Egypt Vs Algeria

Topic locked
Nov 16, 2009
i am supporting the egyptians here, they got some class players like Zaki and Zidan & Mido. Hope they do get into World Cup and come in Englands group and hopefully kick some english arrrrssses :D

rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 16, 2009
rudeboy wrote:i am supporting the egyptians here, they got some class players like Zaki and Zidan & Mido. Hope they do get into World Cup and come in Englands group and hopefully kick some english arrrrssses :D

No chance :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Nov 17, 2009
Can anyone tell me which channel is going to air the Bosnia vs. Portugal game tomorrow Wednesday ??? and are there any hotels/places where they would air the game? I don't have a lot of sports channels on my tv. I HAVE to watch.

Go Bosnaaaaaa :love4:
Leptir
Dubai Forum Guest

Nov 17, 2009
Misery Called Life wrote:I think I had a couple of heart attacks after the 90 minutes!
You know it was a pleasant night and I was getting ready for the Portugal - Bosnia match when all of a sudden I freakin hear people screaming all over the place. I bl**dy well though i was in the middle of a riot! So I run to the window only to realise it was the Egyptians celebrating all over the place, chanting, blaring horns, waving flags....Good Stuff!

Well Congrats and all the best in Sudan!

Which channel and where did you watch it??
Leptir
Dubai Forum Guest

Nov 17, 2009
Leptir wrote:Can anyone tell me which channel is going to air the Bosnia vs. Portugal game??? and are there any hotels/places where they would air the game? I don't have a lot of sports channels on my tv. I HAVE to watch.

I think in any sports bar. Personaly I watched how Russia buried Slovenia in the Beagles bar in Millenium Hotel (Al Garhoud, Deira).
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 17, 2009
Red Chief wrote:
Leptir wrote:Can anyone tell me which channel is going to air the Bosnia vs. Portugal game??? and are there any hotels/places where they would air the game? I don't have a lot of sports channels on my tv. I HAVE to watch.

I think in any sports bar. Personaly I watched how Russia buried Slovenia in the Beagles bar in Millenium Hotel (Al Garhoud, Deira).

Oh ok thanks!! I guess I'll just have to call different sports bars and find out.
Leptir
Dubai Forum Guest

Nov 17, 2009
Algeria will go to World Cup 2010 ,,
And I hope will see amazing fight .. sorry match e__e

catalyst
Dubai chat master

Nov 17, 2009
desertdudeshj wrote:When was the last time you saw Egyptians doing something without creating a ruckus ?

I swear there have been so many times I thought there was a street fight only to realise later it was two egyptians talking casually !

wow, you managed to know the nationalities of two people talking casually in the streets...
man you are gifted you can make a lot of $ with such a talent.
Mahmoud04
Dubai chat master

Nov 17, 2009
Mahmoud04 wrote:
desertdudeshj wrote:When was the last time you saw Egyptians doing something without creating a ruckus ?

I swear there have been so many times I thought there was a street fight only to realise later it was two egyptians talking casually !

wow, you managed to know the nationalities of two people talking casually in the streets...

Mahmoud, don't you know that Egyptians have this invisible "E" carved in their forehead that only people who have "vision" can see. The same for Lebanese, the have an "L" and Yemeni, they have a "Y" and so forth. I tried to bleach my husband's forehead to get rid of the "E" but it seems that it's still there. People with vision can spot him from a mile away. I know an African American man who people keep mistaking him for an Egyptian. I told him that the "B" for black on his forehead must be fading and must look like an "E" to those who have the vision.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Nov 17, 2009
Do you envy, darling? The guy is brilliant. He is especially good in defining... Russians. There is nothing you can hide from this sleuth. :wink:
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 17, 2009
He is good in defining Trolls too! he has lots of capabilities...
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Nov 17, 2009
Leptir wrote:
Misery Called Life wrote:I think I had a couple of heart attacks after the 90 minutes!
You know it was a pleasant night and I was getting ready for the Portugal - Bosnia match when all of a sudden I freakin hear people screaming all over the place. I bl**dy well though i was in the middle of a riot! So I run to the window only to realise it was the Egyptians celebrating all over the place, chanting, blaring horns, waving flags....Good Stuff!

Watched it on JSC Sports. They have bout 10 channels. I think it was showing on JSC Sports +4 or +5....English commentry
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 17, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:
Mahmoud04 wrote:

Mahmoud, don't you know that Egyptians have this invisible "E" carved in their forehead that only people who have "vision" can see. The same for Lebanese, the have an "L" and Yemeni, they have a "Y" and so forth. I tried to bleach my husband's forehead to get rid of the "E" but it seems that it's still there. People with vision can spot him from a mile away. I know an African American man who people keep mistaking him for an Egyptian. I told him that the "B" for black on his forehead must be fading and must look like an "E" to those who have the vision.

Touche!
Maybe DD has a good grasp of languages and mannerisms? To the trained eye it's really not all that difficult. Off course just one glance is pushing it, but maybe when they talk etc it becomes clearer?
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 18, 2009
Misery Called Life wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:
Mahmoud04 wrote:

Touche!
Maybe DD has a good grasp of languages and mannerisms? To the trained eye it's really not all that difficult. Off course just one glance is pushing it, but maybe when they talk etc it becomes clearer?

Actually, there are different dialects, for lack of a better word, emphasis and pronunciation of a particular word or the use of a phrase, in the Arabic language of each individual Arabic country. So you would have to have a very very good grasp of the Arabic language as well as the nuances that would identify one's country when they speak.

My brother-in-law is Egyptian and is black as night as there is Sudanese in his ancestry. Looks more Sudanese than Egyptian in my opinion. But I'm sure that there are some people who could look at him and say that he was definitely Egyptian because................they have the "vision".
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Nov 18, 2009
Leptir wrote:

Watched it on JSC Sports. They have bout 10 channels. I think it was showing on JSC Sports +4 or +5....English commentry

MCL watching AlJazeera now :lol:
catalyst
Dubai chat master

Nov 19, 2009
rudeboy wrote:i am supporting the egyptians here, they got some class players like Zaki and Zidan & Mido.

Way to show the board your miniscule football knowledge in one sentence.
Dr Strangeglove
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 19, 2009
Dr Strangeglove wrote:
rudeboy wrote:i am supporting the egyptians here, they got some class players like Zaki and Zidan & Mido.

so if i support egypt i have miniscule football knowledge :D cool :D

algeria were lucky because there CENTER half scored that GOAL from a TIGHT corner. Its like asking your granny to shoot the ball from 2 yards with ben foster in goal. and if it still goes in, she is one lucky granny and thats what Algeria were on the night.

It was a close game but over the past year or so, egypt have been the better team. No disrespect to Algeria but I have never came across any of their players in the top flight English, Scottish and French or even Spanish league. Whereas Egypt had some of their players in Europe which means alot when it comes to experience. If they had a fully strong team, Algeria wouldnt have been a match at all.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 19, 2009
Tom Jones wrote:Great match….!!..... A lot better than the dull friendly between England and Brazil which was being played the same time in Doha!!

Egypt barely made it in injury time, renewing its hopes for qualifying to the World Cup.

I bet the Algerian players were also pleased with the result!!!! They were met with hostilities since arriving to Egypt (people tossed rocks at their bus, injuring 3 players!). They had been intimated by the people and the media, and they looked scared!!

I think the Algerian players will play a lot better in Sudan on Wed, and may be the ones to advance -- although I, myself, would like see the Egyptians advance. They get too emotional about the game and would add some color to the tournament in South Africa!!!

8) 8)

Sound analogy....and in retrospect rather accurate as well.

Egypt never had any chance of beating Algeria in Sudan. The Algerians were on the offensive from the start, created more opportunities, in all honesty I expected more goals and solid drubbing by the Algerians. The goalkeepers form both sides more so the Egyptian side performed exceedingly well.

That said the passion of the Egyptian fans is absolutely amazing and SA will definately be duller without them. But ultimately if the team is not good enough there's nothing a fan can do.
The Egyptians need to become stronger and win more games outside Egypt. Every game cannot be a home game!
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 19, 2009
Dr Strangeglove wrote:

In his defense, he shows more knowledge than journo sports reporter, all around girl, Chocs, as she so well demonstrates in her posts.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Nov 20, 2009
Tom Jones wrote:Great match….!!..... A lot better than the dull friendly between England and Brazil which was being played the same time in Doha!!

Egypt barely made it in injury time, renewing its hopes for qualifying to the World Cup.

I bet the Algerian players were also pleased with the result!!!! They were met with hostilities since arriving to Egypt (people tossed rocks at their bus, injuring 3 players!). They had been intimated by the people and the media, and they looked scared!!

I think the Algerian players will play a lot better in Sudan on Wed, and may be the ones to advance -- although I, myself, would like see the Egyptians advance. They get too emotional about the game and would add some color to the tournament in South Africa!!!

8) 8)

Sound analogy....and in retrospect rather accurate as well.

Egypt never had any chance of beating Algeria in Sudan. The Algerians were on the offensive from the start, created more opportunities, in all honesty I expected more goals and solid drubbing by the Algerians.

Sorry, but what match were you watching exactly?
dee7o
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 20, 2009
I dont get it; after Cairo match, many Egyptians were saying "so what if the Algerian players were stoned and injured by Eg fans, at least we won". I mean they must be really twisted to think that winning makes attacking other players ok....

And now we have Alaa Mubarak saying they should declare war on Algeria, presumably for having the galls to defeat Egypt; real uneducated way of thinking if you ask me
BlackburnRovers
Dubai Expat Helper

Nov 20, 2009
What your trying to say is .."dumb @$$"
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Nov 20, 2009
BlackburnRovers wrote:I dont get it; after Cairo match, many Egyptians were saying "so what if the Algerian players were stoned and injured by Eg fans, at least we won". I mean they must be really twisted to think that winning makes attacking other players ok....

And now we have Alaa Mubarak saying they should declare war on Algeria, presumably for having the galls to defeat Egypt; real uneducated way of thinking if you ask me

When did Alaa Mubarak say that?
dee7o
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 21, 2009
on CNN thousands of Egyptian fans make riots in front of Algerian embasy. i wonder if similar will happen to Irish fans to French embassy ;)
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 21, 2009
BlackburnRovers wrote:I dont get it; after Cairo match, many Egyptians were saying "so what if the Algerian players were stoned and injured by Eg fans, at least we won". I mean they must be really twisted to think that winning makes attacking other players ok....

hahaha, a new talent on the ground, did Alaa Mubarak told you that personally or via e-mail, because usually when he send such e-mails he CC me....
Mahmoud04
Dubai chat master

Nov 22, 2009
dee7o wrote:
Misery Called Life wrote:Sound analogy....and in retrospect rather accurate as well.

Egypt never had any chance of beating Algeria in Sudan. The Algerians were on the offensive from the start, created more opportunities, in all honesty I expected more goals and solid drubbing by the Algerians.

Sorry, but what match were you watching exactly?

The same match as you...Egypt were great in patches, but overall I felt Algeria created more chances and had the better opportunities. Just my opinion!
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 22, 2009
Mahmoud04 wrote:hahaha, a new talent on the ground, did Alaa Mubarak told you that personally or via e-mail, because usually when he send such e-mails he CC me....

No? On Friday he made a very rare public statement calling for a "tough stance" to be taken against Algeria.
Besides I hear the Egyptian ambassador to Algeria has been recalled as well.....So it's safe for an outsider to presume that the matter is rather serious.
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 22, 2009
its serious, who said its not, but never come to declaring a war...
i agree things went really bad, but at the end of the day we ppl will resolve it, its just football.
Mahmoud04
Dubai chat master

Nov 22, 2009
xty wrote:on CNN thousands of Egyptian fans make riots in front of Algerian embasy. i wonder if similar will happen to Irish fans to French embassy ;)

good point
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Nov 22, 2009
xty wrote:on CNN thousands of Egyptian fans make riots in front of Algerian embasy. i wonder if similar will happen to Irish fans to French embassy ;)

Egypt (and Algeria who won't make past the first round at the world cup for that matter) should just give up playing football because they are obviously crap at it.
Take up something else that you are good at instead of wasting time, money and emotional stress on a sport that you are never going to be any good at (apart from amongst your arab peers).
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat