Tony Blair's Sister-in-Law Converts To Islam!!!

Topic locked
Tony Blair's Sister-in-Law Converts to Islam!!! Oct 25, 2010
It's funny, but I have noticed that the more Islam gets attacked in the West, the more Western converts it gets. How do you explain that???!!!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... uslim.html

8) 8)

Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Tony Blair's Sister-in-Law Converts To Islam!!! Oct 25, 2010
It could be that the loons only preach to the converted, as it were.

One side-effect of 9/11 was an increased interest in Islam - sales of books on Islam went up markedly and I witnessed a very noticeable increase in interest in Islam from the general public. The numbers of non-Muslims coming to mosques, asking questions and indeed the numbers of converts all were very noticeable after 9/11.

Of course, I am biased and will say that the converts are those who have looked at the teachings of Islam, compared it with the loon spin and they've concluded that the majority who view loon interpretations of Islam as false are indeed correct.

Indeed, at the time I posted this article from the Times about other prominent Brits who had converted to Islam - explaining why they had done so etc:
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/u ... 026534.ece

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Tony Blair's Sister-in-Law Converts to Islam!!! Oct 25, 2010
I sat down and felt this shot of spiritual morphine

Perhaps that why, if the assumption of the OP is true.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Tony Blair's Sister-in-Law Converts To Islam!!! Oct 25, 2010
They do teach you about analogies in Holland don't they FD? ;)

Now what was it that Marx said about religion... RC?

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

people who convert to islam are the ones who really understand what islam is all about and actually go into research about the quran and what it means, compared to other muslims!
MotionComputing
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

According to the TB's sister in law, she has never read the Koran.

But she does have a weird anti-Israel obsession similar to the loons on this forum plus the 'shot of spiritual adrenaline' FD mentioned above.

So, knowledge zip

Weird kooky beliefs (or personal crisis), check.

When you add them together, you often get a convert to Islam.
event horizon
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

event horizon wrote:According to the TB's sister in law, she has never read the Koran.

But she does have a weird anti-Israel obsession similar to the loons on this forum plus the 'shot of spiritual adrenaline' FD mentioned above.

So, knowledge zip

Weird kooky beliefs (or personal crisis), check.

When you add them together, you often get a convert to Islam.

Miss Booth, also a journalist and human rights campaigner, has stopped eating pork, reads the Koran every day

The spin is never far from the loon and its spritual morphine not adrenaline. A.D.D prescription refill time maybe ?
desertdudeshj

Re: Tony Blair's Sister-in-Law Converts to Islam!!! Oct 26, 2010
Yes, and she's on page sixty right now.

I believe she didn't start reading until after her conversion to Islam.

The spin is never far from the loon and its spritual morphine not adrenaline.

LoL!

That's even worse. That says more about her conversion to Islam than anything else.

Do you think Marx referred to religion as being the opiate of the masses because he was paying religious beliefs a compliment?

Wow. It's amazing that the loons are highlighting this ditzy lady's conversion as some major news story.

Actually, not really surprising. I remember when Michael Jackson apparently converted to Islam and Muslims were posting messages about how excited they were over his conversion.

Really, you keep her and we'll throw in George Galloway.
event horizon

event horizon wrote:Yes, and she's on page sixty right now.

I believe she didn't start reading until after her conversion to Islam.

The spin is never far from the loon and its spritual morphine not adrenaline.

LoL!

That's even worse. That says more about her conversion to Islam than anything else.

Do you think Marx referred to religion as being the opiate of the masses because he was paying religious beliefs a compliment?

Wow. It's amazing that the loons are highlighting this ditzy lady's conversion as some major news story.

Actually, not really surprising. I remember when Michael Jackson apparently converted to Islam and Muslims were posting messages about how excited they were over his conversion.

Really, you keep her and we'll throw in George Galloway.

By opium of the people, Karl Marx was referring mainly to Christianity and Judaism. Islam, at that time, was barely known outside the Moslem World. But I am also sure that he meant all organized religion!!

So I gather from you, when using this famous quote, that you must be also including Jews and Christians!

Then, according to you, all Moslems, Christians and Jews are loonies!!

And all of us, including you, who are interested in articles about Islam are also loonies.

And anyone who converts to Islam is a psychotic loony!!

It looks like not too many people, left in this world, who are not loonies!

A world of loonies!!!!! Moi, included!!!!!!!!

Yahoooooooooooooooooooooo!! Here I come Galloway!!!!

:shock: :shock:
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Tom Jones wrote: (Addressing eh)
Then, according to you, all Moslems, Christians and Jews are loonies!!

And all of us, including you, who are interested in articles about Islam are also loonies.

:shock: :shock:

TJ - surely you're not looking for logic from the young poster!

He thinks that science can support the Biblical account of the sun stopping in the sky (i.e. the earth stopping rotating) and is still doing research on whether donkeys can talk and whether he'll reveal whether he believes in Rapture (where he'll disappear in a puff of smoke). ;)

But his kooky logic pales into insignificance when compared to his extremist views:

Recall, he believes it is ok to slaughter babies if God commands Jewish armies to do it, he argues that the Lord's Resistance Army who carry out these types of slaughters today must be considered Christian and not converts to a cult, refuses to condemn Baruch Goldstein as a religious terrorist probably because he was white, American and Jewish. :shock: :shock:

Loon indeed.

But, you're right to ask him about whether he considers all Christians and Jews to be loons.. I suspect you'll just get insults or attempts at changing the subject in response. :)

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

By opium of the people, Karl Marx was referring mainly to Christianity and Judaism. Islam, at that time, was barely known outside the Moslem World. But I am also sure that he meant all organized religion!!

No, not exactly, Tom. Marx and Engels were both familiar with Eastern religions and world history - there's a book out there on Marx's views on Hinduism.

Opium of the masses refers to all religions, Marx believed that all religions were inherently reactionary - just as nationalism was. For one, they created a false consciousness amongst the workers into believing that they had more in common with their bosses (if they shared the same religion) than with their fellow factory workers if their fellow workers were of another religion.

This prevented working class revolt since the proletariat would side against their own self-interests.

So I gather from you, when using this famous quote, that you must be also including Jews and Christians!

I think you're over reading my comment, but I simply find Boothe's choice in words rather interesting.

I think perhaps most people who convert to Islam are a bit weird. I haven't met, in person or online, a single Muslim, convert or otherwise, that I thought was a rational, reasonable person.
event horizon

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk