Egypt Vs Algeria

Topic locked
Egypt vs Algeria Nov 15, 2009
Did anyone watch that match? I am Egyptian and I must have had 10 minor heart attacks during those 90 minutes.

dee7o
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 15, 2009
I think I had a couple of heart attacks after the 90 minutes!
You know it was a pleasant night and I was getting ready for the Portugal - Bosnia match when all of a sudden I freakin hear people screaming all over the place. I bl**dy well though i was in the middle of a riot! So I run to the window only to realise it was the Egyptians celebrating all over the place, chanting, blaring horns, waving flags....Good Stuff!

Well Congrats and all the best in Sudan!
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 15, 2009
Misery Called Life wrote:I think I had a couple of heart attacks after the 90 minutes!
You know it was a pleasant night and I was getting ready for the Portugal - Bosnia match when all of a sudden I freakin hear people screaming all over the place. I bl**dy well though i was in the middle of a riot! So I run to the window only to realise it was the Egyptians celebrating all over the place, chanting, blaring horns, waving flags....Good Stuff!

Well Congrats and all the best in Sudan!

Wednesday baby!!
dee7o
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 15, 2009
that's why there were so many cars continuously honking at midnight. congratulation but very disturbing!
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 15, 2009
Yeah why can't the Egyptians celebrate like normal people, by going and trashing a bar, fighting in the street, setting fire to phone boxes etc etc - he horn honking is very uncivilized!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Nov 15, 2009
Mabrooks to Egypt. They deserved it.

But it ain't finished yet. I'm a syrian and I root for Algeria. Don't get me wrong here, I like Abu Treika and all the other great players, it's just that Algeria has its own special charms, you know?

Thanks and Good Night.
ahzao
Dubai Forum Visitor

Nov 15, 2009
ahzao wrote:Mabrooks to Egypt. They deserved it.

But it ain't finished yet. I'm a syrian and I root for Algeria. Don't get me wrong here, I like Abu Treika and all the other great players, it's just that Algeria has its own special charms, you know?

Thanks and Good Night.

To each their own. If Algeria do win in Sudan, I will root for them in the World Cup but until Wednesday, Algeria is my sworn enemy : :evil:
dee7o
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 15, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:Yeah why can't the Egyptians celebrate like normal people, by going and trashing a bar, fighting in the street, setting fire to phone boxes etc etc - he horn honking is very uncivilized!

ouch, can't you make it easier,
normal people,
that was so uncivilized why to criticize others.
you didn't even congratulate! or say a single good word, just a comment to criticize.
Mahmoud04
Dubai chat master

Nov 15, 2009
Great match….!!..... A lot better than the dull friendly between England and Brazil which was being played the same time in Doha!!

Egypt barely made it in injury time, renewing its hopes for qualifying to the World Cup.

I bet the Algerian players were also pleased with the result!!!! They were met with hostilities since arriving to Egypt (people tossed rocks at their bus, injuring 3 players!). They had been intimated by the people and the media, and they looked scared!!

I think the Algerian players will play a lot better in Sudan on Wed, and may be the ones to advance -- although I, myself, would like see the Egyptians advance. They get too emotional about the game and would add some color to the tournament in South Africa!!!

8) 8)
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 15, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:Yeah why can't the Egyptians celebrate like normal people, by going and trashing a bar, fighting in the street, setting fire to phone boxes etc etc - he horn honking is very uncivilized!

LMAO!!! what about a stadium riot? That seems to go over well.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Nov 15, 2009
Mahmoud04 wrote:

ouch, can't you make it easier,
normal people,
that was so uncivilized why to criticize others.
you didn't even congratulate! or say a single good word, just a comment to criticize.

Mahmoud, she was being sarcastic. Its Chocs!!!!! Don't take offense.

And yes, Mabrouk to Egypt. Well done.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Nov 15, 2009
no offense at all, and football to me is just to watch a nice game, i am not a fanatic at all,
anyway lets wish to see nice match on Wednesday, and over all if Algeria win i will follow it in 2010 ;).

and Chocs FYI on Wednesday no matter who wins but there is gonna be tons of noise on the streets....
Mahmoud04
Dubai chat master

Nov 15, 2009
Mahmoud04 wrote:no offense at all, and football to me is just to watch a nice game, i am not a fanatic at all,
anyway lets wish to see nice match on Wednesday, and over all if Algeria win i will follow it in 2010 ;).

and Chocs FYI on Wednesday no matter who wins but there is gonna be tons of noise on the streets....

When you have a game that is close and active, even if you are sitting on the side, you cannot help but to get emotional.

Noise on the street, that kind of noise I welcome. People are happy and excited.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Nov 15, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:
Mahmoud04 wrote:no offense at all, and football to me is just to watch a nice game, i am not a fanatic at all,

When you have a game that is close and active, even if you are sitting on the side, you cannot help but to get emotional.

Noise on the street, that kind of noise I welcome. People are happy and excited.

Totally! I absolutely love the spirit. It also lends the city some character!

Hoping to see them party again this wednesday!
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 15, 2009
dee7o wrote:
To each their own. If Algeria do win in Sudan, I will root for them in the World Cup but until Wednesday, Algeria is my sworn enemy : :evil:

Fair enough, brother. If Egypt makes it to the World Cup I'll be the first cheering for you guys ;)

Good luck.
ahzao
Dubai Forum Visitor

Nov 15, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:Noise on the street, that kind of noise I welcome. People are happy and excited.

day time is ok, but weekday midnight?
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 15, 2009
xty wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:Noise on the street, that kind of noise I welcome. People are happy and excited.

day time is ok, but weekday midnight?

It's not like it's an every night event and goes on all night long. I heard it last night, woke me from my sleep and it may have lasted 5 minutes or so. Knew it was Egyptians celebrating (hubby told me that the game was going to be played).

Egyptians love the horn - when they win games, weddings, and in traffic.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Nov 15, 2009
Well that's all very nice, but go into the desert and honk your horns!

Pffff football = boring!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Nov 15, 2009
Absolutely. Why do you think women football hasn't been developed well?

Because it's hardly possible to force 11 women to wear the same clothes....
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 15, 2009
Red Chief wrote:Absolutely. Why do you think women football hasn't been developed well?

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Nov 15, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:Pffff football = boring!

how can you say football is a boring sport? it is the most dynamic and lively sport that attracts the most spectators than any other sport.
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 15, 2009
Red Chief wrote:Absolutely. Why do you think women football hasn't been developed well?

LOL
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 16, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:Well that's all very nice, but go into the desert and honk your horns!

Pffff football = boring!

I'm sorry but have you seen what goes on in England after late night Champions League ties?
dee7o
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 16, 2009
xty wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:Pffff football = boring!

how can you say football is a boring sport? it is the most dynamic and lively sport that attracts the most spectators than any other sport.

She plays a much more exciting sport. Lacrosse.
dee7o
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 16, 2009

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Unless, of course, they were designer uniforms.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Nov 16, 2009

Wow Chocs. I thought you were being sarcastic. Well you certainly proved me wrong. Horn honking is very uncivilized but destruction of property, fighting in the streets, rioting in stadiums is civilized?? What world do you live in???
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Nov 16, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:Well that's all very nice, but go into the desert and honk your horns!

Pffff football = boring!

I guess it is boring compared to those physical sports you embrace - wrestling, boxing, etc. where seeing people violently attacking each other must make you absolutely dilirious.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Big holla to the Syrian guy  I am Algerian and Nov 16, 2009
ahzao wrote:Mabrooks to Egypt. They deserved it.

Thanks and Good Night.
Sara_DZ
Dubai Forum Guest

Nov 16, 2009
Big holla to the Syrian guy 

I am Algerian and must say that what happened to our team in the bus was VERY UGLY!!! Is that how u welcome people??? And u talking of being civilized!!!

Feeling very positive and heading Sudan myself!!! WAR is ON

Cheers ..

Sara
Sara_DZ
Dubai Forum Guest

Nov 16, 2009
When was the last time you saw Egyptians doing something without creating a ruckus ?

I swear there have been so many times I thought there was a street fight only to realise later it was two egyptians talking casually !
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat