Huffy Puffy Angry Rant Thread

Topic locked
Huffy Puffy Angry Rant Thread Nov 09, 2010
Simple topics such as the "Arranged marriage" thread look as though the subject can be lost by fuses being blown along the way.

Is this a thread to let of steam before entering a topic, and keeping on topic whilst on other threads?

My rant for today is.....................

After complimenting Bora on a well written post, I get retort as to my sincerity.

Off bloody course I was sincere or I would not bloody well have written it!

Now back to a thread on topic for me!

drewpeacock
Dubai chat master

Re: Huffy Puffy Angry Rant Thread Nov 09, 2010
Drew, it was not a retort!!! I said thank you and that I was taking it as a compliment and hoped you were being sincere. If I showed caution or was hesitant, it may be because history dictates. The fact that your friend is quick to turn on people, and thinks he is very good at confusing people, I have to wonder if you were doing the same. Sorry to lump you in with him, because you have shown yourself to be by far a better person that he has. Truce??

As to why I blew my fuse, well I can point you in the direction - Drew and his comment about me being self-deprecating and telling me to take a pill. How was that relevant to the thread - and how was it not insulting?? Then he goes on to basically call me a pig?? Oh, I'm sure he's not too far behind and will explain how wrong I am on all counts.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bora Bora wrote:
As to why I blew my fuse, well I can point you in the direction - Drew and his comment about me being self-deprecating and telling me to take a pill. How was that relevant to the thread - and how was it not insulting?? Then he goes on to basically call me a pig?? Oh, I'm sure he's not too far behind and will explain how wrong I am on all counts.

Dillon!
Bora dear, I corrected it before he come up with smartie comments abt Bora started attacking Drew with no reason!
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Bora Bora wrote:Drew, it was not a retort!!! I said thank you and that I was taking it as a compliment and hoped you were being sincere. If I showed caution or was hesitant, it may be because history dictates. The fact that your friend is quick to turn on people, and thinks he is very good at confusing people, I have to wonder if you were doing the same. Sorry to lump you in with him, because you have shown yourself to be by far a better person that he has. Truce??

Firstly, my comment of “No need to be so self deprecating Bora! Keep taking the pills and I’m sure things will get better here for you on DF in the fullness of time. :lol:

Was a tongue in cheek, funny comment, it isn’t my fault you don’t have a sense of humour!

Secondly, my comment of ‘You can’t educate pork’ is a well known saying, meaning you can’t teach anyone or thing how to do something if it either doesn’t want to, or isn’t capable of doing, referencing the characteristics of a stubborn and ignorant Pig.

In this particular scenario, you suggested that I adjust my humour ‘up a few levels so that other people can get it?’ to which my response meant I cannot teach people a sense of Humour, you either have it or you don’t. The object here is ‘other people’ and the subject matter, Humour. I did not call nor infer you were a pig, as you may recall, it was what you in fact called me.

Had I said, You can lead a Horse to water, but you can’t make it drink, would you have thought I was calling you a Horse or a bucket of water? :roll:

If there’s something you don’t understand or are simply confused, about a statement then wouldn’t it be sensible to make further enquiries regarding the said confusion and clarify the exact meaning before you make another fool of yourself and launch directly into your usual tirade of insults and abuse, shoot first and ask questions after eeh? :lol:
Dillon
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

There you go again. Is that you calling me a "fool" during your tirade? Dillon you can make a point and once you throw in your little insult, as in this case calling me a fool, what you say looses all meaning and shows your insincerity.

Dillon, you like to play mind games and word games. Neither of which I am interested in. I may add, in the nicest way possible, you are also a hypocrite. If BS could be used as fertilizer, you could cover Dubai with yours. Please save the words, the insults and the insincere tirades as they are useless. It doesn't change the way the dog wags its tale. Oh, before you pounce and say I'm calling you a dog, it's an Arabic saying, which translates into: a leopard doesn't change its spots. Don't go trying to figure out if I'm calling you a tail, or a dog, or a leopard, or a spot, because I'm not calling you anything!!! You are who you are and there is no changing that. I would suggest that you stay away from me and I stay away from you and we will get along just fine. :D

As for humor, well there is that saying about alot of truth said in jest. One can basically get an insult across in a humorous way. You disguise your insult through what you believe to be humor or hope it passes as humor. That's why I don't "get" your humor, just the insult. You bring to mind another saying which is: “You may fool all the people some of the time, you can even fool some of the people all of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all the time.”

Now, your dismissed. Move along.........................
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Aah, so you did it anyway!

:lol:

You know, made another fool of yourself! :)
Dillon

Lost for words Dillon?? There is only one fool here, and it's you.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Yes Dear

:lol:
Dillon

Slag, slag, slag and not one rant in sight out of several posts.

Comn folks this is not the "be nice to each other" thread.
drewpeacock
Dubai chat master

NOOOOO!!! Don't you mean: blah, blah, blah. or possibly: shag, shag, shag. :lol: :lol:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bora, sorry but thats not a rant.
drewpeacock
Dubai chat master

Re: Huffy Puffy Angry Rant Thread Nov 10, 2010
Bora, I'm confused! Can I just throw a question into the mix? You refer to Dillon as Drew's friend. Can you elaborate on this?

Drew, I haven't managed a rant, sorry, I will have a few Chardonnays tomorrow as I watch City slaughter United (Inshallah) and hopefully this will get me going. I'll try my best to wind someone up with tales from JBR.
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

But BM! A few wines often lead to tears and the rant fizzles into a nothing.

We look forward to thje rant, hopefully based on the events of today in this forum.
drewpeacock
Dubai chat master

Yeah here's a rant! I'm sick to death of the same 2,3 or 4 posters trashing every single thread. Go and make your own section and rant in there, it's becoming tedious!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Huffy Puffy Angry Rant Thread Nov 03, 2016
Its taken several days and heres the first one.

I was going to rename the "friendly thread" but then again its early days.

I know exactly who you mean, and yes its getting tedious choco.

I would like to see an example of a trashed post please?
drewpeacock
Dubai chat master

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat