Blackberry Battery Problem

Topic locked
Blackberry battery problem Jul 13, 2009
Hi, I received a message 2 days back apparently from Etisalat asking to install a performance patch on my blackberry. After downloading, the fully charged battery drains like in 2 hours. Went to Etisalat today and they confirmed the battery problem caused by a virus in that download message and they are trying to fix it.
Anyone having the same issue?

janathar
Dubai Forums Member

Jul 14, 2009
only 2 solutions:

1) www.berryuae.com

2) buy a new blackberry from Etisalat !!!!!!
lifegauge
Dubai Forum User

Jul 14, 2009
did you see the link i posted? there's detailed instructions there on how to format the blackberry...
lifegauge
Dubai Forum User

Jul 15, 2009
OK here's the solution and there's no need to format the blackberry.
Go to
Options on the main Screen Menu
Go to Advanced Options
Click on Applications
Scroll Down to "Registration" and click on it then Edit Permissions. There you will see "Allow" in front of
Connections
Interactions
User Date

Change all to "Deny"

Safe the current permissions.
Blackberry will ask to reboot, click Yes
and the problem is solved. No more battery drain because of that stupid so called performance enhancing patch of Etisalat.

BTW as per Gulf News, this patch was actually sent to monitor your blackberry including BB messenger conversations.

http://www.gulfnews.com/nation/Technology/10331680.html
janathar
Dubai Forums Member

Jul 15, 2009
The rationale for users suggesting this "fix" is because the Patch sent by Etisalat to your BlackBerry constantly tries to "call home", to communicate with Etisalat's servers, hence the battery drain.

If you think that just by disabling the Patch's ability to connect back to Etisalat's servers is a solution, you cannot be further from the truth. You may no longer be experiencing battery drain, but you will be wasting your device memory. The Patch continues to try to call home, even though it can't, hence it may cause memory drain. You'll start to realize that your BlackBerry is performing worse than it used to, perhaps slower, because of this.

It's up to the readers of course, what to believe. But for me, I'm taking the opportunity to clean up my BlackBerry and make it as good as new by following the instructions posted on www.berryuae.com
lifegauge
Dubai Forum User

Jul 15, 2009
OK, did the formatting through the link you posted, can't see that culprit anymore in my applications list.
janathar
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai high tech talkForum Rules

Return to Dubai high tech talk