Second Hand Book Stores

Topic locked
second hand book stores Jan 29, 2006
hello everyone
hope your year so far is going good..or even great!!...fayz and moonbaby..it was nice great to meet up finally!!...hey does anyone know where i can find second hand book stores...as i dont want to spend too much on hardbacks...or brand new books...unless i love the authors...anybody know of any?
cheers
me

constantine
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: second hand book stores Jan 29, 2006
constantine wrote:hello everyone
hope your year so far is going good..or even great!!...fayz and moonbaby..it was nice great to meet up finally!!...hey does anyone know where i can find second hand book stores...as i dont want to spend too much on hardbacks...or brand new books...unless i love the authors...anybody know of any?
cheers
me

It was nice meeting up with you as well, for shisha i'm there, for a movie on Wafi rooftop i'm there, books though, you are on your own hahahahaha.

Seriously there is a pretty good used book store on Diyafa near the Rotana.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Jan 30, 2006
Yes, the House of Prose book stores are great, you trade in your old books and pick up other ones there.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 30, 2006
book of prose...cool will check it out!!...thanks guys...movie wafi roop top sounds like a good idea...hey fayz...going to traders vic tom...if you interested?...lemme know..will call ya laterz...take it easy!!...
constantine
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jan 30, 2006
There are two House of Proses.

One is in Jumeriah Plaza, the pink coloured mall just south of Magrudy's mall on Beach Road (you can walk to it from Magrudy's mall).

The other is at Ibn Battuta mall - however you access it from OUTSIDE Andalucia court. It's in what was a big carpark next to Geant, but is now a construction site for a new Movenpick hotel.
secretdubai
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jan 31, 2006
nice to have you back secret.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Jan 31, 2006
Thanks! I never left, I'm just a bit intermittent here.
secretdubai
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jan 31, 2006
there are a couple of places down Karama way too. you just have to hit the place on foot and you'll find them. there is one just down from Lulu's and another more towards Bur Dubai way opposite Burjuman centre in a little road just off the main road. can't remember the name off hand but i've got the flyer at home and i'll post it soon as i remeber.
House of Prose is still my favourite though.
moonbaby
Dubai Forums Member

Jan 31, 2006
One good thing about House of Prose - you can resell them all the books you buy from them, they will pay half price. (The only exception is books in their discount bin I think). Plus you can sell other books that you have.

The nice thing about buying slightly battered books is you feel less bad if you spill water on them while reading at the swimming pool or beach, and so on.
secretdubai
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 01, 2006
Hey there all,

Was at House of Prose on Jumeirah road just yesterday and its HEAVEN!!! There is a huge selection of books for around 20 aed in general.... and they give you 50% reduction on your next purchase if you bring it back. Its a lovely quant l'il ole place! DEF worth a visit.

If oyu can pick up the new Dubai Explorer, just out at 75 aed i think. its got lotsa good info like that in there.....
Louloute
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat