Going Out In Mumbai

Topic locked
Going out in Mumbai Feb 23, 2006
Alright so if this forum follows the demographics of Dubai probably 8 out of 10 people on this forum are Indian :P

so i was wondering what are the best clubs/bars in Mumbai ? I am out here on a buisness trip and wnat to check out the happening places and stay clear of the shady places :D

suggestions anyone ?

MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 23, 2006
havent been there for a long time...but heard the "V" lounge is really nice...there was a place called "fire and ice"..also 1900s used to be really good when i was there...which was a good 8 years ago...but mate...mumbai has changed so much...and there are so many clubs now a days...i am sure you wont have a tough time finding a good club...ask the bellhop or the concierge...hope that helps
constantine
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Feb 26, 2006
i ended up going to enigma at JW marriott and then to Velvet lounge (which i guess is the V lounge) ... it was lots of fun !!!!

looking forward to Goa next month :)
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 26, 2006
Righto Maad,

Enigma is good, so is velvet, Fire and ice is in Lower parel , if lucky you will get to rub shoulders with a few bollywood stars. It was quite a hit sometime back, dunno whats the situation now. 1900's is loosing its charm .

Dunno if rasberry rhinocerous is still open nowadays, but that place is for teenagers.Merlins Bar at the orchids is pretty ok.If you are lookin for a drink sans dance then try toto's at bandra, this one has a garage theme to it. Zwigs is another place to be.

If you wanna shake a leg try the disco at hotel Bawa International near the domestic airport, but its too crowded at times.You can also try j49 .

I guess these would be enuff for you for the timebeing :D

Cheers,

Jerry
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 26, 2006
Hmm maad,

you reminding me of my fun days:). when in goa try and stay at fort aguada beach resort. amazing place. The beaches to see are calangute, Baga and anjuna. The flea market at anjuna, u will still get to see a bit of hippie culture alive out there.

Go to Vasco to see the old fort, panjim city is not much to see, u will get to see a lot of cruises like we have here on the creek which take you through the river to enjoy the scenes of Panjim.

Sea food is very cheap. In short enjoy the sun, laze on the beach have good food and get pampered.

If you cant make it at fort agauda , cidade de goa, ramada, leela kempenski are a few good options.

cheers mate, hope you enjoy your trip, would like to see your pics in goa once u get back :lol:

cheers,

Jerry
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 26, 2006
thanks for the tips Jeevan, actually i am going on a buisness trip so i am not sure how much time i will have for pampering (although i might consider extending my stay for leisure) ...

I will deffo try to stay in the hotels u recommeded .. but i am not sure how far they will be from where i have my meetings. I think its at some hi-tech university in goa. i have been told the north is where all the stuff is happening and the south is boring.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 26, 2006
i hope you find some time for leisure, coz goas the place to be man.:). all the best:)

cheers,

jerry
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 26, 2006
goa used to be the annual ritual when i was working in channel v mumbai...yeah agree with jerry...man reminds me of good ol days...ah alas time to move on and cross over to the other side of 30....hmmm...cant complain...things here are pretty good right now...who knows about tomorrow?
constantine

Feb 26, 2006
Where are u from constantine...when were u working with V in mumbai....i have a few friends there....
cadmus
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 27, 2006
saturday nights at the marriot are pretty wild.... thats if you've got what it takes to get in fruity!
richmc
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Feb 27, 2006
cadmus wrote:Where are u from constantine...when were u working with V in mumbai....i have a few friends there....

cadmus
was from mumbai...but born in calcutta...worked in v a good 7 years ago...have pm ed you with other details...
cheers
constantine

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat