WTF ! This Is Too Close To Home Literally

Topic locked
WTF ! this is too close to home literally Apr 27, 2010
http://www.thenational.ae/apps/pbcs.dll ... 69808/1010

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I live a stone throw from this, and always thought these weird bengali dudes roaming around discovery gardens at all hours of the day from the labour camps across the sand patch were weird. First I thought the poor fellows were just looking for extra money cleaning cars. But more and more see them dished out in their bling walking around or on there cycles.

Recently there was also an article as there were a few gangs which were doing some robberies and some kind of booze supply operation ?

Just yesterday someone nicked 10 bucls I left under the mat for the water bottle guys on my doorstep !

desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: WTF ! This Is Too Close To Home Literally Apr 28, 2010
Discovery gardens and International city are well rough these days!

full of gangs / drugs / prossies...
gezza
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: WTF ! this is too close to home literally Apr 28, 2010
Thats so annouying, poor little girl :(
What time did this happen? Her parents shouldn't let her go alone.

I think there should be a night-shift patrols around Discovery Gardens, Gardens, Int'l City, and also the other locals neighbourhoods.
symmetric
BANNED

IC and DG are the two worst of Nakheel projects. Ill-conceived, ill-planned and badly constructed. No proper in-and-out access roads, no landscaping, no proper amenities, no covered parking, poor security (if any) and too damn many budget units concentrated in one location.

Built to fail from the start, and will surely turn into slums with the passing of time.

DD, you’d better sell (if you own) and get out of there before it’s too late!!!

8) 8)
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Tom Jones wrote:IC and DG are the two worst of Nakheel projects. Ill-conceived, ill-planned and badly constructed. No proper in-and-out access roads, no landscaping, no proper amenities, no covered parking, poor security (if any) and too damn many budget units concentrated in one location.

Built to fail from the start, and will surely turn into slums with the passing of time.

DD, you’d better sell (if you own) and get out of there before it’s too late!!!

8) 8)

AGREED !! :mrgreen:
Thats the result of being greedy!
They wanted to complete their projects so fast, yet neglected all sense of quality! Greedy & dumb! :twisted:
symmetric
BANNED

Me own LOL ! very funny I can hardly afford to rent ! Although I do disagree the landsacping although still incomplete isn't that bad. But yeah slowly it is becoming into another Karama !!!

Security anywhere in the UAE I couldn't be arsed about. So many occasions I've left my car unlocked, windows open once I even left a big bag of stuff right in the middle of the souk as I caught a cab and left my bag on the kerb !!! next morning I realised what I had done. I rushed back to see the bag still there on the kerb in the mddle of all the hustle and bustle !

Anyways need to adpot to the changing times and surroundings.
desertdudeshj

desertdudeshj wrote:Me own LOL ! very funny I can hardly afford to rent ! Although I do disagree the landsacping although still incomplete isn't that bad. But yeah slowly it is becoming into another Karama !!!

Security anywhere in the UAE I couldn't be arsed about. So many occasions I've left my car unlocked, windows open once I even left a big bag of stuff right in the middle of the souk as I caught a cab and left my bag on the kerb !!! next morning I realised what I had done. I rushed back to see the bag still there on the kerb in the mddle of all the hustle and bustle !

Anyways need to adpot to the changing times and surroundings.

I think they are the good old days you are referring to DD, I remember when I first came to Dubai, used to drive Land Rover Pick-up, go out shopping and leave all the stuff in the back, never missed a thing, don't think it will be so safe today.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

:(
desertdudeshj

I still believe it is mostly safe. I leave loads of stuff in open view in my car, but its such a crappy old banger I often expect to come back and find someone has broken in and left me a gift in sympathy!

Personally, I think many of the developments in Dubai are potential 'ghettoes in the sky'. It is only the security on the door that stops them being so.

:( :( :(

Knight
Dubai Knight

Dubai Knight wrote:I still believe it is mostly safe. I leave loads of stuff in open view in my car, but its such a crappy old banger I often expect to come back and find someone has broken in and left me a gift in sympathy!

Personally, I think many of the developments in Dubai are potential 'ghettoes in the sky'. It is only the security on the door that stops them being so.

Knight

bloody cheeky git :twisted:

:P

note:

no one will get this apart from DK and possible sage
arniegang

Re: WTF ! this is too close to home literally Apr 29, 2010
arniegang wrote:
Dubai Knight wrote:I still believe it is mostly safe. I leave loads of stuff in open view in my car, but its such a crappy old banger I often expect to come back and find someone has broken in and left me a gift in sympathy!

Knight

note:

I was not referring to the magnificent Thunderbird 2 (there is a YouTube video out there you would enjoy!) but rather to the aged and battered Chevvy that still manages to cough and wobble its way around Dubai! Much like it's owner, it is suffering from Anno Domini and, after many incidents and accidents, still seems to miraculously pass the medical test every year!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Re: WTF ! This Is Too Close To Home Literally Apr 29, 2010
Ten year old going out on a scooter! World gets weirder every day...
RobbyG

Re: WTF ! this is too close to home literally Apr 29, 2010
Dubai Knight wrote:
arniegang wrote:

Knight

note:

I was not referring to the magnificent Thunderbird 2 (there is a YouTube video out there you would enjoy!) but rather to the aged and battered Chevvy that still manages to cough and wobble its way around Dubai! Much like it's owner, it is suffering from Anno Domini and, after many incidents and accidents, still seems to miraculously pass the medical test every year!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight

my apologies mate

:oops:
arniegang

Re: WTF ! This Is Too Close To Home Literally Apr 30, 2010
Yeah, Karama and IC are bad. Stay away, phussies. Less traffic for me.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat