Wage

Topic locked
Feb 27, 2006
I'll be there, even have my walking stick for you if u need ;) - jokes.

XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 27, 2006
Actually I might have to get you to help me to a chair and cut up my food for me.....do they have soup? I am not good with solids!! :lol: :lol: :lol: And the really sad thing is I am NOT joking!! :P
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 27, 2006
G, maybe they can blend it up and u can have it through a straw... remember when I tried that after having my wisdom teeth taken out... chicken still tastes the same whether u chew or slurp!
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 27, 2006
Sweethoneybums,

You said ....not looking at saving anything....just living expenses etc and then you said scuba diving...if the next thing is going to be jet ski, parasailing, wadi bashing...every week...then watch the 7K disappear before the end of the month...

Asking for a deserved salary is not greed, just being fair to yourself and others who are similary qualified....and not all of us are single without a care.
audreygaur
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Feb 28, 2006
ok ok sorry guys...my Fault

I am a Business Analyst byTrade in London.

I have 4 years experience, am qualified to Masters level (Enterprise systems)

this offer of 13k is after providing housing in Sharjah+health insurance....... i appreciate Food And Fuel are not the same as London so....just wondering if 13k monthly was any good......

Cheers guys
rvp_legend
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 28, 2006
And still you're lacking info there...

So no vehicle/transport allowance?

If you're an analyst and a masters grad ur offer is...how should I put this?

Crap.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 28, 2006
Living in Sharjah means cheaper accomodation and if you are working in Dubai, what about transport?? Also travel time EVERYDAY from Sharjah, in itself, will take its toll.
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 04, 2006
Hmmm Mr XRW - your blunt wording has had a very positive affect....

I told my potential Arab Employer that i cannot accept this offer.... and therefore have to reject this..... funnily enough... he doubled it.

And also offered an AUDI A8 as a company Car.. How furtunes change eh?

So.... now the package equals to 26k, Insurance Covered, Car, and Accom in Sharjah....

where does that leave me?

XRW-147 wrote:And still you're lacking info there...

So no vehicle/transport allowance?

If you're an analyst and a masters grad ur offer is...how should I put this?

Crap.
rvp_legend
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 04, 2006
that, my friend is a VERY good package.
terranova
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 04, 2006
JUST an A8??

:o

You'll enjoy Dubai, no doubt. Welcome to the desert paradise.
Guilo2
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Mar 04, 2006
Hmmmmm..looking good!! :D
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 04, 2006
Hahaha... blunt is best! Keep playing hardball, I smell a Porsche coming your way - the new Carrera turbo is out and damn, what a rocket!
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 04, 2006
Haha - cheers dude.

I want to try to keep it humble....Besides... i quite like the A8...

If iwas to be picky....I would have to ask for a Mclaren Merc SLR... :-)

Dubai Here i come!

XRW-147 wrote:Hahaha... blunt is best! Keep playing hardball, I smell a Porsche coming your way - the new Carrera turbo is out and damn, what a rocket!
rvp_legend
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 04, 2006
Hey GAB....

Sharjah will be about 1.5 hours during rush hour?

Takes me the same to get home from work in London!

so i guess its not all bad.... just looking forward to getting away from the Rain to be honest.....

Also....are there any good universities, where i can potentially do a PHD or Research Masters?

My contract is for potentially 5 years - so i will be there for a bit!

GAB wrote:Hmmmmm..looking good!! :D
rvp_legend
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 04, 2006
;-) Thanks Guilo - looking forward to it...
Now have to break the news to my Girlfriend - who threw a party when i rejected the initial offer... DOH!

Guilo2 wrote:JUST an A8??

:o

You'll enjoy Dubai, no doubt. Welcome to the desert paradise.
rvp_legend
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 04, 2006
I have a friend who does a school run into Dubai, so morning traffic and mid afternoon traffic-she says it is about 45 minutes? I am not overly sure as I have only been to Sharjah once and coming home in evening traffic took ages and that is reverse to what you'll be doing. Sometimes with traffic here you can actually "beat" it if you leave 10 minutes earlier!
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 04, 2006
Funnily enough,

Whist on balcony watch most evenings last week, i did notice the queues on the SZR was far less than normal.
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Mar 05, 2006
Where is a good place to buy IT hardware in Dubai?

I need to setup my System for Video conf, etc ..... gonna miss the family
:-)
rvp_legend
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 05, 2006
arniegang wrote:Funnily enough,

Whist on balcony watch most evenings last week, i did notice the queues on the SZR was far less than normal.

Arnie, ever since they opened up the lanes under that new overpass before MOE there's no congestion outside the Marina. 1 hour home trip back to 20 minutes - love it!
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 05, 2006
All the big malls/shopping centres have electrical stores so it won't be a hassle finding anything you need here. Basically you can get everything you can possibly imagine here and probably more cheaply than you would at home. :D
The only complaint I've heard is in the hardware department-window locks and screen door bolts are either hard to find or people could not get them-this is a concern for people with kids (having balconies (& living in apartments) and then pools because they are not fenced).
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 05, 2006
XRW-147 wrote:
arniegang wrote:Funnily enough,

Arnie, ever since they opened up the lanes under that new overpass before MOE there's no congestion outside the Marina. 1 hour home trip back to 20 minutes - love it!

Nice one, i did wonder why there were no more queues
arniegang

Mar 05, 2006
Plus they opened up another exit that can get you to the Marina just infront of Emirates golf course for the desert classic and they must have realized the it helped decongest the traffic so they left the exit open.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 05, 2006
XRW

can you see over the road to tthe rear of yer building? Have you/did you notice that huge flood along the slip road?

This was nothing to do with the rain, it appeared last tuesday, and they have built some "dams"

and have you found the new mini mart shop yet lol??
arniegang

Mar 05, 2006
Arnie, I'll take a gander when I'm home matey.

And yes, I think i saw that shop. Its on the opposite corner and you gotta cross the road to get to it yeah?
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 05, 2006
Yer you have to cross the road at the end, but be carefel mate, it was easy in my Jeep, yers is a bit lower than mine.
arniegang

Mar 05, 2006
Yeah, I have trouble doing a u-turn on that sand trap at the bottom there. Probably easier to walk since its just a km down the road :P
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 05, 2006
I think we can only cross there at the mo because obviously the new bridge isnt finished. I wonder if we will be able to cross when its all finished. That Bridge seems to be taking forever dont you think ?
arniegang

Mar 05, 2006
I reckon it might be like the other bridges where we have to go all the way to the other end to u-turn at the signal. Yah, theres buildings that have come up faster than that bridge.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 07, 2006
hi peeps, i have posted my own thread but seeing as this is a wage thread il try get some more opinions.
been offered a job at the hyatt regency.assistant manager of a gym.
AED3500month+commision
i have accomadation,3meals a day and travel to and from work paid for.also medical.its 48hr week.
im currently in london.at the end of the month my dubai wage will end up around the same as my london wage after expenses.
so basically money wise..im not gaining or losing anythng.
its for assiatnt manager so for me this is a good career opportunity.im 24 years old so id like to go out occasionally,clubbing or to bars.but im not a big spender and dont have expensive tastes.
any thoughts would be helpful.

SydGuy
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Hotel reception salary 1500 dirham???? Mar 08, 2006
Hi i have a question concerning the salary of receptionist.
I would really like to move to Dubai, because i don’t like the Netherlands live here already 18 years and go back to Bosnia is not an option.
So i want to carry on my carrier as a hotel receptionist in Dubai and see on a lot of employment centers and also on the hotel sites directly that they are offering jobs for 1500 dirham monthly plus accommodation, insurance, free meals and transportation from and to work.
I thought it was ok since i heard from people here that lifestyle is not so expensive there because in Holland it is expensive for people with this kind of jobs.
But then i found this forum and see that people here are not even happy with 3500 DH :shock:
My question is if somebody is not happy with 3500 why should i take a job that really only pays 1500 is it really not realistic to live ok with 1500 in Dubai????????????
Esma
Dubai Expat Wannabe

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum