Update On The British Couple Jailed For Kissing!!!

Topic locked
Re: Update on the British Couple Jailed for Kissing!!! Apr 14, 2010
MethoD wrote:I swear its always the same 2 people that make every topic go 'off-topic' lol

:lol: :mrgreen:

rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dubai's doors are open to everyone? Yeah right! Oh purrrlease!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:Dubai's doors are open to everyone? Yeah right! Oh purrrlease!

In another thread you are openly advising people to break the law!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

sage & onion wrote:

In another thread you are openly advising people to break the law!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:shock: sage are you really a BRIT???
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

A brith but bedoiun at heart :D
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

desertdudeshj wrote:A brith but bedoiun at heart :D

seriously hes the most "WISE" brit I have ever come across. Boras gonna pop up any minute now and claim hes one of the immigrants :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

rudeboy wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

I thought it was rumoured that I originated from Pakistan a while ago?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

nah we cant believe rumours we need the truth ;) come on then :P
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

sage & onion wrote:
rudeboy wrote:

I thought it was rumoured that I originated from Pakistan a while ago?

LoL. Sage is getting good at this. :mrgreen:
RobbyG

I can sure understand Sage's stand as a mod of this forum, much like i heard the other day on the radio., when a man asked a similar question,
Hosts: ehmm.. eerrr.. we'd not like to discuss this on radio..
the man : Escuse me..i was just asking is this the way justice is done? So every person who consumes alcohol needs a license now?
Hosts: Ehmm.. we are not discussing this mate. Sorry.

Dont discuss coz its not worth it, and there's no use and the site may get banned. End of it. ??
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

uaekid wrote:tom jones . Pay attention to section 1.4 pda is punished by impresonment or deportation !!! No again im not asking how u view it or feel about it. We're checking if its clear. I belive kissing is a site of an affection. chocoholic, coman where are yaa ,stand up for your self. robbyg, anything due to me like it was due to choc ?

Kid,

According to the law, the penalty for PDA stretches from a warning or a fine (for minor cases) to jail and/or deportation (for severe cases.)

But the law does not define what’s considered severe and what is considered minor. So that is left up to judges to decide (arbitrarily.) As we know, judges here in Dubai come from different backgrounds and different cultures (from Egypt, Sudan, Morocco, locals, Gulf countries ..etc). As such, and due to the lack of clear and specific descriptions of the punishable offenses, each judge obviously views the severity of each case differently.

The judge in this kissing case not only considered the kissing offence as a severe PDA, but also he went over the specified penalty in the law. For severe cases, the penalty is only jail and/or deportation, but this judge also added a monetary fine to the jail AND deportation, as if this couple were actually seen having se x in the restaurant.

If the range of PDA offences were described in the law in a clear and concise manner, this couple would’ve probably walked away with only a warning and a fine!!!!!

8) 8)
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Dubai Knight wrote:Re-adjustment is sometimes necessary, however constant and repeated toying with the family jewels, normally in the vicinity of women of the female persuasion, is actually a constant irritation to said ladies and is purely a product of sticking a million s ex starved, under paid, over worked males in cramped male only prison camps. When a human with bumps is seen, it creates a stir in the nether regions accompanied by wild staring eyes and occasional reflex pointing with monosyllabic grunts of 'wuh-man'.

What do you suggest to stop this? Tie their thumbs together behind their backs?

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight

OK, so you explained the laborers. Can you explain the office workers and the locals and non-locals who wear dishdash (don't take offense Sym!!)???

Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

rudeboy wrote:

seriously hes the most "WISE" brit I have ever come across. Boras gonna pop up any minute now and claim hes one of the immigrants :D

Miss me Esmeralda??? Or is just the fact that I've been ignoring you?? :lol:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bora Bora wrote:
rudeboy wrote:

Miss me Esmeralda??? Or is just the fact that I've been ignoring you?? :lol:

mama bear you cant ignore me you know that ;)
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Update on the British Couple Jailed for Kissing!!! Apr 15, 2010

No, the Sage is struggling with an identity crisis. He’s been away from the UK for too long, 1000 years or so. Although he is a full-bloodied Brit, he sometimes thinks he’s an Afghani or a Pakistani………!!! :lol:

But he’s always been a good old chap!!!

:D :D
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Bora Bora wrote:
OK, so you explained the laborers. Can you explain the office workers and the locals and non-locals who wear dishdash (don't take offense Sym!!)???

I don' t know. to me REAL men wear pants, Emirati's wear dresses, they got nothing to adjust :)
capsicum
BANNED

Tom Jones wrote:

No, the Sage is struggling with an identity crisis. He’s been away from the UK for too long, 1000 years or so. Although he is a full-bloodied Brit, he sometimes thinks he’s an Afghani or a Pakistani………!!! :lol:

Are you going to see your namesake in Abu Dhabi?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

sage & onion wrote:

Sage, seriously get over it. People know the laws, but everyone also knows the authorities turn a blind eye so long as you behave. Your scaremongering gets tiring.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

a law is a law, we dont live in the wild west ;)
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

rudeboy wrote:a law is a law, we dont live in the wild west ;)

And they can be bent.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Stealing is against the law, still many do it and many don't get caught.
Vandalism is a crime, still many do it .
using, importing and selling narcotics is a crime, many still do it.
Driving drunk is a crime, still many do it.
and so on and so forth

Just because you do it and get away with it does not make it anyless of a crime or have no right to cry foul later when you do.

You as a longtime resident of this or any country should not encourage people to break the laws of the land. This just goes to show how much you respect the country you now call home.
desertdudeshj

You miss the point entirely. If the authorities enforced the cohabitation laws - which they don't - then people would not come and work here.

Stop seeing things in black and white, when there are gaping grey areas.

I'm simply stating to you lot who jump up and down and go 'it's against the law, you'll get arrested on the spot' etc etc, to stop scaring people. Because it has never happened, and that's a plain and simple fact. The governing bodies know full well, that they have to ignore certain things otherwise as I already said, people would never come here. They only ever enforce something, if someone causes trouble or is reported by some saddo with a grudge. And that's it.

My opinion has nothing to do with whether I respect the laws or not, which for the most part I do. But I have lived with boyfriends, stayed over at their places and vice versa - any issues? Never.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

chocs no one is forcing you to obide with the law if you dont want to :D all we saying is that IF and WHEN you get caught you will be in BIG trouble.

Yes you might have lived with different bfs and stayed at their place and got away with it, you think you are invincible woman wearing tight pants living in on cheap mallu cafe food, thats fine with me :D but no1 is invincible and if it hasnt happened today maybe it will or wont happen tommorow!! I dont know you dont know only god knows ;)

but we know whats happened with those who get caught so thats why we suggested that if you want to go "break" the law go ahead but dont say we didnt warn you. Sage nor me nor dd are the local saudi police, we are not going to force people to obide with the "bent" laws (might be bent to you but they make sense to me ;) ) but we will urge ppl to think about it. Ending up in a jail is not a good thing and you could loose everything, even the enjoyment to go live at different bfs house ;)
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Still not getting it are you! The authorities TURN A BLIND EYE because they HAVE TO! Otherwise NO ONE WOULD COME!

What do you not understand about that.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

oh man they have to because there are not that many policemen. come on think about it, its a "small" crime thats why they are out there doing what policemen do i.e catch CRIMINALS and keeping our streets safe!!!

Do you think catching couples or finding people who kiss on dubai streets is the polices top priority? lolly trust me its not thats why they only take action when someone is reported otherwise they have just left it as it is.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

:banghead: Whatever! You can carry on scaring people, and I'll just tell it how it REALLY is.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

you want to tell how it really is when you get caught for breaking a law ;)

we are not SCARING people we are just WARNING and EDUCATING people about Dubai/UAE laws.

dont bang the wall you might break the wall 8) I am more worried about the wall 8) :mrgreen:
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

sage & onion wrote:
Tom Jones wrote:

Are you going to see your namesake in Abu Dhabi?

No, Sages. I don’t plan to go see the other TJ in AD tomorrow (BTW, his real name is Thomas Woodward). I’ve seen enough of him in the US, and tired of hearing his same old songs. Only love one of his songs, which is dear to my heart -- called “The Green, Green Grass of Home!!”

8) 8)
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Tom Jones wrote: Only love one of his songs, which is dear to my heart -- called “The Green, Green Grass of Home!!”

8) 8)

One can easily imagine where he got that lyric from! ;)
RobbyG

oh bob dont tell me something happens to you when you read the word GRASS especially when its GREEN GRASS 8)
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat