Buying Apartment Experiences

Topic locked
Re: Buying apartment experiences Nov 24, 2010
AGAIN!!!!! BM and DD just STOP! If you have nothing to contribute, then don't say anything!

Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:AGAIN!!!!! BM and DD just STOP! If you have nothing to contribute, then don't say anything!

Otherwise I’ll THcweem and THcweem and THcweem until I make myself Thick!!!

LOL you don’t have a Lithp too, do you Chocs?

:lol: :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3OO42dKxfY
Dillon
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Chocoholic wrote:AGAIN!!!!! BM and DD just STOP! If you have nothing to contribute, then don't say anything!

Sorry Chocs :(

-- Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:24 am --

Dillon wrote:

Otherwise I’ll THcweem and THcweem and THcweem until I make myself Thick!!!

LOL you don’t have a Lithp too, do you Chocs?

:lol: :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3OO42dKxfY

I wish I was thixth again :D
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

I honestly do not know what is wrong with you! If you want to constantly bash each other, go start a thread in FC and do it there!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocs you seem to be missing the point, I can only speak for myself here and not DDS but I was only having a bit of fun. There was only me and him on at the time. Fun seems to be missing in your life at the moment. I'm sure, when people come onto DF, they are not looking for high brow entertainment but a little light relief from a bit of a boring day, or night. What amuses me is that Arnie closes a topic, which he is entitled to do and says what he says and you pick up on it and repreat it time and time again, like you are preaching the word or something. Can't you come up with your own thoughts instead of repeating someone else's just to make yourself look good? And what's with 'tiresome'? Is it the word of the month or something?
Now I expect DDS to come on and say he was deadly serious. I have to say as I was having an exchange with a moderator, I thought I was in safe hands. :D
Bethsmum

No BM, YOU sadly miss the point that your bit of 'fun' is completely trashing the forum and virtually every thread in it. I can safely say that the majority are now sick and tired of it. There are times for a bit of fun and joking about, but every single thread is not it.

Sadly some of the mods do not deserve their titles and they should know better quite frankly.

If you wish to dig your own graves, then by all means carry on and see what happens! People like you have done this time and time again in the past and oh surprise surprise, they're no longer here!

As I said, either write something that contributes to the topic of the thread or just don't write anything at all.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

desertdudeshj

Chocoholic wrote:No BM, YOU sadly miss the point that your bit of 'fun' is completely trashing the forum and virtually every thread in it. I can safely say that the majority are now sick and tired of it. There are times for a bit of fun and joking about, but every single thread is not it.

Sadly some of the mods do not deserve their titles and they should know better quite frankly.

If you wish to dig your own graves, then by all means carry on and see what happens! People like you have done this time and time again in the past and oh surprise surprise, they're no longer here!

As I said, either write something that contributes to the topic of the thread or just don't write anything at all.

Jesus, do you never give up with your lecturing? Firstly I don't post on every topic so how I'm trashing the forum remains to be seen. How can you say the majority are sick, you haven't been taking out another straw poll have you? And as for some not deserving their titles as moderators, well you would know all about that, now wouldn't you?
Bethsmum

Re: Buying Apartment Experiences Nov 24, 2010
I see someone!!! is standing on her!!!! shoebox!!!!!
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

OK, to the OP, while the market may have been in free fall for the last couple of years, you ain't going to get much for 450k. You could get a little place in International City - but it's going to be difficult to get finance there.

I've got to admire the optimism of anyone who buys in this market. Property prices are down, rents are way down and the laws are not clear and don't seem to offer good protection to property owners. There are a lot safer things to do with your money.
blueshift
Dubai forums Addict

The best thing to do would be to delete all the irrelevant posts in thread.

How is the area around Al-Mamzar like? I'm a bit concerned about the air traffic.
brucebanner
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Can you buy around Al Mamzar?
Bethsmum

No freehold properties in that area.

You should do some research on freehold properties as those are the only ones you can purchase.

(I was going to put a smilely but I know you don't appreciate anything that resembles humor. :cyclopsani: )
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Also keep in mind you just own the structure not the land in case of villas etc tec
desertdudeshj

Re: Buying apartment experiences Nov 25, 2010
There are some fantastic properties in Al Mamza, you won't get one for £80,000 :D Opps sorry for the smilie, let's be serious BM! I often take little Miss Beth to Al Mamza as she likes to get an eye full of the local youths on their jet skis. I must admit to getting an eye full too, but I hide behind my Chanel sunnies. When I'm not looking at the talent, I look at the houses, absolutely fantastic. Millions of dirhams Bruce, and I'm afraid way out of your league. Get a bigger piggie bank and keep putting the pennies away but even then you couldn't buy as Emirati only. You need to do some more research. Hope this helps :wink:
Bethsmum

Bethsmum wrote:...
When I'm not looking at the talent, I look at the houses, absolutely fantastic.

Huh, I thought you're a female.
brucebanner
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Yes, Bruce, the last time I looked I was definately a female. Now please don't tell me you are one of the those men who think ladies don't give you the once over. I can assure you Bruce, that us ladies rate you men on exactly the same terms and if any other lady comes on and denies this, she is telling porkies. PS Are you fit? :D
Bethsmum

Re: Buying apartment experiences Nov 26, 2010
Found this back forth banter really funny.
I bought and regret it but such is life. Yep its been a loss and of course I regret the price I paif but generally speaking I think its always better to buy as long as you can afford it and are not leveraged up to your *rse.
JoeTGF
Dubai forums Addict

Yes, hindsight is a wonderful thing, but some you win, some you lose, better luck next time eh?
Bethsmum

Yep hindsight 20/20 - the good thing is I can blame the purchase on my wife as she wanted the house...even though I did as well. Anyway as someone said life is a rollercoaster and can't enjoy it if it doesn't scare you a bit.
JoeTGF
Dubai forums Addict

That's the spirit, Joe. If it goes wrong blame the wife! Yes, I agree, being scared can be fun, that's weird isn't it?
Bethsmum

Re: Buying apartment experiences Nov 27, 2010
Scary is fun as long as it doesn't affect bowel control....then it just becomes a mess...literally.

Anyway back on topic of property - wanted to get peoples thoughts of when/if we will see a rise in house prices in Dubai -

(a) within 2 years
(b) 2-5 years
(c) not for at least 5 years

I am probably in the (b) camp myself. I am sure opinions differ but Dubai feels a little healthier than it did last year to me. Yes still more properties coming on the market but also more people coming here than leaving now from what I understand. Maybe I am wrong. Dunno.
JoeTGF
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Buying Apartment Experiences Nov 27, 2010
I think atleast 5 years, Still way too many empty ghost towns and more and more come online everyday. Will take atleast 2 or 3 years to get everything what has started to finish if they ever get finished. Economic situation is Dubai not getting anybetter and more and more people will want to cut loose.

And not more people than comming now I think, just less leaving compared to the great exodus of sometime back. Don't let official figures sway you. Even during the worse of times they were issuing positive figures !

All the bad press internationaly isn't helping either and seems like this will just get worse. Economicaly Abu Dhabi has over taken Dubai and will keep doing so. Thus adding to the downward spiral.
desertdudeshj

During my sleepless night the other night I was watching Sky news and it was talking about Dubai. I think it must be because Mrs Queen is in the region. They were talking to an expert on the middle east and he was British, a doctor of some description. He was saying Dubai is very important indeed. Apparantly it's ports are the very best in the region and for that one reason alone Dubai will survive. He also mentioned that some buildings that will never be used are to be knocked down. I don't know if he was refering to unfinished ones or ones that are finished but not sold. He was very positive indeed on the outlook for Dubai.
For that reason I would go for 2 to 5 years.
I bought my place off plan in 2003. I could have sold it for silly money in 2007/8 but was never tempted. I was never in for the quick flip but for the long term. Je ne regrette rien.
Bethsmum

BM - yep I think Dubai is definitely important from a middle east perspective. If you have money in the region (whether you are Iranian, Iraqi, Jordanian, etc, etc) Dubai represents a good place to live and lots of my friends in Dubai have business's either here or in other parts of the middle east but choose to live here as it offers the best lifestyle for them. Hence I can't see Dubai not growing and not succeeding (probably a contentious point for many) but after whats happened it will take a bit of time for property to recovery. People and banks have short memories - Singapore has had huge falls when its bubble popped and now its back with a vengence. As long as Dubai is surrounded by countries that are an absolute mess (and there are plenty) it should in my humble opinion do well - it doesn't need to be perfect just better than all of the other more disorganised, chaotic, dangergous countries its close to.
JoeTGF
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Buying Apartment Experiences Feb 13, 2011
As a side track, I've found it difficult to get finance here. The banks here ask for a processing fee up front, and if for any reason the deal isn't finalised (like as in my case the land title is delayed) then you lose the processing fee.
blueshift
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Buying Apartment Experiences May 10, 2011
Yeap, bought and loss like most. Lesson learnt - buying is just as good as dead money (renting) here.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Buying Apartment Experiences May 12, 2011
XRW-147 wrote:Yeap, bought and loss like most. Lesson learnt - buying is just as good as dead money (renting) here.

Never mind X. It could be worse right?
benwj

Re: Buying Apartment Experiences May 15, 2011
benwj wrote:Never mind X. It could be worse right?

That's right mate, money can always be made. Health and family are more important.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Buying Apartment Experiences May 16, 2011
XRW-147 wrote:
benwj wrote:Never mind X. It could be worse right?

That's right mate, money can always be made. Health and family are more important.

Yep.
benwj

posting in Accommodation in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Accommodation in Dubai