UAE Introduces Multiple-entry Visa For Property Owners

Topic locked
UAE introduces multiple-entry visa for property owners May 02, 2009
Too many limitation and inconvenience though. Is it enough to persuade foreigners to buy property? If dropping is as much speed as before there will be no property worth a million very soon. :)

At the other hand wealthy people aren't keen very much to prove that they aren't a camel twice a year.

http://www.gulfnews.com/nation/Immigrat ... 09660.html

Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Re: UAE introduces multiple-entry visa for property owners May 03, 2009
Red Chief wrote:Too many limitation and inconvenience though. Is it enough to persuade foreigners to buy property? If dropping is as much speed as before there will be no property worth a million very soon. :)

At the other hand wealthy people aren't keen very much to prof that they aren't a camel twice a year.

It's a start at least.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

May 03, 2009
what more are expecting here sage? I mean what are the negative sides of UAE visa as you see it ? what could be done or changed to make it more desirable ?
uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

May 03, 2009
Well originally, with many properties a selling point was investors were told they could apply for a residency visa.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 03, 2009
uaekid wrote:what more are expecting here sage? I mean what are the negative sides of UAE visa as you see it ? what could be done or changed to make it more desirable ?

Don't worry, Kid, your sweetest desire about life without expats is coming true. :) It's visible...

2Sage It looks like a step forward but two steps backward.
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

May 03, 2009
This is a sign that the prices will still be going down...
Snow
Dubai forums Addict

May 03, 2009
Snow wrote:This is a sign that the prices will still be going down...

I guess so but not in AD, it is crazzzzzzzzy, my brother is trying to get a 3 or 4 bedroom villa and offering a 350,000 but no luck for a month now, he is homeless LOL
uaekid

May 03, 2009
uaekid wrote:

I guess so but not in AD, it is crazzzzzzzzy, my brother is trying to get a 3 or 4 bedroom villa and offering a 350,000 but no luck for a month now, he is homeless LOL

350K for free-hold?
:shock:
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

May 03, 2009
350K to buy for freehold?

There has to be a mistake there. Or do you mean Rent?
dresden
Dubai chat master

May 03, 2009
I assume ur bro is looking on rent @ this amnt. If so you can msg me his contact no, and I can try to help him.

Kind Rgds.

Red Chief wrote:
uaekid wrote:

350K for free-hold?
gdsurdy
Dubai Forums Member

Red Chief wrote:Too many limitation and inconvenience though. Is it enough to persuade foreigners to buy property? If dropping is as much speed as before there will be no property worth a million very soon. :)

At the other hand wealthy people aren't keen very much to prove that they aren't a camel twice a year.

agree!
if someone is looking to buy long term, then why would he go thro' the trouble of renewing the permit every 6 month.. n tht too he has to go back n re enter assuming tht he has met the required conditions again...

too much of uncertainity... n wht if my aprtment was worth 1.2 million when i bought it n now its worth 900k.. do i loose the permit...
xdude
Dubai Forums Frequenter

A year ago many foreigners could consider UAE property as a good investment. So they didn't need a visa at all.

Now this property could only be a second home as an escape from cold weather in the home country. Who could buy it without full confidence of visiting own property at any time?
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

May 03, 2009
so what happens to the freehold properties then? i tot this comes with 10 year visa?
portland
Dubai Expat Helper

May 03, 2009
So Nice so far!....
Sharp
Dubai Expat Helper

May 04, 2009
That new law or regulation is the biggest joke. :roll: Most tourists and visitors get 6 month visas upon entry to Europe ( I know because I get one on my American passport) and they don't need to own a $300K home in Europe to be eligible for this visitor visa.

I currently reside in Asia and have a multiple entry visa in my passport which I paid $100 for. That visa is a multiple entry visa for 90 days which is valid for 5 years. Taiwanese people also get 5 year multiple entry visas to the US which are valid for 6 months tay that cost $100.

Again their new residence policies for those that buy homes in Dubai or invest in Dubai are nothing more then a joke as they obviously don't want people residing in their country. This just shows that they just want to milk people out of their money :violent1:
Stylinexpat
Dubai forums Addict

May 04, 2009
Stylinexpat wrote:That new law or regulation is the biggest joke. :roll: Most tourists and visitors get 6 month visas upon entry to Europe ( I know because I get one on my American passport) and they don't need to own a $300K home in Europe to be eligible for this visitor visa.

I currently reside in Asia and have a multiple entry visa in my passport which I paid $100 for. That visa is a multiple entry visa for 90 days which is valid for 5 years. Taiwanese people also get 5 year multiple entry visas to the US which are valid for 6 months tay that cost $100.

Again their new residence policies for those that buy homes in Dubai or invest in Dubai are nothing more then a joke as they obviously don't want people residing in their country. This just shows that they just want to milk people out of their money :violent1:

this law is for UAE not only Dubai.
they certainly can not apply every countries policies in here . I mean every expat wants all laws to fit his needs !god know even the locals do. which is impossible ,don't you think ?
The joke is you thinking they are running after your pennies ! you are always welcome to stay in Asia for your won comfort with your *American passport

where is robbyG ? this is a juciy topic for him and his grap :lol: maybe he is busy changing airplanes oil :lol:
uaekid

May 04, 2009
uaekid wrote:
Stylinexpat wrote:That new law or regulation is the biggest joke. :roll: Most tourists and visitors get 6 month visas upon entry to Europe ( I know because I get one on my American passport) and they don't need to own a $300K home in Europe to be eligible for this visitor visa.

this law is for UAE not only Dubai.
they certainly can not apply every countries policies in here . I mean every expat wants all laws to fit his needs !god know even the locals do. which is impossible ,don't you think ?
The joke is you thinking they are running after your pennies ! you are always welcome to stay in Asia for your won comfort with your *American passport

where is robbyG ? this is a juciy topic for him and his grap :lol: maybe he is busy changing airplanes oil :lol:

You should see all their advertisements and marketing tactics in Asia then :wink: One would have figured that they would give buyers or investors a little more comfort for buying or investing their country. After all it is the buyers that contribute to growth in the UAE because without those buyers there would pretty much be no growth period.

PS: Out of curiosity, how long of a visa do you get with your passport upon entry to Europe??
Stylinexpat
Dubai forums Addict

May 04, 2009
"because without those buyers there would pretty much be no growth period."

so you think UAE growth depend on selling real estate ?LOL
uaekid

May 04, 2009
uaekid wrote:so you think UAE growth depend on selling real estate ?LOL

I think they need to sell some to avoid losses.
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

May 04, 2009
uaekid wrote:where is robbyG ? this is a juciy topic for him and his grap :lol: maybe he is busy changing airplanes oil :lol:

RobbyG was unable to log on to DF.

This forum needs lubrication. Its getting cranky!

Not juicy enough for me Kid :lol:
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

May 04, 2009
RobbyG wrote:RobbyG was unable to log on to DF.

How come? Have you found a job? May I congratulate you?
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

May 04, 2009
Red Chief wrote:
RobbyG wrote:RobbyG was unable to log on to DF.

How come? Have you found a job? May I congratulate you?

To only answer the sarcasm of it: Yes, progress in the works 8)
RobbyG

May 04, 2009
No sarcasm at all... only care...
:D :D :D
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

May 04, 2009
Red Chief wrote:No, sarcasm at all... only care...
:D :D :D

Good to hear you have some heart for me left 8)

Anyway: I'm picky :wink:
RobbyG

May 04, 2009
uaekid wrote:"because without those buyers there would pretty much be no growth period."

so you think UAE growth depend on selling real estate ?LOL

A lot of growth depends on real estate.. Real Estate offices formed which created jobs for real estate brokers, demand for offices,demand for furniture, demand for cell phones, demand for telephone calls (Etisalat reports growth after :wink: ), demand for transportation which creates growth for car sales, those working created higher demand for food which created growth in food sales and the list goes on and on :wink:

All the Spinney's Supermarkets and other Hyper Markets wouldn't have much business if it weren't for all the expats in Dubai. The fact is the more people you have the better it is for your economy.
Stylinexpat
Dubai forums Addict

May 04, 2009
I was at Ibn Battuta Mall today at around 1:00 and it was absolutely dead! Something is definitely going on. You could walk a straight line there whereas you had to dodge around people to get where you were going.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

May 05, 2009
Its Monday ... did u see the crowd on weekends
worldguy
Dubai forums Addict

May 05, 2009
The fact of the matter remains that these 'laws' that change evrytime the wind blows the other way are designed to extort money on a regular basis. 1 mil is the average family mans 1-2 bed apt. Add interest over 20 years, maint costs per sq foot and the visa renewal charges as well as ticket cost to exit post six months and the fact that your not allowed to work doesnt make it any better. Its a scam like most things here. Im sure they have a bunch of shrewd guys in an office who come up with these brain storms. Expat money is hard earned after paying for evrything from meds to school bills to electricity. There is no even platform between the expat and local if were half as smart wed realise we are given the name expat for a reason. Unplug and see the truth........Ive just booked a house in my home country it costs me one fourth the price here.. cant wait to go back.. Im determined to have the last laugh..Insha Allah
olivertwisted
Dubai Forums Frequenter

May 05, 2009
Here is an update to this new visa joke for investors in the UAE.
http://www.arabianbusiness.com/554597-u ... as-ruling-
http://www.gulfnews.com/nation/Immigrat ... 10788.html

As mentioned in the Gulf News:
The visa can be renewed once the person leaves the country.

Servants,maids and laborers don't need to leave every 6 months pretty much because the local would have to pay for their return tickets and their brokerage fees lol... Yet investors get a visa and not residency for investing 1 million Dhms. in the UAE. :roll: A whole 6 months too might I add lol :lol:
We can see that civilization still needs some time here in Dubai.
Stylinexpat
Dubai forums Addict

May 05, 2009
olivertwisted wrote:The fact of the matter remains that these 'laws' that change evrytime the wind blows the other way are designed to extort money on a regular basis. 1 mil is the average family mans 1-2 bed apt. Add interest over 20 years, maint costs per sq foot and the visa renewal charges as well as ticket cost to exit post six months and the fact that your not allowed to work doesnt make it any better. Its a scam like most things here. Im sure they have a bunch of shrewd guys in an office who come up with these brain storms. Expat money is hard earned after paying for evrything from meds to school bills to electricity. There is no even platform between the expat and local if were half as smart wed realise we are given the name expat for a reason. Unplug and see the truth........Ive just booked a house in my home country it costs me one fourth the price here.. cant wait to go back.. Im determined to have the last laugh..Insha Allah

You need to see what they charge for community fees in JLT if you buy a bedroom unit every year. That alone is beyond what you pay in taxes in any country. If you have bought any new home in any of these newly developed area you will know what they get you for in service fees and community fees. I know this first hand as I owned 2 units in Saba Tower II in JLT.
Stylinexpat
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat