The Weather In Dubai

Topic locked
The Weather in Dubai Mar 21, 2009
Gooday everyone,How are you all? Im interested in knowing what sort of daytime temperatures you get in Dubai in Summer? I reckon Adelaide can give you a run for your money with the last burst of heat coupled with the worst Bushfires Ive ever seen in Victoria 2 days later.Man was it hot!!

Adventure1
Dubai Forum Visitor

Mar 21, 2009
Daytime remperatures range from

27-33 in March

30-36 in April
34-39 in May

38-45 from June through August....
BlackburnRovers
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 21, 2009
Thank you for your response.The temperatures are similar to Adelaide in Summer.We hand a" heatwave" just before those bushfires for two weeks where it was above 37.C everyday.There was one day it peaked at 45.8C I was riding my bicycle to work and it was like riding in a fan forced oven.When I got to work I looked like a tomato ,all I needed was the dressing!
Adventure1
Dubai Forum Visitor

Mar 22, 2009
You also have to consider the humidity levels. Feeling like riding in a fan-forced oven is way much better than feeling like riding inside a bowl of hot curry soup.
yujinn
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 22, 2009
Mr Adventure1, I've lived in Adelaide for 9 years and Dubai for 1 year. Adelaide's summer has nothing on the UAE, it is much hotter here.

Adelaide gets 'heatwaves' where it is hot for a week or so, then a cool change comes in and the temperature drops 15 degrees then it slowly heats up again.

Dubai gets 'heatmonths'. It is bloody hot here for about 6 months, and for at least 3 of those there is an almost constant temperature of over 40. It doesn't have the heatwave/coolchange cycle that Adelaide has.

Also the humidity like yujinn said. Adelaide has very dry summers, but here in July it can be 47 in the daytime and humid at night.
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

Mar 22, 2009
dont listen to them.. for me its just fine during May til Sept.... OK riding in summertime my KTM in the Desert after 0200 pm is a kinda exhausting but much better than freezing during Oct - Feb on it
Cannot wait until i can rid of my Sweaters and enjoy longsleeved shirts... but on the other hand it wont take long until it comes back to freezing temps inside any stupid building/ office etc pp ... :evil:
M!
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 22, 2009
M! wrote:dont listen to them.. for me its just fine during May til Sept.... OK riding in summertime my KTM in the Desert after 0200 pm is a kinda exhausting but much better than freezing during Oct - Feb on it
Cannot wait until i can rid of my Sweaters and enjoy longsleeved shirts... but on the other hand it wont take long until it comes back to freezing temps inside any stupid building/ office etc pp ... :evil:

What are you from Venus? ;-)

It was 37 the other week (March!), and last summer it hit 48.5. But yes, some of my co-workers appear to be polar bears in suits and prefer the office temp to be -12 Celsius.

Ok, I actually work near Shahama, which is 80Ks south of Dubai and further into the desert than any human should venture so maybe I'm thinking of it being a little hotter than Dubai central.
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

Mar 22, 2009
Awesome, we should play tennis in July. I'll bring the saline drip. :-)
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

Mar 22, 2009
Captain Australia wrote:Awesome, we should play tennis in July. I'll bring the saline drip. :-)

September may be better because that's when the humidity is at its highest.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Mar 23, 2009
M! wrote:dont listen to them.. for me its just fine during May til Sept.... OK riding in summertime my KTM in the Desert after 0200 pm is a kinda exhausting but much better than freezing during Oct - Feb on it

I like the summer as well.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Mar 23, 2009
Its terrible is July and Aug - temp go beyond 45 degree celsius..
immortal01
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 24, 2009
Ok,I was wrong! Sorri I can consider myself just a little lucky then that I dont have to endure those 45C heatwaves.The only areas here in South Australia that get like that is around Marla, Roxby Downs areas.I hope you got good air conditioning.
Adventure1
Dubai Forum Visitor

Mar 28, 2009
Ok it must rain sometimes in dubai? right?
Petrovic.Z
Dubai Forum Visitor

Mar 28, 2009
Well it's raining, hailing, thunder and lightning right now!

The summer is awful, over 45 degrees and 99% humidity - yuck! But what really irritates me is then freezing to death when you go inside malls, offices etc.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 28, 2009
Farout 45 degrees, 99% humidity GEEEEEZZZZ didnt think that was possible.. totally know what u mean when they turn the aircon to the max in malls and when u get outside ur llike a melting iceblock..
Petrovic.Z
Dubai Forum Visitor

Mar 29, 2009
Petrovic.Z wrote:Farout 45 degrees, 99% humidity GEEEEEZZZZ didnt think that was possible.. totally know what u mean when they turn the aircon to the max in malls and when u get outside ur llike a melting iceblock..

Thats about right :lol:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Apr 03, 2009
God it's geting wram these day's!!!....................
Sharp
Dubai Expat Helper

Apr 03, 2009
Petrovic.Z wrote:Farout 45 degrees, 99% humidity GEEEEEZZZZ didnt think that was possible.. totally know what u mean when they turn the aircon to the max in malls and when u get outside ur llike a melting iceblock..

Cool! A 24/7 Russian Sauna :)
Ruskie
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 04, 2009
Sharp wrote:God it's geting wram these day's!!!....................

Don't worry, you ain't seen nothing yet :lol:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat