Leasing

Topic locked
Leasing Apr 01, 2009
I'm going to university in Ajman this september. I'm 19 and I wonder if I could lease an 2009 Audi A4 but due to my age i'm afraid that I will get denied. I have a good credit history here at home. (Toronto, Canada). Prices, downpayments are no problem for me. I would like to lease the car for atleast 2-4 years.

Ruskie
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 03, 2009
find the address of car rental/lease points here
asif.ahmed
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Apr 03, 2009
So you're saying that you can lease any car you want you just need to tell them?
Ruskie
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 05, 2009
Ruskie wrote:So you're saying that you can lease any car you want you just need to tell them?

To be frank I've heard about leasing only from one rental company. As I calculated some small car from Hertz the leasing would be even more expensive than buying for cash. Actually it was only 40% cheaper than renting on monthly basis...

So I don't think that leasing here is exactly the same as in Canada...

As for financing (much better option here) only banks do such kind of the service in the UAE. They need your stable salary going to your account in the bank ( a statement for last 3 months).
Pay attention Audi/Volvo and Fucken Wagen are very unpopular brands in the UAE. So they have relatively low resale value after 2 years...

You'll also need UAE driving license...
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Apr 06, 2009
Thanks for the infomation. But what if I'm in school but in my bank account there is roughly 25 grand in there. Would they accept it?
Ruskie
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 06, 2009
Ruskie Leashing is diffrent from what your used to in Canada. there is no option to buy or anything. Basically your renting it on a long term basis.

Budget rent a car will get you any car you want brand new from the showroom if they don't have one in the fleet as long as you pay what they ask and sign a long term contract, usually one year.

BTW don't be like the usual expat and blow all your dough on flashy bling bling. You can buy a very decent 2nd motor for very cheap here. Since your under 21 insurance will be a little high. Much cheaper than your used to paying in Canada and on a yearly basis and not monthly.

If you have craving of flash cars. rent out one once in a while for the weekend then and now.
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Apr 06, 2009
I don't consider the 2009 Audi A4 bling bling. It's only roughly 35 grand here in Canada. That's pretty average for a 4door sedan. So it's better to fiance is what you're saying?
Ruskie
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 06, 2009
You really need to get down here and see what its like.

VERY different from Canada.
dresden
Dubai chat master

Apr 06, 2009
Ruskie wrote:I don't consider the 2009 Audi A4 bling bling. It's only roughly 35 grand here in Canada. That's pretty average for a 4door sedan. So it's better to fiance is what you're saying?

Financing actualy is the only option (if available for you), but Toyota/Honda would be better option for yr. pocket (20K for Camry/Accord).

If you want some luxuary BMW is better anyway, even in terms of resale value...
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Apr 06, 2009
I understand where you are coming from. I actually have a BMW X5 and it's transmission broke and it cost me 5 grand to repair. BMW's are just too expensive to fix. So I guess I'll visit Al Nabooda show rooms for the newest Audi's because frankly they are the only ones selling them. They should have leasing or financing options correct?

@dresden
Yes, I will be there very shortly. I just thought the middle east had a vast amount of every type of car since it's the only way to get around U.A.E
Ruskie
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 06, 2009
Ruskie wrote:I understand where you are coming from. I actually have a BMW X5 and it's transmission broke and it cost me 5 grand to repair. BMW's are just too expensive to fix. So I guess I'll visit Al Nabooda show rooms for the newest Audi's because frankly they are the only ones selling them. They should have leasing or financing options correct?

The first version of X5 was very unreliable vehicle. That's true. By the way I don't have anything in common with my avatar. 8)

I meant BMW 3d series, as a car with better resale value and possibility to sale rather quickly after 2-4 years.

As for repairing every non-japanese car is a problem here, especially MB has been permanetly losing its market share due to poor reliability and lack of professional mechanics...

I don't have experience with Audi, because it looks like there is more Cayene than Audi all models combined in the UAE.

I've never heard about leasing option from a dealer here (only read in one ad). Even financing is a problem now due to financial crisis.
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Apr 06, 2009
Hmm, I understand yeah. BMW 3 Series are nice but you get bored of them very quickly. A Lexus on the other hand.... Really good. I just want a nice white 4door sedan :)

LOL at the avatar.
Ruskie
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 07, 2009
I just found a nice white 2008 BMW 320 for only 100,000 AED. It only had 2,200 KM on it/Premium Package. I guess the owner got fired and is having to leave the country. Sucks, that I'm not coming till later on :(
Ruskie
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 07, 2009
Ruskie wrote:I just found a nice white 2008 BMW 320 for only 100,000 AED. It only had 2,200 KM on it/Premium Package. I guess the owner got fired and is having to leave the country. Sucks, that I'm not coming till later on :(

There is a cheap underpowered I4 inside 320 but girls cannot see it. :?
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Apr 07, 2009
hahahahahhahah
Ruskie
Dubai Forums Member

May 10, 2009
Al Nabooda has a new leasing section where you can lease and have an option to buy the car later on. Maybe its worth checking out??
hamadl
Dubai Forums Talker

May 10, 2009
Its pretty common I believe. Its called a "buy back option" where at the end of the term, you can purchase the car for a reduced value.

However, it is not really cost effective as you will end up spending way more money than if you had financed the car initially./
dresden
Dubai chat master

posting in Dubai AutoForum Rules

Return to Dubai Auto