I Need A New Phone...

Topic locked
Re: I Need A New Phone... Sep 17, 2010
My ipod doesnt get a signal BM, It s an old one! :lol:

U ve been told many times by MODs and other members to stop ur attitude, but well u cant! u have nothing more to contribute!

oh gaaawwwwddd! Learning from youuuu????? no no no no no no no! I have many more friends to learn from, I dont wanna be a frustrated female full of complexes when I got 107! :lol:

and I didnt complain or moan abt atatcks (unlike you!), as I said u are a bunch of laugh to us, but it seems ur continous stupidity bothers others! and ur friend attitude as "we can stay off topic, but u cant" is not standable, I noticed now u commented abt Chiefster in "Is This Really Necessary..." thread! totally off topic! you are doing this with all members and sooner or later will see the result!

melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Re: I need a new phone... Sep 17, 2010
Grow up! You silly little girl! Act like the mature moderator you claim to be, accept the responsibility for the decisions and the statements you are making here on the Forum and stop allocating the blame for all this acrimony onto others, no-one is dragging or forcing you to do anything you choose not to do.
Dillon
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

:lol: :lol: Rabbit and his theories!

Why should I grow up?!! u two are attacking me! :lol:

p.s. still wanna be friends? (with equal rights of course!)
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Bethsmum wrote:There we go again with our English bobos. Sagey are you American? The word is you're (you are) not your.

Oh, BM..........let me point out that those you've corrected with regard to the use of 'your vs. you're' is not American!!! :shock:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bora Bora wrote:
Bethsmum wrote:There we go again with our English bobos. Sagey are you American? The word is you're (you are) not your.

Oh, BM..........let me point out that those you've corrected with regard to the use of 'your vs. you're' is not American!!! :shock:

Oh no! I see a correction on the way :roll: "are" vs "is" 8)

I am starting to think that this "correcting" nonsense has to do with some sort of "complex". I am willing to bet the farm that many of these English language "experts" do not have higher education degrees (University and beyond).

*on way to Dragon Mart and Karama to look for phone strap prospects to make a fortune*
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

Ambassador wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:

Oh, BM..........let me point out that those you've corrected with regard to the use of 'your vs. you're' are not American!!! :shock:

I am starting to think that this "correcting" nonsense has to do with some sort of "complex". I am willing to bet the farm that many of these English language "experts" do not have higher education degrees (University and beyond). I don't know but...

Congrats on the catch and welcome to the club.

Oh, I'm going to have to keep an eye on you. Do I dare go back and do a "review"???
Ambassador wrote:Cangrats.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

There you go Ambassador, the 10 Latest phones reviewed in this regular web series, Click's Dan Simmons reviews some of the latest mobiles phones on the market. But not every handset will make the grade, only those which stand out as interesting or innovative as Dan explains.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/click_online/8426235.stm
Dillon
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Ambassador wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:

I am starting to think that this "correcting" nonsense has to do with some sort of "complex". I am willing to bet the farm that many of these English language "experts" do not have higher education degrees (University and beyond).

*on way to Dragon Mart and Karama to look for phone strap prospects to make a fortune*

Are you implying you need a degree to know the difference between you're and your?
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

@BM. No.
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

Re: I Need A New Phone... Sep 17, 2010
melika969 wrote:My ipod doesnt get a signal BM, It s an old one! :lol:

U ve been told many times by MODs and other members to stop ur attitude, but well u cant! u have nothing more to contribute!

oh gaaawwwwddd! Learning from youuuu????? no no no no no no no! I have many more friends to learn from, I dont wanna be a frustrated female full of complexes when I got 107! :lol:

and I didnt complain or moan abt atatcks (unlike you!), as I said u are a bunch of laugh to us, but it seems ur continous stupidity bothers others! and ur friend attitude as "we can stay off topic, but u cant" is not standable, I noticed now u commented abt Chiefster in "Is This Really Necessary..." thread! totally off topic! you are doing this with all members and sooner or later will see the result!

Do calm down Mel, you are likely to give your self a coronary at this rate. The more agitated you become the less coherant your posts are. What do you mean by 'when i got 107' 107 what?
Bethsmum

@BB. I think you misread my post.
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

Ambassador wrote:@BM. No.

I'm very pleased to hear that as this is basic English grammar, an easy mistake to make for someone who does not have English as their first language, but taught at junior school level in the UK.
Bethsmum

Do calm down Mel, you are likely to give your self a coronary at this rate. The more agitated you become the less coherant your posts are. What do you mean by 'when i got 107' 107 what?

:lol: :lol: now what s with this new tendency to make me look angry?!! :lol:

It was 107 years old! U already forgot it?! :roll:
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Mel, another word of advice, you will never get a signal on an ipod as it is an MP3 player, so don't waste you're money buying a new one. I can, however, recommend the iphone. There we are, back on topic! I have one and highly recommend it. I just thought I would point that out as you are obviously missing the point. If you need any further information just ask, always happy to help.
Bethsmum

Bethsmum wrote:Mel, another word of advice, you will never get a signal on an ipod as it is an MP3 player, so don't waste you're money buying a new one. I can, however, recommend the iphone. There we are, back on topic! I have one and highly recommend it. I just thought I would point that out as you are obviously missing the point. If you need any further information just ask, always happy to help.

So getting online by ipod doesnt count as signal? :mrgreen:
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Bethsmum wrote:

I'm very pleased to hear that as this is basic English grammar, an easy mistake to make for someone who does not have English as their first language, but taught at junior school level in the UK.

Really? Not news I suppose (regarding 4th grade grammar anyway). About you being a teacher: If you say so...
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

Re: I need a new phone... Sep 18, 2010
Ambassador wrote:*on way to Dragon Mart and Karama to look for phone strap prospects to make a fortune*

Make a fortune? Naa unless you hail from Monaco or St. Tropez, I'd reckon the phone strap market is pretty saturated. They've done it all from Hip-Hop style bling bling straps to mickey mouse motif straps all been done.
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Ambassador wrote:
Bethsmum wrote:

Really? Not news I suppose (regarding 4th grade grammar anyway). About you being a teacher: If you say so...

You've got me mixed up with Spellchecker girl :D
Bethsmum

http://www.emirates247.com/business/tec ... 2-1.289763

just shows how "good" the iphone is :S :D lol so anyone still got this expensive "brick"!!

Sage i would suggest that if you buy ericsson or nokia dont buy it from UAE because most of the products are from India or China/Taiwan. Best to buy phones from Europe/USA because those mobiles last for a long time.

By the way service of nokia/ericsson is CRAP in UAE!!!
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

I have an iphone and it is the best phone I have ever owned. I never have any problems with it. It is far superior to my daughter's Blackberry
Bethsmum

Bethsmum wrote:I have an iphone and it is the best phone I have ever owned. I never have any problems with it. It is far superior to my daughter's Blackberry

heheh give it some time luv ;)
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

melika969 wrote:
Bethsmum wrote:Mel, another word of advice, you will never get a signal on an ipod as it is an MP3 player, so don't waste you're money buying a new one. I can, however, recommend the iphone. There we are, back on topic! I have one and highly recommend it. I just thought I would point that out as you are obviously missing the point. If you need any further information just ask, always happy to help.

So getting online by ipod doesnt count as signal? :mrgreen:

Mel, as you say, stick to the topic, this is about phones not going online with your ipod.

-- Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:10 am --

rudeboy wrote:
Bethsmum wrote:I have an iphone and it is the best phone I have ever owned. I never have any problems with it. It is far superior to my daughter's Blackberry

heheh give it some time luv ;)

It's my second one, no problems at all, er luv :bounce:
Bethsmum

Misery Called Life wrote:
Ambassador wrote:*on way to Dragon Mart and Karama to look for phone strap prospects to make a fortune*

Make a fortune? Naa unless you hail from Monaco or St. Tropez, I'd reckon the phone strap market is pretty saturated. They've done it all from Hip-Hop style bling bling straps to mickey mouse motif straps all been done.

All that is needed is to convince half the population of China and India - just half - that the strap is an essential item. That is at least 1 billion people. So at 1 dirham per strap = 1 billion dirhams.

Just need to come up with uses for the strap :idea:

1. To hold the phone
2. To tie things on a bicycle
3. To hand clothes to dry...
etc. etc.

I'm sure the other "forumers" (word?) have other suggested uses - please. I'll cut each into the profits :wink:
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

rudeboy wrote:http://www.emirates247.com/business/technology/free-iphone-4-case-offer-expires-on-sept-30-2010-09-12-1.289763

just shows how "good" the iphone is :S :D lol so anyone still got this expensive "brick"!!

Sage i would suggest that if you buy ericsson or nokia dont buy it from UAE because most of the products are from India or China/Taiwan. Best to buy phones from Europe/USA because those mobiles last for a long time.

I reckon that must be most of the problem.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Ambassador wrote:
Misery Called Life wrote:

All that is needed is to convince half the population of China and India - just half - that the strap is an essential item. That is at least 1 billion people. So at 1 dirham per strap = 1 billion dirhams.

Just need to come up with uses for the strap :idea:

1. To hold the phone
2. To tie things on a bicycle
3. To hand clothes to dry...
etc. etc.

I'm sure the other "forumers" (word?) have other suggested uses - please. I'll cut each into the profits :wink:

But lemme assure you more than half of the respective populations not only own the strap, but have also outlived it's uselessness. The other half would'nt be caught dead with the leash round their necks. Your only hope would be to redesign the strap. Get Louis Vuitton involved. Showcase the "strap" at fashion weeks around the world. Make it seem like the must have of the season.
As I said the market for something like this is saturated. The generic concept is so downmarket you'd be lucky if you sell a set of 3 straps for 5 fils. So as opposed to Dragon Mart you need to be focusing your efforts on the niche market located inside the new fashion dome at MOE.

PS I did catch the sarcasm. But it's just that I love talking business.

-- Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:25 pm --

rudeboy wrote:http://www.emirates247.com/business/technology/free-iphone-4-case-offer-expires-on-sept-30-2010-09-12-1.289763

I disagree. Ericsson and Nokia products sold in the UAE are definitely not assembled in India. But then again, it's cheaper an if the market regulator is lax then I don't see why not. So I guess Indian retailers might stock Indian made handsets. But I doubt outlets like Carrefour sell Indian made handsets.
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: I need a new phone... Sep 19, 2010
mcl read what i said "India or China/Taiwan"!!!

http://kraran.com/how-do-i-know-if-my-n ... -original/

it says nokia assembled in UAE there :S i think thats wrong they probably meant India!! Because I dont think there is a assembly plant here for nokia!!!

Carrefour sells chinese/taiwaneese products!

my mum has a nokia made in finland and that thing has lasted for 5 years! I recently bought a nokia cell from Phono and it has a software problem, have given it for service and they still cant figure whats wrong with it :S lol now they plan on sending the phone to Finland for further investigation :S lol its a joke honestly!!

I mean why sell nokia in UAE if the bloody engineers in UAE cant even fix it and they have to send w it to "Finland"!!!

I made a mistake of buying a phone from UAE and I wont again. ill probably buy it from Europe or elsewhere!!

MCL I know couple of retailers in UAE who actually buy from Indian retailers/wholesalers in India!!
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

How do you tell if a phone is made in India?

It doesn't vibrate...it wobbles!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Dubai Knight wrote:How do you tell if a phone is made in India?

Knight

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: I need a new phone... Sep 20, 2010
sage & onion wrote:
Dubai Knight wrote:How do you tell if a phone is made in India?

Knight

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And here I was wondering why no Smartphones are made in the UK... :P
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

Re: I need a new phone... Sep 20, 2010
hehehe :lol: nice one!

i wonder if that brought a smile to mcls face!! 8)

I wonder when the next mobiles will be coming out with the "smell" experience ;)

lol its possible!!! http://www.sciforums.com/showthread.php?p=2587975

i guess they are going to start sending different smells of curries from india soon!!
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat