Bank Sues Senior Police Officer

Topic locked
Bank Sues senior Police Officer Aug 20, 2009
viking-warrior
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 20, 2009
OBVIOUSLY no one is wrong

The immovable object meets the irresistable force. Oh hang on, just spotted the flaw - its the lobotomised monkeys in the bank.

Bye bye boys .... :wave:
viking-warrior
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 20, 2009
i did not know a police officer could make that much.
gertrude
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 20, 2009
Welcome to dxb !

He's not just an ordinary police officer !

He's a top most, law enforcement official !

Besides, have you seen the cop cars they use in dubai. BMW 5 Series

Image[/img]
godsent
Dubai Forums Talker

Aug 20, 2009
They apparantly like the German style: ;)

German Polizei: Porsche 997 Carrera S

Latest Brabus rocket: blue style

And international cooperation :D

http://www.polizeicomics.de/resources/1 ... zisten.jpg
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Aug 20, 2009
godsent wrote:Welcome to dxb !

He's not just an ordinary police officer !

He's a top most, law enforcement official !

Besides, have you seen the cop cars they use in dubai. BMW 5 Series

Image[/img]

What exactly is your point?, the Police Cars they use here are selected for reliability, and they are certainly fir for purpose.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aug 20, 2009
the point is not about the cars, it s about how a police officer can have AED19Millions, is the salary that good, or does he have a job on the side?
capsicum
BANNED

Aug 20, 2009
sage & onion wrote:What exactly is your point?, the Police Cars they use here are selected for reliability, and they are certainly fir for purpose.

My point Sage is that police in the UAE are a well equipped force with healthy levels of state funding.

I bet locals in particular, in the police force, arguably have the highest salaries for police officers anywhere in Asia.

Thus it is conceivable to believe that a Dubai police “major general” which sounds pretty high up to me, can be worth 2-3 million USD in assets (properties especially) and savings. Add that with the lack of collateral backed cautionary investing circa pre-collapse of the economy, and you have a law suit of 19 million AED.

Catch my drift like the strong whiff of your morning coffee old man?
:lol:
godsent
Dubai Forums Talker

Aug 20, 2009
godsent wrote:
sage & onion wrote:What exactly is your point?, the Police Cars they use here are selected for reliability, and they are certainly fir for purpose.

My point Sage is that police in the UAE are a well equipped force with healthy levels of state funding.

I bet locals in particular, in the police force, arguably have the highest salaries for police officers anywhere in Asia.

Thus it is conceivable to believe that a Dubai police “major general” which sounds pretty high up to me, can be worth 2-3 million USD in assets (properties especially) and savings. Add that with the lack of collateral backed cautionary investing circa pre-collapse of the economy, and you have a law suit of 19 million AED.

Its easy when you have a salary of 6 figures if not over ( wouldn't be surprised ) per month. Probally sponsor a ton of companies here ( read free money rolling in every year for signing the dotted line once a year ) Have zero expense, since everything is paid for.

Thats atleast and I mean absolute teesy weensy minumum saving of atleast a couple of 100k per month. Probally more
desertdudeshj

Aug 20, 2009
what is the point here ?It has nothing to do with his income, it's just a bank credit .

this is a classic story of a bank giving a credit for stock market trade ! all banks do it and 80% of locals trading in stocks market do it. banks use to be so easy in giving credit to such trading but winning or loosing you have to pay it back in 3 days, I can get up to 4m credit with a phone call to my bank .

but the thing is that they both can manipulate this !! we trade by calling our bank representative and asks him to buy or sell, and it happened before that they misuse this trust or (stupidity) and use your money without your authorization !! and the other way around, he could've lost a lot in the market and gave this excuse so he wont be responsible for the 19m, who knows.

But he is fu** if he doesn't fix this believe it or not in Dubai police such cases may cause him his job.
uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Aug 20, 2009
uaekid wrote:what is the point here ?It has nothing to do with his income, it's just a bank credit .

this is a classic story of a bank giving a credit for stock market trade ! all banks do it and 80% of locals trading in stocks market do it. banks use to be so easy in giving credit to such trading but winning or loosing you have to pay it back in 3 days, I can get up to 4m credit with a phone call to my bank .

but the thing is that they both can manipulate this !! we trade by calling our bank representative and asks him to buy or sell, and it happened before that they misuse this trust or (stupidity) and use your money without your authorization !! and the other way around, he could've lost a lot in the market and gave this excuse so he wont be responsible for the 19m, who knows.

But he is fu** if he doesn't fix this believe it or not in Dubai police such cases may cause him his job.

Read the article carefully kid, not selectively: "The officer opened with the bank an investor's account and deposited around Dh4 million& the investor's account allowed the officer to get credit facilities and trade in stocks up to a limit worth three times the amount he banked....." He deposited DH4 million of his own money!!!!

The only thing I have to say is: HA HA HA HA HA Another entry into the "Dubai Joke Book".
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Aug 20, 2009
So thats where Zack Shahin's bail money went

viking-warrior
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 20, 2009
BB, AED4m is not a big amount any more, any punk can deposit that amount.

And I don't know what's the connection between him being a major general and the case. That can happen with any investor or bank client.
With Dhahi Khalfan on top, there's no way that he could have swindled that from Dubai police.

It's so simple, a bank suing a client, that's all.
Metaphor79
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 20, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:
uaekid wrote:what is the point here ?It has nothing to do with his income, it's just a bank credit .

Read the article carefully kid, not selectively: "The officer opened with the bank an investor's account and deposited around Dh4 million& the investor's account allowed the officer to get credit facilities and trade in stocks up to a limit worth three times the amount he banked....." He deposited DH4 million of his own money!!!!

The only thing I have to say is: HA HA HA HA HA Another entry into the "Dubai Joke Book".

And? everyone can do it and are doing it when trading here, again it is a daily thing. maybe this is a big amount to you and me but not to those investing in stocks market. beside 4m is nothing now. not in UAE. haven't you noted ? :D
uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Aug 20, 2009
I'll vouch for that Ukid, 4 mill ain't no mind boggling amount. I know people paying almost 500 grand daily in margin calls.
Whoever advises the general screwed up big time. These guys probably had some inside information that did'nt come through.
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 20, 2009
Yeah come to think of it 4 mil dooesn't have the same ring it use to it have. A few high end coupes and SUV's and you have some change left to gas them up
desertdudeshj

Aug 20, 2009
Just looked down the back of the cushions on the sofa ..... and ....

$1.2 million, must have forgotten it had fallen out of my wallet. Do you even stop to think sometimes, thats 50% of Bangladesh's GDP !
viking-warrior
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 21, 2009
godsent wrote:

An inside source told me that the entire Dubai monthly police budget is now being bankrolled directly by AD.
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 21, 2009
Speedhump wrote:An inside source told me that the entire Dubai monthly police budget is now being bankrolled directly by AD.

If the rumour mills are correct that’s not the only thing that’s being bankrolled/ acquired by AD at the moment.
godsent
Dubai Forums Talker

Aug 22, 2009
godsent wrote:
Speedhump wrote:An inside source told me that the entire Dubai monthly police budget is now being bankrolled directly by AD.

If the rumour mills are correct that’s not the only thing that’s being bankrolled/ acquired by AD at the moment.

Just imagine if the GCC had issued their own GCC currency by now. You would have two opposite parties (example) Dubai vs. Qatar.

Dubai government: "Print Print Print mo money!!! Inflate my economy and raise my nominal price levels to counter investors/private perception", while...

Qatar government would say: "Are you kidding me! We have been running tight budgets for years now and you wanna inflate my nations savings away!? Stop the printing presses, No way AD (UAE CB), you ain't doing that!!!!" :D

KSA Central Bank says: "Glad we didn't give the UAE our GCC Central Bank", they can loan the sharia compliant money from us instead... ;)

Funny how things go when debt panic is around the corner. :lol:
RobbyG

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat