Any Advice To A New Mover

Topic locked
any advice to a new mover Nov 26, 2010
thinking of moving out, to the PJ. From UK, Any advice? There have been some scare stories here about drinking and kissing in a bar, is it that strict out there, cause I've also heard of drunk sex the beach and big spliffs.

aBloke
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: any advice to a new mover Nov 26, 2010
forgive my ignorance whats P.J? I like it here personally - its a bit fake. Laws are definitely stricter ie you can't walk down the street with a can of lager (not sure you can that UK either!) but as long as you are not an idiot than you won't have a problem. Loads of people from the UK here and they have no problems getting drunk in the hotel bars, nightclubs, home parties, etc. Check out Nisimi beach at Atlantis - pretty much filled up with UK people each week. If you have not been to Dubai I would suggest you come for a visit before deciding on working/living here - its not for everyone but some people love it.
JoeTGF
Dubai forums Addict

Palm Jumeirah, Joe.
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

thank you BM - never heard it referred to it like that - people just say the "palm" to me -- I mean the other two aren't built so its obvious which one it would be. anyway will save my blushes next time someone refers to it - thx.
JoeTGF
Dubai forums Addict

Re: any advice to a new mover Nov 27, 2010
Joe, I think it shows that aBloke is not familiar with Dubai, refering to PJ, He must have been reading the hype.
Bethsmum

Glad to hear that....thought I just wasn't in the know. Also glad I didn't try and sound cool by calling it P.J. myself.
JoeTGF
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Any Advice To A New Mover Nov 27, 2010
"Any advice to a new mover"

Yes, don't.
desertdudeshj

Now DDS stop it. There are worse places than Dubai. Take Manchester for instance. If you f4rt, they nick it.
Bethsmum

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat