Degree Attestation

Topic locked
Degree Attestation Jan 19, 2011
Hello Everyone,

Im currently studying at University of London, London School of Economics Distance Learning,
I recently found out that the ministry of higher education will not accept distance learning degrees for attestation.

My questions :

Why do i need attestation ? I was confirmed by the British Council and they as well as the London School of Economics will verify the legitimacy of the degree. Will every employer ask me to attest it with the ministry if i get a job or they will ask me to verify it.

I have no doubt that the degree im going for is legitimate.

Thanks in advance

bsorc
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Degree Attestation Jan 19, 2011
bsorc wrote:Why do i need attestation ?

An attestation of a document is to indicate it is genuine, contrary to what you or the document states.

I will comment about the degree since I have done something similar recently.

I got my degree from utopia , but I want to get a job in the uae, The uae authorities have asked me to get an attestation of my degree from my embassy. When I went to the utopian embassy, they wanted me to first get my papers attested by the - Ministry of Higher education in utopia , Then the Ministry of foreign affairs in utopia , and then finally have the document notarized in utopia, After getting all those chops on the copies of the degree, then i went to the utopian embassy for the attestation. Now the uae authorities will be accept it as a valid copy.

What you or I "think" of the procedures is irrelevant. This is what you need to do.

And yes, every employer that is not in the same country that issued the certificate will demand an attestation
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

Thank you Zubber,

did you have a distance learning degree?
bsorc
Dubai forums Addict

bsorc wrote:did you have a distance learning degree?

No problem ,

Well if your wondering, if whatever you did gives some sort of a document as proof of doing it, then those will also have to be attested.

And I am actually in the middle of a distance learning course myself too :D
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

Degree from Utopia ? What course was it, bachelors of living in a perfect society :D
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

desertdudeshj wrote:Degree from Utopia ? What course was it, bachelors of living in a perfect society :D

The course was about Atlantean Physics :mrgreen:
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Degree Attestation Jan 24, 2011
I hear a lot of people are leaving Utopia to live in tax havens.
blueshift
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum