Starting In Jumeirah

Topic locked
Starting in Jumeirah Feb 02, 2006
I know theres another forum regarding accommodation but a little bit of feedback would be appreciated. We're thinking of taking serviced rooms in Jumeirah for the first month or two we're out there until we find an apartment on SZR. How much is a taxi from Jumeirah to main business centers? Is it a good place to start off?

Dutchtoon
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: Starting in Jumeirah Feb 02, 2006
Dutchtoon wrote:I know theres another forum regarding accommodation but a little bit of feedback would be appreciated. We're thinking of taking serviced rooms in Jumeirah for the first month or two we're out there until we find an apartment on SZR. How much is a taxi from Jumeirah to main business centers? Is it a good place to start off?

What part of Jumeirah? I mean, its very big.... From Umm Sequim area to Media City its about 18 Dhs I guess. Not that expensive imo...
Defo
Dubai Forums Talker

Feb 02, 2006
not sure yet, the ad just said Jumeirah, will investigate and get back.
Dutchtoon
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Feb 02, 2006
Jumeirah 1 to Oud Metha Road/Wafi City/ Lamcy Plaza about DH17
Jumeirah 1 to Maktoum Road about DH20
Jumeirah 1 to City Centre about DH20
Look up a post a while back that tells you charges per km and flag fall.
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 02, 2006
merci GAB.
Dutchtoon
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Feb 02, 2006
Where will you be working? City Centre BTW is a shopping mall...thought I should explain that one. :oops:
Defo is right Jumeirah is big, so it makes a diff where you are. Easy access to Sheikh Zayed Road from Al Wasl Road and Jumeirah Beach Road (full on road works on JB road tho').
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 02, 2006
Especially Jumeirah Beach Road is full of construction... :roll:

So Dutchtoon, ''landgenoot'' :wink: (ja, ik kom ook uit Nederland), I would really check on the exact location in Jumeirah... If u can see on a map of Dubai, its huge...
Defo
Dubai Forums Talker

Feb 02, 2006
Worst case scenareo JBH to Deira 45 Dhs
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Feb 02, 2006
cheers, closer to SZR the better. Working probably in one of the citibank towers (oud metha)

I aint dutch btw, from Newcastle, hence the toon, have a scottish accent (which I've never forgiven my parents for) and been living in Amsterdam for the last 5 years. Dutchtoon is my moniker on skunkers.net and I thought I'd keep it.

Mijn nederlans niet zo goed maar ik kan probeer
Dutchtoon
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

posting in Accommodation in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Accommodation in Dubai