Olympic Style Drug Testing In Pacquiao Vs. Mayweather Fight

Topic locked
Olympic Style Drug Testing in Pacquiao Vs. Mayweather Fight Dec 30, 2009
All this drama is drumming-up the most anticipated fight in boxing history. What is your take on this?

saracen
Dubai Forums Member

Re: Olympic Style Drug Testing in Pacquiao Vs. Mayweather Fight Dec 30, 2009
I'm for Olympic style drug testing....All other sports do so, with the exception of cricket (just enforced)sowhy not boxing? It's only fair!
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Misery Called Life wrote:I'm for Olympic style drug testing....All other sports do so, with the exception of cricket (just enforced)so why not boxing? It's only fair!
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Misery Called Life wrote:I'm for Olympic style drug testing....All other sports do so, with the exception of cricket (just enforced)sowhy not boxing? It's only fair!

Totally agreed!
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

I didnt quite get the hysterical reactions from the Pacman camps when the drugs test was suggested....

Did they want to conduct it for him only, which would be a a valid reason to refuse.

And as good a boxer as he is, his cult like followers are a bit annoying.

Its as if anyone who doesnt admit that he is the best boxer of all time is a racist and hates Philipinos :D
BlackburnRovers
Dubai Expat Helper

i think one of the issues is that mayweather has never asked for this testing before. seems to me a mind game to get in pacman's head and rattle him once they do actually fight.

both of them started at 106 weight class so for mayweather to say pac's using drugs would apply to him as well since he's gone up the same amount of weight.

end of the day, money talks and the purse for each is going to be 20-25 million so they'll fight. no other fighter would give them a big payday like this.
nuzbim
Dubai forums Addict

Why refuse a drug test if you are clean????, that's my take on it.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

The Mayweather camp knows that Pacquiao is not a fan of the needle :lol:
LizaMarie
Dubai Forum Visitor

sage & onion wrote:Why refuse a drug test if you are clean????, that's my take on it.

WHY YOU HATE PACMAN, HE is best pound for pound boxer of all time, if you dont agree we will hate you !

* Sorry , I meant "Pound Por Pound" :mrgreen:
BlackburnRovers
Dubai Expat Helper

You know the more I think about it, the more convinced I am....It's only these Asian sportsmen who have been catapulted to God like status in their home countries, who resist WADA's efforts to cut down doping. Over 20,000 athletes including Nadal, Federer, Ronaldo, Bolt....adhere to these testing norms, yet the likes of Pacman and other Asian sportspersons(amateur jokers) are opposed to it.

So what's Pacman scared off? Apparently before a big fight he and his crew head off the Filipino mountains where in the hardest conditions known to mankind he trains in uttermost secrecy. The drug testing law stipulates that for 365 days a year sports persons will have to log on to a website and give in their whereabouts, thus being subject to random testing. So just when Pacman is enjoying his dog bone soup he may be required to step into another room and in the presence of an absolute stranger urinate in a plastic container. So what exactly is Pacman scared off? He is not paying for anyone's tickets, surely a blood and urine sample can't weaken him so much :lol:

Besides in the past there have been allegations of Pacman resorting to performance enhancement drugs. It is a golden opportunity for him to dispel all world-wide rumors surrounding his figure and use of enhancement drugs. His refusal to commit to the tests without conditions raises questions.

PS it's not WADA but USADA (US Anti Doping Agency) that will be testing the fighters. Now the USADA has no business testing professional fighters and neither the Nevada Athletic Commission.This is WADA's responsibility...period.
That said the Mayweather camp has expressed interest in other anti doping bodies including WADA!
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Olympic Style Drug Testing in Pacquiao Vs. Mayweather Fight Dec 31, 2009
LizaMarie wrote:The Mayweather camp knows that Pacquiao is not a fan of the needle :lol:

Maybe it's the opposite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Bah....its all just hype to pump up the fight, create more intrest, put it up in the headlines etc etc..
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

boxing is not the same anymore. its just business now, they will find a nice young bloke example Aamir and make all the hype etc etc and he will become the champion. He will stay the champion unless the next young bloke comes into the scene.

its all fixed boys.

if you want action watch kick boxing because you dont know who will win and they literally kick each others ases out. check it out. its a bit gruesome so if you are a weak girl i suggest you dont open it :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_Ilmg1j ... re=related
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Fighters/Boxers have been taking dives since time immemorium
desertdudeshj

yeh but Ali was something special. Tyson could have become the same but we all know what happened to him :D

there was this geeza called Prince Naseem he was good too but once he got old they booted him out. lol he would dance into the ring and once in the ring he would again do his dance :D

mayfeather is nothing compared to naseem. naseem was quick especially when dodging punches, its like watching matrix all over again when they are dodging bullets in slow mo :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

sage & onion wrote:
LizaMarie wrote:The Mayweather camp knows that Pacquiao is not a fan of the needle :lol:

I didn't mean it that way. Pacman follows certain rules when he goes for a fight. No vices, no s_x even for a couple of months prior to his fight. He have odd ways that Western people will not understand, it is called "pamahiin". He does not want the blood testing prior to his fight as he thinks it will make him weak. It sounds lame, but that's what he believes.

This issue is nothing but just a promotion for the fight, latest news is they have already settled this matter. That fast huh!

Many critics of Pacman have been proven time and again that they are wrong, he is without doubt the best pound for pound boxer in the world.

Am proud to be a Filipino, what d'ya say MCL :lol:
LizaMarie
Dubai Forum Visitor

LizaMarie wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

I didn't mean it that way. Pacman follows certain rules when he goes for a fight. No vices, no s_x even for a couple of months prior to his fight. He have odd ways that Western people will not understand, it is called "pamahiin". He does not want the blood testing prior to his fight as he thinks it will make him weak. It sounds lame, but that's what he believes.

This issue is nothing but just a promotion for the fight, latest news is they have already settled this matter. That fast huh!

Many critics of Pacman have been proven time and again that they are wrong, he is without doubt the best pound for pound boxer in the world.

I still think they should both be given the same blood test then it is fair.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

This demand of Mayweather has never been done in boxing. Just because Pacquiao shows unusual strength doesn't mean he's on steroids. Proper training, supplements and diet can do that to any other boxer. It all boils down to how you train and fight. It might be that Mayweather has never seen something like this before to make him think that Pac is doing PED's.

OK, blood testing can be done a week before the fight or right after the fight. That's more reasonable but not 48 hours before the fight or anything that is too close before the fight coz that's how random blood testing is done (it could be anytime like 3 o'clock ing the morning). That would be too intrusive for comfort and will weaken anyone.

Pac is not obligated to do this but they should agree on something to make the fight happen.
saracen
Dubai Forums Member

LizaMarie wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

^^^ Ladies and gentlemen say hello to my other half ( wouldn't really call her my better though ! :D )

Alas my last online refuge has been invaded ! :?
desertdudeshj

Re: Olympic Style Drug Testing in Pacquiao Vs. Mayweather Fight Jan 01, 2010
DD Under pressure, lol
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat