Egypt Vs Algeria

Topic locked
Nov 22, 2009
Egypt's Amr Zaki Rules Out Portsmouth Move Because 'I Don't Wish To Play With An Algerian'
http://www.goal.com/en/news/89/africa/2 ... t-wish-to-

There is certainly no love lost between between Egypt and Algeria after the recent events...

The recent high tension between Egypt and Algeria has taken another ugly dimension after Egypt international striker, Amr Zaki, declared he will not be interested in joining English Premier League club Portsmouth because that would mean he will play alongside Algerian defender Nadir Belhadj.

UAE businessman Sulaiman Al-Fahim, who has stake at Portsmouth, disclosed that the former Wigan Athletic striker has been in regular touch with him in respect of a transfer to Fratton Park in the winter.

However, Zaki said on his personal website that a switch from Zamalek to Pompey is no longer an option because they have an Algerian player as well as Isrealis, who many Arab Muslims are against, on their books.

"I refused their offer before, but now joining Portsmouth is no longer an option for me," Zaki said.

"After Portsmouth signed an Israeli player and also hired an Israeli football director (Avram Grant), a possible move was ruled out.

"On top of that, no way could I play at Portsmouth with an Algerian within in their ranks."

The relationship between Egypt and Algeria has soured since the hostilities that followed the Pharaohs' 1-0 loss to the Desert Foxes in Wednesday's World Cup play-off.

Fans of both countries were engaged in bloody fights in Sudan as well as in their respective countries after Algeria qualified for next year's World Cup at the expense of their regional rivals.

Top government officials including Egypt President Hosni Mubarak have also joined in this row.

Samm Audu, Goal.com

xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 22, 2009
xty wrote:Egypt's Amr Zaki Rules Out Portsmouth Move Because 'I Don't Wish To Play With An Algerian'
http://www.goal.com/en/news/89/africa/2 ... t-wish-to-

There is certainly no love lost between between Egypt and Algeria after the recent events...

The recent high tension between Egypt and Algeria has taken another ugly dimension after Egypt international striker, Amr Zaki, declared he will not be interested in joining English Premier League club Portsmouth because that would mean he will play alongside Algerian defender Nadir Belhadj.

UAE businessman Sulaiman Al-Fahim, who has stake at Portsmouth, disclosed that the former Wigan Athletic striker has been in regular touch with him in respect of a transfer to Fratton Park in the winter.

However, Zaki said on his personal website that a switch from Zamalek to Pompey is no longer an option because they have an Algerian player as well as Isrealis, who many Arab Muslims are against, on their books.

"I refused their offer before, but now joining Portsmouth is no longer an option for me," Zaki said.

"After Portsmouth signed an Israeli player and also hired an Israeli football director (Avram Grant), a possible move was ruled out.

"On top of that, no way could I play at Portsmouth with an Algerian within in their ranks."

The relationship between Egypt and Algeria has soured since the hostilities that followed the Pharaohs' 1-0 loss to the Desert Foxes in Wednesday's World Cup play-off.

Fans of both countries were engaged in bloody fights in Sudan as well as in their respective countries after Algeria qualified for next year's World Cup at the expense of their regional rivals.

Top government officials including Egypt President Hosni Mubarak have also joined in this row.

Samm Audu, Goal.com

Egyptians should get a life its only a game flippen heck :roll: :roll:
Galactico
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 22, 2009
Egypt is the African champions having trashed Ivory Coast in the process, so benwj's statemtns are stupid. That said the Egyptians are acting like 6 year olds, with their statements of declsaring war and refusing to play with Algerians.......
BlackburnRovers
Dubai Expat Helper

Nov 23, 2009
BlackburnRovers wrote:Egypt is the African champions having trashed Ivory Coast in the process, so benwj's statemtns are stupid.

Beating an off-form african nation is something, but it ain't the world cup.
Eygpt are unlucky not to make it but they will never challenge for the top spot anyway, so whats the point?

Other nations are only beginning to show what they are capable of. NZ made it to the world cup and they don't even know what football is let alone go to war over it.
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat