Blackberry - Locked Or Unlocked

Topic locked
Blackberry - Locked or Unlocked Apr 09, 2009
Whats the difference between buying a locked BB from Etisalat or an unlocked one from the open market.

One benefit I find with the unlocked one is that I can use it with the local sim when I travel for extended period or if I have to move from UAE i can take it with me.

Has anyone used the Etisalat packages (local / global unlimited) with an unlocked BB.

Thanks.

vizkids
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jun 04, 2009
Some locked phone wont allow you to download 3rd party software such as iPhone. not sure much about Blackberry but i would assume it may applie the same case.
voicebootcamp
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jun 04, 2009
i am using an Etislut BB which was LOCKED even when i bought it w/o a contract wanna say w/o Etislut subsidy!
since Etislut is the one & only importer for BB you cant get it unlocked from these bastards.
Anyways worked fine but only with the Etislut Postpaid card from the already existing contract.
Bought an unlock code from CAN and got it within a couple of minutes unlocked now it works fine worldwide with any SIM card.
The only thing is you are waiting for ages to get an unlock code from the suppliers... any in the web will do, reckon i paid 48CAN$
M!
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Blackberry - Locked Or Unlocked May 25, 2014
vizkids ,With locked phones you cannot use any sim from different provider while unlock phones let you choose your desire sim and use it.
clixsense
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai high tech talkForum Rules

Return to Dubai high tech talk