Sharjah Tourism

Topic locked
Sharjah Tourism Sep 29, 2009
How big is Sharjah tourism? Are there many hotels there now, or do most people just go there for the day from Dubai and Abu Dhabi?

I understand it is very strong on traditional Arabic culture and much quieter than Dubai. Do many now live there and commute to Dubai ?

RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Sharjah Tourism Sep 29, 2009
RedKite wrote:How big is Sharjah tourism? Are there many hotels there now, or do most people just go there for the day from Dubai and Abu Dhabi?

I understand it is very strong on traditional Arabic culture and much quieter than Dubai. Do many now live there and commute to Dubai ?

Sharjah and Tourism are mutually exclusive (or is the word Aximoron?)
Ballbraker
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: Sharjah Tourism Sep 30, 2009
RedKite wrote:How big is Sharjah tourism? Are there many hotels there now, or do most people just go there for the day from Dubai and Abu Dhabi?

Sharjah has a few nice cultural museums and a sea life aquarium.

But you really cannot promote it as a separate destination by itself. It usually gets side trips (day trips) by some Dubai tourists.

Because of the ban on alcohol and night clubs, their hotels are typically favored by traditional Moslem families from the Gulf and other Arab countries.

8) 8)
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Sharjah Tourism Sep 30, 2009
Tom Jones wrote:Because of the ban on alcohol and night clubs, their hotels are typically favored by traditional Moslem families from the Gulf and other Arab countries.

You obviously havent been down to the beach hotels and motels like Lou Lou'a and Sharjah Grand. Feels like your at a nudist russian colony.

They are ( or atleast were last time I checked bout a year back ) filled with cheap russian tourist even in the summer looking for off season deals, specially repeats who had been here before and know the booze and clubs are just a stone throw away.

Well yeah the city hotels are filled with mostly short kandoora wearing, big bearded saudis.
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Sep 30, 2009
The closest I get to Sharjah is zooming through on my way to work up Emirates road - and that's about as close as I like to get to it! :wink:

It has actually got some nice areas however though.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Sep 30, 2009
It sounds as though Sharjah is an interesting day out for tourists staying in Dubai, wanting to view more traditional Arab culture, museums etc .....and looking for more peace and quiet !!

I had put a page about Sharjah on my www.visit-dubai.co.uk site about a year or more ago and wondered if it was becoming more developed.

I can see why it is more popular with traditional Muslims. Dubai must be privately upsetting to a lot of them.

Interesting that the Russians are going there. They've got a few roubles to spend !!
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Sep 30, 2009
:roll: So this whole post is a con to get people to visit your website RK.

Give it a rest mate.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Sep 30, 2009
Being RK wasn't it obvious from the first post itself ?
desertdudeshj

Sep 30, 2009
LOL - yeah should have seen that one coming.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Sep 30, 2009
I was going to post the Not this Sh!t again pic, but then RK would go into a hysterical fit of sending one more of his threads to FC and blame dubai for being in recession becuase no one visits his site :D
desertdudeshj

Sep 30, 2009
RedKite wrote:Interesting that the Russians are going there. They've got a few roubles to spend !!

UAE is the closest to Russia and that's why most popular destination for winter beach holidays, but different people live in Russia: winner and losers. The poorests chose Sharjah for financial reason.
It's the same as in UK. Some Londoners prefer to live in luxuary villa in Dubai but travel to Bali on summer vocation every year to relax beside some Russians from Moscow.
Anothere guys live in small remoted village in very small Wales all their life and can allow themselves only write about luxuary exotic places but cannot afford a visit them for all their lousy lives.
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Sep 30, 2009
All you have to do is type the word Russia and RC is there before the drop of a hat.

Somekind of secret calling card ?
desertdudeshj

Oct 01, 2009
...........and Barbados ......slummed it there too, Red Chief !!!

The Chief and the Kite are both red !!
That much has already been said,
But whilst Chief saw a WALL,
The Kite had a ball,
And often flew down to the Med !!!!
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 01, 2009
He he.
I see that yesterday was a lucky day for you. Your spam had 20 bucks in the end which you spent for a couple of beer in the pub nearby.

I wonder how little old man needs to start dreaming. Old newspapers probably helped to refresh your faded imagination a lot.
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Oct 01, 2009
Red Chief,

"Little old man,eh? "
Don't worry , Chief!! At 62 years of age , I could work you under the table!! You would NEVER keep up with me when it comes to stamina !! My last day off was in March , and I only sleep about 5 hours a day !

Furthermore. I don't need glasses for ANYTHING [ NEVER HAD GLASSES OR CONTACT LENSES IN MY LIFE ] and can stay on a computer......without suffering eye-ache......until 4.30 AM , like I did this morning. It was 4 am the morning before!!

This "little old man " is 5ft 10 inches tall and has NATURALLY dark brown hair ...[and a full head of it ] !!!

Your ageist attitude is pathetic .......and strange coming from a country where most leaders have been much older than me !!
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 01, 2009
RedKite wrote:Red Chief,

"Little old man,eh? "
Don't worry , Chief!! At 62 years of age ................ and I only sleep about 5 hours a day !

Nothing to do with being fit, your sleep so less cause your afraid that if you go into deep sleep you might not wake up ! :D
desertdudeshj

Oct 02, 2009
Desert Dude !!

You must be JOKING !! When I do sleep.......I sleep like a LOG!! DEEP sleep!

I'm not afraid of ANYTHING!!

But whatever you do DON'T SMOKE ....or you may well not see 52 , let alone 62 like me !!
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 09, 2009
NO replies , I see !!

I reckon it is others who have entered a deep sleep'

WAKEY !!! WAKEY !!!!!
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 09, 2009
Is there anybody therrrrrrre ????
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran