Please Give Me Your Advice

Topic locked
Please Give me your advice Oct 14, 2009
in short :

I want to buy a car.

price range is somewhere between 50 - 90K (I will get a car loan)

what are my options ?

should I get a new one ? or a used / verified etc .. ?

where to look ?

thanks in advance

snake
Dubai Forum User

Oct 14, 2009
I'd honestly buy a new one, with that price range there are lots of options and good deals to be had. Plus most dealers will give you a years free insurance, register it, and give you 3 years/60,000 Kms servicing and warranty. Less stress, less hassle for a snagley new car.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Oct 14, 2009
But if he's taking a loan anyway, better to get from a dealer than buy privately, then at least you can sell the car back to the dealer - a friend of mine has just done that.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Oct 14, 2009
Not_Sure wrote:You loose your job unexpectedly, like many people in Dubai.

Then you either go to jail or leave the country and hope they dont come after you.

Its always nice to think of having things...but not to nice to think of the responsibility you get with it.

(Dont think mami or Daddy is going to pop out a few thousands to save ur arse)

Many dealerships have a redundancy cover for a new car nowadays.

As for brand new or used car the reply is not so evident now. Many Brits continue leaving the UAE. So you can have a real bargain especially if you are not going to buy Toyota/Lexus. Check dubizzle.
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Oct 14, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:But if he's taking a loan anyway, better to get from a dealer than buy privately, then at least you can sell the car back to the dealer - a friend of mine has just done that.

Only when you pay in full first the remaining installments to the bank. You'd get clearance letter required by the buyer's insurance & bank (if the buyer does financing as well). I did that when selling my car.

These days, I'd suggest to think twice on getting car loan. At least you need to make sure you pass the probation, your job/company is safe, and you have a backup money (savings) for worst case when you had to leave the country. Buy it in cash or rent one for first few months, then you'll see later.
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat