Outstanding And Unsatisfactory Schools In Dubai Named

Topic locked
Outstanding and unsatisfactory schools in Dubai named Apr 02, 2009
Dubai: The first ever quality evaluation report of Dubai schools is now open to public.

Four schools have been rated as outstanding while six others were marked unsatisfactory.

Dubai Schools Inspection Bureau (DSIB) put the first inspection summary reports onto the Knowledge and Human Development Authority’s (KHDA’s) website (www.khda.gov.ae) on Thursday morning.

The report classifies schools into four performance categories – outstanding, good, acceptable and unsatisfactory.

Outstanding schools are: Jumeirah College (A Branch of Premier Schools International LLC), Jumeirah English Speaking School, Jumeirah English Speaking School (Branch), Kings Dubai.

And the unsatisfactory schools include: Arab Unity School, DEANS International School, Grammar School, Star International School-Al Twar, The Oxford School, Al Ameen Pvt. School.

The reports from the first batch of 69 schools, which were inspected, also highlight key findings from the inspections, particularly the strengths of the school and recommendations for improvement.

http://archive.gulfnews.com/nation/Educ ... 00570.html

quatroporte
Dubai chat master

Apr 02, 2009
Awesome. My old school, Arab Unity, is in the bad list. Frankly I don't see how they could be blamed for retarded students. I remember that Arab Unity used to take in just about anyone who could pay the fees. Heck, I was one of the better students there. All my classmates turned out fine, including the ones who I thought won't amount to much.

I'm glad muh daddy din't pay fur some snooty upperclass school who selectively enrolled nerds an' den bragged aboot 100% pass rates. He saved enuf money to send me to an $18k/year American college on his salary of only Dhs 8k/month at the time.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Apr 02, 2009
Here is the full list.

quatroporte
Dubai chat master

Apr 02, 2009
gtmash wrote:Awesome. My old school, Arab Unity, is in the bad list.

They have a better rating by votes from parents, students, teachers than JC which was on the outstanding list :). Here's a complete KHDA inspection list with comparisons for the top and bottom ranked schools.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Apr 02, 2009
i hope the top ranking schools dont use this as an opportunity to hike their fee
Mayflower
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Apr 03, 2009
Very interesting information. One wonders what action will be taken for Schools that are rated as unsatisfactory?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Apr 03, 2009
Indian, Pakistani and Iranian schools are yet to be rated!
The reports of these schools should be interesting, considering that they have the largest foot-falls!
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 03, 2009
Misery Called Life wrote:Indian, Pakistani and Iranian schools are yet to be rated!
The reports of these schools should be interesting, considering that they have the largest foot-falls!

yes I totally agree with you...

by the way I graduated high school with a CBSE syllabus which those schools are not mentioned on the list
quatroporte
Dubai chat master

Apr 03, 2009
sage & onion wrote:Very interesting information. One wonders what action will be taken for Schools that are rated as unsatisfactory?

in my opinion... the idea of this list is to NAME THE SHAME..

I think publicity naming those unsatisfactory schools in the media will force those schools to work on their reputation...

yet, i still believe the government should make sure certain standards to be consistent across all the schools
quatroporte
Dubai chat master

Apr 03, 2009
quatroporte wrote:by the way I graduated high school with a CBSE syllabus which those schools are not mentioned on the list

They will be inspected later since they have an April - March academic year.
bonk

Apr 03, 2009
sage & onion wrote:Very interesting information. One wonders what action will be taken for Schools that are rated as unsatisfactory?

Permitted fee increases vary depending on rating. Nothing further this time around but closure could be a consequence eventually.
bonk

Apr 03, 2009
quatroporte wrote:
Misery Called Life wrote:Indian, Pakistani and Iranian schools are yet to be rated!

by the way I graduated high school with a CBSE syllabus which those schools are not mentioned on the list

Wow, I thought you were Lebanese, for some reason. If you are Lebanese AND did CBSE, you have my respect. :lol:
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Apr 04, 2009

Well, these poor schools can now increase their fees by only 7% per year. The other ones now can increase fees by 15% per year just for doing what they are supposed to do. Good for Dubai’s inflation rate.
bezor
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 04, 2009
bezor wrote:

Well, these poor schools can now increase their fees by only 7% per year. The other ones now can increase fees by 15% per year just for doing what they are supposed to do. Good for Dubai’s inflation rate.

I guess thats an improvement over the increases recently reported.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Apr 04, 2009
gtmash wrote:
quatroporte wrote:

Wow, I thought you were Lebanese, for some reason. If you are Lebanese AND did CBSE, you have my respect. :lol:

well I am Lebanese, and my parents didn't want to pay $$$$ for a western school!!! I moved to CBSE from level 6 onwards...
quatroporte
Dubai chat master

Slightly at a tangent Apr 04, 2009
I've been a teacher for a long time.
I have now moved into SAT training. We are a small group which is moving into online teaching. Some of us have done that with a fair deal of success.
While online teaching can never substitute a school it can be used by schools to improve curriculum delivery.
Most of the schools including the one's in the top 10 of Dubai are sorely lacking in this area of computer education (not literacy).
vistasad
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 04, 2009
With the high cost of education and some of the schools receiving bad reports - makes homeschooling appear like a pretty good option now.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Apr 04, 2009
quatroporte wrote:
gtmash wrote:
quatroporte wrote:

well I am Lebanese, and my parents didn't want to pay $$$$ for a western school!!! I moved to CBSE from level 6 onwards...

I'm just curious, so (maserati?) quatroporte, in retrospect would u say that u r pleased with ur CBSE educations, or would u have rather gone to an arab school or one of those western schools?
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 04, 2009
Misery Called Life wrote:
quatroporte wrote:
gtmash wrote:
quatroporte wrote:

I'm just curious, so (maserati?) quatroporte, in retrospect would u say that u r pleased with ur CBSE educations, or would u have rather gone to an arab school or one of those western schools?

at firsd I cursed the day I joined CBSE... coz it was so bloody difficult... but when I joined university... there was a huge gap between us who are CBSE educated from the other education mediums... we simply were the top students not because we are smart... because everything was so easy compared to what we studied in high school...

school days were amazing and I made real friends since then

I am so pleased... and proud that I finished CBSE levels... :)
quatroporte
Dubai chat master

Apr 04, 2009
^^^^ Dude thanx for the valuable insight!
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat