A First In Dubai

Topic locked
A first in Dubai Dec 22, 2009
Last night I went to the cinema, and something truly remarkable happened.

Not one phone rang during the movie.
Not one person had a loud and inappropriately timed conversation!

IT TRULY IS THIS YEARS CHRISTMAS MIRACLE!

(Of course, I did go the 10.30pm showing of Avatar, and it was pretty much an empty theater, but still!)

Dr Strangeglove
Dubai forums Addict

Re: A first in Dubai Dec 22, 2009
maybe they were asleep :D

mind you at some comedy films you will hear some hilarious laughter :D

rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

The worst have to be those dumb @ss inconsiderate parents who bring in their stupid unruly young kids ! specially todlers who all they do is just wail like a banshee throughout
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Dr Strangeglove wrote:Last night I went to the cinema, and something truly remarkable happened.

Not one phone rang during the movie.
Not one person had a loud and inappropriately timed conversation!

IT TRULY IS THIS YEARS CHRISTMAS MIRACLE!

(Of course, I did go the 10.30pm showing of Avatar, and it was pretty much an empty theater, but still!)

Glad to hear that you were able to concentrate on the film.

Is it worth going to see?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: A first in Dubai Dec 23, 2009
I went to the cinema here once. Never again.
XPT
Dubai forums Addict

Went to see Sherlock Holmes last night and everyone was vey good, packed cinema as well. I was very surprised. Apart from the idiot one parent who brought in a 2 year old! Luckily she was quiet, but had the kid kicked off, I'd have given them their marching orders.

Why oh why to people take babies and young children to the cinema? Especially to 15 and 18 rated movies - irresponsible, selfish people.

Film was awsome though, RDJ and Jude Law do a great job. Typical Guy Ritchie style. :D
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

I've given up with the cinema here! Too many inconsiderate, selfish, rude A holes.
smoggie
Dubai Expat Helper

Chocoholic wrote:Went to see Sherlock Holmes last night and everyone was vey good, packed cinema as well. I was very surprised. Apart from the idiot one parent who brought in a 2 year old! Luckily she was quiet, but had the kid kicked off, I'd have given them their marching orders.

Why oh why to people take babies and young children to the cinema? Especially to 15 and 18 rated movies - irresponsible, selfish people.

Film was awsome though, RDJ and Jude Law do a great job. Typical Guy Ritchie style. :D

because they cant leave their kids alone or cant arrange a babysitter at the last moment. when you have kids you will understand ;)
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Cinemas, coffee shops, resturants should be a no go zone for kids or any other place where a person expects to sit, relax and chill for a few. Just as there are no smoking zones. There should a not kids zone.

And if you can't arrange to a babysitter and all that crap ! STAY HOME ! or go to some other place like chucky cheese or whatever, until you can.
desertdudeshj

XPT wrote:I went to the cinema here once. Never again.

Once???? Let me guess, you discovered it was cheaper to use torrents?
dee7o
Dubai forums Addict

desertdudeshj wrote:Cinemas, coffee shops, resturants should be a no go zone for kids or any other place where a person expects to sit, relax and chill for a few. Just as there are no smoking zones. There should a not kids zone.

And if you can't arrange to a babysitter and all that crap ! STAY HOME ! or go to some other place like chucky cheese or whatever, until you can.

mate its easy to say this but when you have your own kids then let us know what you think :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Like a 2 year old is really interested in watching the movie.

There are options:

How about PAYING a babysitter.
Get a family member or friend to watch the kid.
Wait for the movie to come out of DVD.
If unable to do one of the above: Sedate the little bugger. Load the kid up with some Nyquil.
Go somewhere else - like a park or a kid's play area in a mall.

On Airplanes:

Sedate the little bugger. Again, Nyquil.
Sedate the bigger little buggers that think the aisle is a running track.
Put a handle of the kid's head and check him/her/them in as luggage.

Why do parents think you should find their kiddies cute when in fact they are actually very annoying? Crying, pulling on the back of your seat, kicking the seat from behind. Knocking into you when running up and down the aisle. Cute - NOT!!!!!! This has forced me to travel in business. Would rather deal with the obnoxious drunks who eventually fall off to sleep.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

rudeboy wrote:mate its easy to say this but when you have your own kids then let us know what you think :D

Oh Puhlezzz, thats the lamest excuse EVER !. You did no favour to mankind by reproducing your kind. Why should the rest of humanity suffer for your crap. You made kids fine, but please keep them to yourself. If you go and look up more and more places like resturants etc are comming up which have a no kids policy and they are innudated with thank you notes froms customers and doing great bussiness. Now all we need here are a few no kid malls and joints

@ Bores, couldn't have said it better myself, the most irritiaing and annoying is when parents find their unruly brats obnoxious behaviour "cute" !
desertdudeshj

Re: A first in Dubai Jan 03, 2010
sage & onion wrote:
Dr Strangeglove wrote:(Of course, I did go the 10.30pm showing of Avatar, and it was pretty much an empty theater, but still!)

Definitely, but only in 3D. The story is a bit weak but the alien forest seen through funny glasses is wild.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

sage & onion wrote:
Dr Strangeglove wrote:(Of course, I did go the 10.30pm showing of Avatar, and it was pretty much an empty theater, but still!)

Absolutely, it's a fantastic experience, especially at the IMAX (Ibn Battuta). You can tell the film is made with a lot of passion, which sadly is a rare thing these days. It's head and shoulders above any other cinematic experience of 2009.
Dr Strangeglove
Dubai forums Addict

Bora Bora wrote:Put a handle of the kid's head and check him/her/them in as luggage.

Excellent idea :). I'm always dropping them ...

bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

The big smurf version of dances with wolves, but enjoyed the eye candy none the less 8)
desertdudeshj

Re: A first in Dubai Jan 04, 2010
rudeboy wrote:
desertdudeshj wrote:Cinemas, coffee shops, resturants should be a no go zone for kids or any other place where a person expects to sit, relax and chill for a few. Just as there are no smoking zones. There should a not kids zone.

mate its easy to say this but when you have your own kids then let us know what you think :D

Is that supposed to be some sort of excuse for ruining everybody else's viewing pleasure?
smoggie
Dubai Expat Helper

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat