Where Is Mubarak?

Topic locked
Where is Mubarak? Feb 24, 2011
We know where Ben Ali fled to but where is Mubarak gone? Also seems strange that there is almost no press out there about it (at least I could not find it). Exile in America in exchange for stepping down? Or the gulf?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... rtune.html

JoeTGF
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Where Is Mubarak? Feb 24, 2011
Sharm al Sheik I think
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Where Is Mubarak? Feb 25, 2011
I think Sharm el Sheikh, and there is rumor in Egypt what happened wasn't Mubarak resignation but it was the army taking it by power, so I don't believe the army forces will let Mubarak go anywhere these days...

And the Army leaders and some people in power themselves confirmed there is still hidden information about the last few days in presidency which should be announced later when things calm down...
Mahmoud04
Dubai chat master

Mahmoud04 wrote:I think Sharm el Sheikh, and there is rumor in Egypt what happened wasn't Mubarak resignation but it was the army taking it by power, so I don't believe the army forces will let Mubarak go anywhere these days...

And the Army leaders and some people in power themselves confirmed there is still hidden information about the last few days in presidency which should be announced later when things calm down...

I heard Sharm el Sheikh as well. It was also reported that his health was deteriorating.

When I saw all the military head honchos at that meeting and Mubarak was not there, and then the announcement that Mubarak resigned, I thought it was pretty clear that the military had decided to take over temporarily until things got sorted out.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

you are right BB, anyway next few months will answer a lot of questions but it is gonna be hard period as now the army is over loaded with tasks...

there was an interview with 3 of the army generals and the interviewer asked about the size of corruption was in Egypt and the man said "Too Much"
Mahmoud04
Dubai chat master

Well it appears they are rounding up those that were corrupt one after the other!!!

Mahmoud, I told my husband that this is going to be Egypt's shining moment and given time it will become a vibrant country with so many opportunities. The people raised their hands and their hearts to democracy and their voices were heard. I also told him that I hope someone builds a monument in the Square with all the names of those who died for this cause. They should always be remembered. Not as martyrs but as heros.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: Where Is Mubarak? Feb 26, 2011
Bora Bora wrote:Well it appears they are rounding up those that were corrupt one after the other!!!

Mahmoud, I told my husband that this is going to be Egypt's shining moment and given time it will become a vibrant country with so many opportunities. The people raised their hands and their hearts to democracy and their voices were heard. I also told him that I hope someone builds a monument in the Square with all the names of those who died for this cause. They should always be remembered. Not as martyrs but as heros.

Agree with you 100% about the opportunities (I am planning to return home soon, before end of 2011 hopefully),
but hopefully the region calm down soon, coz as u see the regions' current news is shaking the whole world..

about the heros, there is plans from some people as I heard to build monument in the Tahrir square, and I think already they started to change street names in where these heros lived in into their names..
Mahmoud04
Dubai chat master

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk