Degree Certificate Attestation

Topic locked
Degree Certificate Attestation Jan 31, 2008
Hi,

I came to Dubai before two years. Right now I’m working in a company in Dubai free zone. While coming to Dubai I didn’t get my certificate attested. After I joined the company UAE government has amended a rule that all the educational certificates have to be attested before coming to Dubai.
Since I’m already working in Dubai the new rule by the UAE government didn’t affect me. Recently I got a job offer in Abudhabi and now I want my degree certificates to be attested.
Can anyone please let me know, what is the best way of getting this done as I will not be able to travel back home (Chennai, India) for completing the formalities for the certificate attestation?
Expecting a reply from you all. Please help.

Regards
Benny

mailbennyjohn
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: Degree Certificate Attestation Feb 25, 2008
Now you can verify your degree certificates the easy way by picking up a verification envelope at your nearest Emirates Post office or typing centre.

The Degree Verification program has replaced the Attestation process from 4 September, 2005. Stamping of certificates ie Attestation, will no longer be necessary from this date and the verification will be carried out for all degree certificates directly from Universities and Technical colleges. IntegraScreen will be verifying all degree & diploma certificates on behalf of the Ministry of Labour & Social Affairs for the Degree Verification program

For more details, please see
http://www.emiratespost.com/content/english/degree.jsp

:) Thanks, FB Umar
mailbennyjohn wrote:Hi,

I came to Dubai before two years. Right now I’m working in a company in Dubai free zone. While coming to Dubai I didn’t get my certificate attested. After I joined the company UAE government has amended a rule that all the educational certificates have to be attested before coming to Dubai.
Since I’m already working in Dubai the new rule by the UAE government didn’t affect me. Recently I got a job offer in Abudhabi and now I want my degree certificates to be attested.
Can anyone please let me know, what is the best way of getting this done as I will not be able to travel back home (Chennai, India) for completing the formalities for the certificate attestation?
Expecting a reply from you all. Please help.

Regards
Benny
fbumar
Dubai Forum Guest

Feb 25, 2008
Cool I need to do this too!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Feb 25, 2008
Actually has anyone from the UK use this service? I called the British Embassy and they said they'd never heard of it and I'd still have to send my documents to the UK myself - bahhh humbug!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Feb 25, 2008
Don't you just need to attest them form the British Council?

Anyway to the OP from what I know you need to attest your certificates from the Ministry of Education in your country, the Indian Embassy here, and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs here. Though DON'T take that as fact as I'm not 100% sure. Just basing it on general attestation requirements.

I would say call the Ministry of Education but those guys can be quite confusing.

Hmm I still haven't attested my certificates either...Been quite a few years already. I just don't like going to Abu Dhabi :P
MC
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 25, 2008
Er no. Pfff in the UK you have to send it to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to get the signature confrimed as being genuine on your certificates. Then you have to send it to the UAE Embassy in the UK. It's a complete faff.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Feb 25, 2008
Ah I thought it would be different but I guess it's like every other certificate.

Oh and again to the OP, if you have to send them to India anyway, you can probably also attest them from the UAE Embassy in India and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in India.
MC
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum