Dubai Issues List Of Prohibited Public Behaviours

Topic locked
Mar 25, 2009
My observation:

Arab culture: men "air kiss". Lebanese kiss three times, Egyptian 2 times, as do the women. Italian men and women "kiss" on the check when they meet.

Asian culture: What I have seen in Dubai goes way over the casual. Asians not only hold hands but I have seen them with their arms wrapped around each others waist or one has his arm draped over the shoulders of the one he is walking with and sometimes the free hand is resting on the other one's chest. They literally hang on each other. If a married couple did that it would probably be considered unacceptable.

Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Mar 25, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:My observation:

Arab culture: men "air kiss". Lebanese kiss three times, Egyptian 2 times, as do the women. Italian men and women "kiss" on the check when they meet.

Asian culture: What I have seen in Dubai goes way over the casual. Asians not only hold hands but I have seen them with their arms wrapped around each others waist or one has his arm draped over the shoulders of the one he is walking with and sometimes the free hand is resting on the other one's chest. They literally hang on each other. If a married couple did that it would probably be considered unacceptable.

Of course, the above stuff is more regular culture than actual gayness. Homos are truly recent Western concept, and I have come across Asians and Iranians who never even heard of the concept before.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Mar 25, 2009
gtmash wrote:

Of course, the above stuff is more regular culture than actual gayness. Homos are truly recent Western concept, and I have come across Asians and Iranians who never even heard of the concept before.

Gayness? I did say it was cultural, not gayness. And homosexualty is not a "truly recent Western concept". You need go back in time my friend and read some history, particularly the Romans. And what "concept" are you referring to with regard to Asians and Iranians never hearing about it?
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Mar 25, 2009
gtmash wrote:

That is totally pathetic. It's well known that homosexuality was open and rife in the Middle East, shocking Western travelers hundreds of years ago!
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 25, 2009
30 seconds' on the internet found:

http://www.frontpagemag.com/articles/Pr ... aspx?GUID={DE9BC115-7388-46A3-8ED9-813BD71AEA25}

Islam's Love-Hate Relationship with Homosexuality

"A Moslem who is the active partner in sexual relations with other men is not considered a “homosexual”"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, no I'm not gay...I'm just scr*wing this guy....

I think I don't understand.....

:D
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 25, 2009
I'm sure that gtmash thinks this is just something else that the westerners have brought to the UAE and they only found out about it "recently".

Will someone pick me up off the floor. I fell off my chair from laughing so hard.
:3some:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Mar 25, 2009
men kissing each other on the cheeks is not GAY. its a culture thing. when two guys hug is that gay or to show their affectionaite?

by shaking hands is that gay?
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 25, 2009
rudeboy wrote:men kissing each other on the cheeks is not GAY. its a culture thing. when two guys hug is that gay or to show their affectionaite?

We know that but apparently someone else may have a different understanding (being nice here).
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Mar 25, 2009

Sir Thomas Sherley(1564–1633)

“For their Sodommerye they use it soe publiquely and impudentlye as an honest Christian woulde shame to companye his wyffe as they do with their buggeringe boys"

(apology for the Middle English!)
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 25, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:
rudeboy wrote:men kissing each other on the cheeks is not GAY. its a culture thing. when two guys hug is that gay or to show their affectionaite?

We know that but apparently someone else may have a different understanding (being nice here).

Sure. Men kissing men on the cheek or holding hands in public is not gay, in my opinion. It is a cultural display of friendship in many countries. Exchange of bodily fluids is totally another matter......
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 25, 2009

You're being silly now :D

A public hug between any s*xes without any 'passionate' contact of lips or other parts of course should be accepted as affection not s*x (even between lovers). but even this is prohibited in the ME ;)
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 25, 2009
Speedhump wrote:30 seconds' on the internet found:

http://www.frontpagemag.com/articles/Pr ... aspx?GUID={DE9BC115-7388-46A3-8ED9-813BD71AEA25}

"A Moslem who is the active partner in sexual relations with other men is not considered a “homosexual”"

...from a magazine I never heard of. Hey man, if you guys love your gay populous, then by all means, be gay and screw each other. Don't talk about cultures you know absolutely nothing about other than from Western internet magazines. I mentioned what I heard from ACTUAL "LOWER-CLASS" BROWN PEOPLE I hang with, including garage mechanics from Aweer, a/c fixers from Sharjah and even rich Iranian girls who came here for college. Do not shove your stupid internet history from a thousand years ago in front on my face. And don't bring up Emiratis screwing boys either. I do not hang with Emiratis on a regular basis.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Mar 25, 2009
I think Dubai is just mad at Britain and BBC for making such a big deal out of the beach couple so they created this new set of rules just for annoyance.
Snow
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 25, 2009
Speedhump wrote:

You're being silly now :D

A public hug between any s*xes without any 'passionate' contact of lips or other parts of course should be accepted as affection not s*x (even between lovers). but even this is prohibited in the ME ;)

yep in saudi yes but not in UAE
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 25, 2009
naruto wrote:
Nucleus wrote:
naruto wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:Can men stop going round holding hands and kissing one another too? This is embarrassing to see. I find that offensive!

yes we can...when we go to another country which find it offensive according to thier laws..here in UAE men holds hands and kiss each other not on the lips offcorse..but we dont mind it ..if u mind it its not my problem..i cant force ur country to do the same and stop ppl from kissing each others in public..ur country and ur ppl can do not me. ..in ur country i will not do that ..but i think i have the right to do it in my country...

From Islamic point of view, something doesn't seem right.

diffrenets in views and different clutures..and yes from islamic point of view holding hands for men is allowed.. if i hold my friend hands does not mean im gay..its ur inner intention that determin wether its HALAL or HARAM..try to figure this out :lol:

It doesn't mean gay, but it is disliked:

The hugging and kissing that people do in 'Eed is included in this dislikeability for the general meaning of the narration reported by Anas which reads: "A man asked: "O Prophet of Allaah, when a man amongst us meets his brother, should he bow to him." The Prophet replied: "No." The man asked again: "Can he hug him and kiss him? The Prophet replied: "No." The man further asked: "Can he shake hands with him." The Prophet said: "Yes."

http://english.islamweb.net/ver2/Fatwa/ ... on=FatwaId

Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 25, 2009
gtmash wrote:

...from a magazine I never heard of. Hey man, if you guys love your gay populous, then by all means, be gay and screw each other. Don't talk about cultures you know absolutely nothing about other than from Western internet magazines. I mentioned what I heard from ACTUAL "LOWER-CLASS" BROWN PEOPLE I hang with, including garage mechanics from Aweer, a/c fixers from Sharjah and even rich Iranian girls who came here for college. Do not shove your stupid internet history from a thousand years ago in front on my face. And don't bring up Emiratis screwing boys either. I do not hang with Emiratis on a regular basis.

You're still talking rubbish. the article I found quotes from various sources. It doesn't matter at all if you haven't heard of the website it was re-printed on. Do you only believe what's printed in Gulf News and Government websites? I guess so....sure, everything else is just lies made up to hurt you....this Arabic paranoia it out of control.

Wow, you asked Indian garage mechanics about homos*xuality and they told you they never heard of it? Don't you think you just embarassed the poor guys (and girls) with your insensitive questions? And why were you talking about it anyway, what's with you???

Excuse me but who mentioned Emirati's? I think you were reading someone else's post.

Homosexuality has been rife in the ME for thousands of years, when in Britain we were still living in mud huts, Arabs were exploring each others caves. It's very well documented and you can find out if you really want to, rather than trying to proposition greasemonkeys in Sharjah and aircon mechanics, but, you don't want to do you?

Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 25, 2009
Speedhump wrote:
gtmash wrote:

You're still talking rubbish. the article I found quotes from various sources. It doesn't matter at all if you haven't heard of the website it was re-printed on. Do you only believe what's printed in Gulf News and Government websites? I guess so....sure, everything else is just lies made up to hurt you....this Arabic paranoia it out of control.

Wow, you asked Indian garage mechanics about homos*xuality and they told you they never heard of it? Don't you think you just embarassed the poor guys (and girls) with your insensitive questions? And why were you talking about it anyway, what's with you???

Excuse me but who mentioned Emirati's? I think you were reading someone else's post.

Homosexuality has been rife in the ME for thousands of years, when in Britain we were still living in mud huts, Arabs were exploring each others caves. It's very well documented and you can find out if you really want to, rather than trying to proposition greasemonkeys in Sharjah and aircon mechanics, but, you don't want to do you?

I guess I hurt your gay sensibilities. It's okay if you like twisting my words, man/woman. Just don't make a pass at anyone or don't start a facebook campaign to "bring back" homosexuality in the Middle East. And be sure to stay away from those dirty brown people who you look at from far away and think you know everything about them.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Mar 26, 2009
Nucleus wrote:
naruto wrote:
Nucleus wrote:
naruto wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:Can men stop going round holding hands and kissing one another too? This is embarrassing to see. I find that offensive!

yes we can...when we go to another country which find it offensive according to thier laws..here in UAE men holds hands and kiss each other not on the lips offcorse..but we dont mind it ..if u mind it its not my problem..i cant force ur country to do the same and stop ppl from kissing each others in public..ur country and ur ppl can do not me. ..in ur country i will not do that ..but i think i have the right to do it in my country...

From Islamic point of view, something doesn't seem right.

diffrenets in views and different clutures..and yes from islamic point of view holding hands for men is allowed.. if i hold my friend hands does not mean im gay..its ur inner intention that determin wether its HALAL or HARAM..try to figure this out :lol:

It doesn't mean gay, but it is disliked:

The hugging and kissing that people do in 'Eed is included in this dislikeability for the general meaning of the narration reported by Anas which reads: "A man asked: "O Prophet of Allaah, when a man amongst us meets his brother, should he bow to him." The Prophet replied: "No." The man asked again: "Can he hug him and kiss him? The Prophet replied: "No." The man further asked: "Can he shake hands with him." The Prophet said: "Yes."

http://english.islamweb.net/ver2/Fatwa/ ... on=FatwaId

its disliked...didnt say its HARAM or its a sin...big different ..for example its disliked for a women in islam to Intermingle with unknown males at work..its disliked in islam to shave ur bear..many things we do normaly are disliked in islam but they are from out traditions ..now its disliked in islam to shave ur bear but many muslims do shave ..its does not mean its not allowed or its harm and its a sin..big different her my dear friend.
actuly its allowed in islam to hug another male if he was coming from a journy, ie u havent seen him for long time ..

this is from the same link:-
We have already clarified in Fataawa 84311 and 87730 that a man hugging and kissing another man who has not come back from a trip is disliked and we provided evidence in this regard.

Ibn Al-Haaj from the Maaliki school, said in one of his books regarding the issue of hugging in 'Eed: 'A man should not hug and kiss another man who is resident with him, i.e. who is not coming from a journey.'

i hope its clear for you now :D
naruto
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 26, 2009
if i hold my friend hands does not mean im gay..its ur inner intention that determin wether its HALAL or HARAM..try to figure this out

So we can hold hands with a girl if intentions are not sexual?
Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 26, 2009
Oh lordy. I just read the entire 4 page thread ( Slow night ) and there are some serious retarted ( sorry but thats what they are )remarks here. The laws being discussed might not be penned or though out very well and everybody here knows 99% of them will never be enforced. So why all the hue and cry.

As for the rest who basically are trying to say dumb laws are the invention and unique to arab ( read Islamic ) countries really haven't looked at their own backyard. www.dumblaws.com click on the country of your origin and sit back and enjoy.

@ Speedhump : I find you a very rational and square person judgung from you postings here but come on ! Your quoteing an article on Islam and homosexuality from frontpagemag.com ! ( tell me you had one too many that night ) Its like me getting information on christianity from the national enquirer ? Come on mate give your self more credit, your more sensible and much smarter than this.
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Mar 26, 2009
Two men that hold hands, longer than a second or five after meeting up with eachother....IS No Doubttt...Gayy.

I'm getting shivers round my spine, while saying that.... :pottytrain2:
RobbyG

Mar 26, 2009
RobbyG wrote:Two men that hold hands, longer than a second or five after meeting up with eachother....IS No Doubttt...Gayy.

I'm getting shivers round my spine, while saying that.... :pottytrain2:

Says the DUTCH man
desertdudeshj

Mar 26, 2009
Yep, we might be having some rules in place in Holland, just like for marihuana, but that doesn't mean me, myself and Irene, like that kind of gayish behaviour. ;)

Ahhhhh the shivers again :lol:
RobbyG

Mar 26, 2009
gtmash wrote:
Speedhump wrote:
gtmash wrote:

I guess I hurt your gay sensibilities. It's okay if you like twisting my words, man/woman. Just don't make a pass at anyone or don't start a facebook campaign to "bring back" homosexuality in the Middle East. And be sure to stay away from those dirty brown people who you look at from far away and think you know everything about them.

LOL. I'm not even close to being gay, and I'm sorry you want to keep your head stuck in the sand (actually, maybe a good way to 'receive'....:D).

Let's put it this way, The ME was the cradle of civilisation, where civilisation started, they say. So the first region to be civilised was going to be the first to start to refine and perfect all the perversions known to man, long before they reached cold and savage north Europe. I DO think homos*xuality is a perversion, some of the lovely cuddly tolerant people here will not like me saying it I'm sure, but anyway it's one which has been acknowledged by most of the world as 'acceptable', so get over it.

Anyway, you can believe what you want, and it seems that you will !

Cheers,
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 26, 2009
RobbyG wrote:Yep, we might be having some rules in place in Holland, just like for marihuana, but that doesn't mean me, myself and Irene, like that kind of gayish behaviour. ;)

Ahhhhh the shivers again :lol:

Mate, surely you mean you, yourself and Bora Bora... she'll be getting all girly huffy with you now....!

Hey, come on Mr Tolerant Dutchie, Indian/Arab guys walk along holding hands doesn't mean they're gay. This is soooo unlike you!
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 26, 2009
desertdudeshj wrote:Oh lordy. I just read the entire 4 page thread ( Slow night ) and there are some serious retarted ( sorry but thats what they are )remarks here. The laws being discussed might not be penned or though out very well and everybody here knows 99% of them will never be enforced. So why all the hue and cry.

As for the rest who basically are trying to say dumb laws are the invention and unique to arab ( read Islamic ) countries really haven't looked at their own backyard. www.dumblaws.com click on the country of your origin and sit back and enjoy.

@ Speedhump : I find you a very rational and square person judgung from you postings here but come on ! Your quoteing an article on Islam and homosexuality from frontpagemag.com ! ( tell me you had one too many that night ) Its like me getting information on christianity from the national enquirer ? Come on mate give your self more credit, your more sensible and much smarter than this.

Hi dude. There are so many sources on this it's not even funny! Do you seriously need me to spend my day finding them for you....sorry the first source I found was not 'acceptable' to you, I hadn't even thought about the place where the page was put up, but the article is a reprint, and also quotes from serious sources anyway, so why the biggie?

I only used it because it was in my face after about 15-20 seconds on Google which demonstrated my point perfectly. the information is all there, but some guys chose to ignore it and blame the west for ALL their ills.... :D

Anyway, no sweat, I hope.
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 26, 2009
Speedhump wrote:Hey, Indian guys walk along holding hands doesn't mean they're gay.

Really :shock:
I thought that it's even rather natural for young guys who have been living without families in labour camps for years....
:oops:
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Mar 26, 2009
Red Chief wrote:
Speedhump wrote:Hey, Indian guys walk along holding hands doesn't mean they're gay.

Really :shock:
I thought that it's even rather natural for young guys who have been living without families in labour camps for years....
:oops:

Hm, yep I understand what you're saying. But really, it is also their custom back home. Honestly!
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 26, 2009

Well observed kitty!
Ur analysis on Asians was bang on........ :)
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 26, 2009
Nucleus wrote:
if i hold my friend hands does not mean im gay..its ur inner intention that determin wether its HALAL or HARAM..try to figure this out

So we can hold hands with a girl if intentions are not sexual?

read my full post ..i said holding hands with men not girls. :lol:
my dear friend holding hands with a girl which is not (MAHRAM)is not allowed.. :D

in fact in islam its not allowed to have a girl friend..or friendship with a girl ..in my previos post i was refering to a male friends.. peace bro.. :D
naruto
Dubai Expat Helper

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat