read this article on Business week:
http://www.businessweek.com/managing/content/apr2011/ca2011046_185020.htm?campaign_id=rss_topStories

And in the article there was a link to the website dedicated to billionaires who dropped education!
http://www.twincommas.com/billionaire-college-dropouts

and I just thought maybe I wasted my time with getting degrees so far!

Seriously what do you need to become a billionaire?

melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Re: Billionaires? Apr 26, 2011
Seriously Mel, give it a rest, we're over that already. Oh and the answer to your question is a bit of a brain, ingenuity and an idea!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Checked twincommas. Seems an idea or talent, along with initiative and believing in what you are doing to become a billionaire.

How are you Mel? Missed you.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Chocoholic wrote:Seriously Mel, give it a rest, we're over that already. Oh and the answer to your question is a bit of a brain, ingenuity and an idea!

WTF? get real Chocs! I don't particpate in any of your recent fighting and screaming around!Just I noticed you have problem with threads which is not about Dubai!

You seriously are helpless!

-- Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:47 pm --

Bora Bora wrote:Checked twincommas. Seems an idea or talent, along with initiative and believing in what you are doing to become a billionaire.

How are you Mel? Missed you.

yes yes I agree. And they say you have to have great passion for what you doing!
Some days ago I was thinking about my job, and I realised maybe this is not what I wanna do all my life.

Missed you to Bora. hope to see you soon...
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Mel, it was another jab at Chocs. If you were trying to be neutral you would have just posted your question and not even mentioned her.

Grow up!
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

kanelli wrote:Mel, it was another jab at Chocs. If you were trying to be neutral you would have just posted your question and not even mentioned her.

Grow up!

I see that your in good form, having a go at everyone who comes by.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

kanelli wrote:Mel, it was another jab at Chocs. If you were trying to be neutral you would have just posted your question and not even mentioned her.

Grow up!

And you are?

Oh I forgot, THE SAVIOR!
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

sage & onion wrote:

Grow up!

I see that your in good form, having a go at everyone who comes by.

Nooooooooooooooo??? Not possible Sage.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

I'm in good form for calling it as I see it.

Do you disagree that Mel was childish to take a jab at Chocs when the thread needed no such thing to be a neutral and valid thread on the forum? Or perhaps you are just taking the opportunity to have a go at me Sage?
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

kanelli wrote:I'm in good form for calling it as I see it.

Do you disagree that Mel was childish to take a jab at Chocs when the thread needed no such thing to be a neutral and valid thread on the forum? Or perhaps you are just taking the opportunity to have a go at me Sage?

LOL! I was being childish!?? you have filled the forum with your nonsense since your re appearance!
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

I've been on this forum for 6 years and I have not filled it with nonsense.

Did you post to ask a question about being a billionaire or to be a jerk to Chocs? Which is it?
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

kanelli wrote:I've been on this forum for 6 years and I have not filled it with nonsense.

Did you post to ask a question about being a billionaire or to be a jerk to Chocs? Which is it?

Duh!!! She means since you resurfaced!!!! which was only what, today???
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

I bet having any of us who you dislike back on the forum is a big inconvenience to you. That's why you are trying to run Chocs off with your constant jabs.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

kanelli wrote:I've been on this forum for 6 years and I have not filled it with nonsense.

Hey Ms.Investigator, I need a lawyer to answer your question.

You take yourslef too seriously K. Although I have no interest to engage in any "debate" with you, I need to let you know that My thread was and is about billionaires. haven't you seen Chocs going on other members because their thread is not relevant to Dubai?
I have seen it and I gave her a warning not to read my thread!

now get back to your fights, you are losing! :lol: :lol: :lol:
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

kanelli wrote:I bet having any of us who you dislike back on the forum is a big inconvenience to you. That's why you are trying to run Chocs off with your constant jabs.

Who are you talking to?? If it's me, do you really think I care if you are on or off DF? Oh you really are delusional. :P :P You really don't get just how insignificant you are, not just to me, but a few others Kanelli. You really should stop embarrassing yourself playing DF police and posting your nonsense.

And what do you call this?

kanelli wrote:We still haven't seen BM's men posting here to defend her, and no sign of Mel yet. Things are likely to get more heated when they arrive and start commenting.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Right, I will drag this one straight back on topic in an attempt at stopping the handbag swinging...

I worked for 11 years for Sir Richard Branson. He dropped out of school (got kicked out!) and only has 5 'O' levels to his name. He was determined, talented, lucky (very lucky sometimes as he nearly ended up in jail once and the Virgin brand has been nearly bust several times) but he has two qualities that I admire:

Firstly: He knows what consumers want. He is one and therefore applied his own values to what he felt the consumer experience should be.

Secondly: He has an uncanny knack of being able to spot special skills in people and draws them out by using humanity and empowerment to let them feel they are really achieving something special.

I witnessed it many times and admire him for it. That being said, he is a very difficult person to deal with on a one to one level as he has a butterfly brain that is always one, if not five, steps ahead of everyone around him. He has the attention span of a 3 year old and absolutely zero technical skills.

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Bora Bora wrote:And what do you call this?

kanelli wrote:We still haven't seen BM's men posting here to defend her, and no sign of Mel yet. Things are likely to get more heated when they arrive and start commenting.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I didn't even see that Bora! I don't read her posts usually!
hehe, thanks for quoting it! Made my day!
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Branson is definitely a fascinating guy.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Dubai Knight wrote:Right, I will drag this one straight back on topic in an attempt at stopping the handbag swinging...

I worked for 11 years for Sir Richard Branson. He dropped out of school (got kicked out!) and only has 5 'O' levels to his name. He was determined, talented, lucky (very lucky sometimes as he nearly ended up in jail once and the Virgin brand has been nearly bust several times) but he has two qualities that I admire:

Firstly: He knows what consumers want. He is one and therefore applied his own values to what he felt the consumer experience should be.

Secondly: He has an uncanny knack of being able to spot special skills in people and draws them out by using humanity and empowerment to let them feel they are really achieving something special.

I witnessed it many times and admire him for it. That being said, he is a very difficult person to deal with on a one to one level as he has a butterfly brain that is always one, if not five, steps ahead of everyone around him. He has the attention span of a 3 year old and absolutely zero technical skills.

8) 8) 8)

Knight

Thanks for dragging the thread back on topic.

Yes "Lucky" is the word too. Maybe right time, right place that is.
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

You know Rb has been on the verge of bankrupcy several times, but he always manages to pull it back again. He's borrow a fortune to help build his empire. His autobiographies are great reading.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

I am in Losing my Virginity!

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight

Re: Billionaires? Apr 27, 2011
@mel,

if you want to be a billionaire, learn to manage your time well.

In other words, don't spend a lot of time on forums like this.

Now, don't ask me why I am here.

I have lot of time to kill and I don't want to be a billionaire.
zaq
Dubai Forum User

I’m not kidding…but the best and sharpest people I have ever dealt with in my line of work were, more often than not, those without a college degree (but with a lot of experience under their belt.)

The best troubleshooter in our organization, whom we nicknamed The Savior, didn’t even finish high school. He is really worth his weight in gold. I honestly would love to have him on my team, and I’m willing to trade 10 of my so-called post-graduate guys for him.

8) 8)

-- Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:45 am --

Dubai Knight wrote:I am in Losing my Virginity!

8) 8) 8)

Knight

Auh..Huhh....!!!

I know who you are now, DK!!!

:D :D
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Well Mel, I think the simplest rule of the game is to go out there and start something. No matter how small or how insignificant it may seem. The untold story of many of the world's richest men is that when they started out they practically operated out of their garages and moved on to make it big. So I guess that's the idea, just get out there, start your own gig and take it on from there.

The problem with education is pressure. People definitely learn a whole lot, but then they sacrifice everything they have learned for a few dollars more. How else can one explain pilots working in call centers. I'd opine that education would be incomplete if one can't apply what he has learned to his business practices. And that's where education and entrepreneurial spirit can go hand in hand.

-- Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:04 am --

Well Mel, I think the simplest rule of the game is to go out there and start something. No matter how small or how insignificant it may seem. The untold story of many of the world's richest men is that when they started out they practically operated out of their garages and moved on to make it big. So I guess that's the idea, just get out there, start your own gig and take it on from there.

The problem with education is pressure. People definitely learn a whole lot, but then they sacrifice everything they have learned for a few dollars more. How else can one explain pilots working in call centers. I'd opine that education would be incomplete if one can't apply what he has learned to his business practices. And that's where education and entrepreneurial spirit can go hand in hand.
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Tom Jones wrote:

Auh..Huhh....!!!

I know who you are now, DK!!!

:D :D

I know who I am too!

:D :D :D

Knight
Dubai Knight

@ zaq: That's right. I don't see any other billionaires on this forum either! :D

@ TJ: I don't know where you work Tom, but still I think at least a high school diploma is a necessity!

@ MCL: I know! Go out there and start something! True!
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

There's no doubt that education is important. But so is experience. Who is a company more likely to employ, some snot nosed guy with 10 degrees to his name, or someone who can actually do the job? Experience counts for everything, and in that lies the Catch 22, how do you get experience if no one gives you a chance.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Billionaires? Apr 28, 2011
Every billionaire is guilty of some sort of fraud, deceit , misappropriation , unfair business ethics, monopolizing tendencies, over inflated ego, lack of consideration for others, self-aggrandizement , belief they are better than everybody else, In short they are despicable low life's that will sell their souls for accumulating wealth. Hence having a goal to be a Billionaire is a terrible aim.
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

zubber wrote: sell their souls for accumulating wealth.

Agreed 100%. All Billionaires stepped on people, ruined some lifes and have betrayed many people, without any regret. All for money, all for their personal gain. Their "strenght" is that they can appear compassionate and caring to the outside world when they want. Some are almost schizo. I did business and was "friends" with a very energetic, charismatic succesfull business man. Business was tough, but fair and in the weekend we could leave it all behind. After many years he tricked me for money (not incredible much though, which makes it even worse on an emotional level). A few hours later he asks whether I fancy a beer with him. WTF?
Their persistence and dedication is out of this world (strengthened with testosteron, succesful business women are known to inject this). They have failed many times, before they got it right and made their big hit.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

I don't agree! I think this is just an excuse for people who can not be billionaires.
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat