Nazi's In Dubai?

Topic locked
Re: Nazi's in Dubai? Mar 18, 2009
FTD wrote:Saw the last thing I probably ever thought I'd see in Dubai, driving to work and just past city centre mall saw a guy walking down the street wearing a t-shirt with a swastika on it.

Now I actually know the original swastika was a Hindu symbol of peace but this was a proper black, in a white circle on red symbol of the nazi party.

As there are no elections etc in the Emirates I would have thought support of any, let alone far right politics, is a bit futile. However this kind of thing is banned in a lot of western countries and if not banned, wearing such a t-shirt would pretty much get you lynched in others.

So any guesses as to what was what?

Wat nationality waz that guy of?
If he was of African or Asian descent, then it was probably only a fashion statement.
If he waz Arab, then it culd have been a political statement.
If he was European or American, then he was probably an insensitive fella!
If he was Russian, then he waz probably jus ignorant!
I once met an Indian driver who plastered a cutout of a marijuana leaf on his dashboard! Wen I asked him bout it, he replied dat he thought it was a lotus leaf.........So if an Indian was wearin the shirt then he probably wanted to spread the message of peace!

Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Misery Called Life wrote:
FTD wrote:Saw the last thing I probably ever thought I'd see in Dubai, driving to work and just past city centre mall saw a guy walking down the street wearing a t-shirt with a swastika on it.

Now I actually know the original swastika was a Hindu symbol of peace but this was a proper black, in a white circle on red symbol of the nazi party.

As there are no elections etc in the Emirates I would have thought support of any, let alone far right politics, is a bit futile. However this kind of thing is banned in a lot of western countries and if not banned, wearing such a t-shirt would pretty much get you lynched in others.

If he was of African or Asian descent, then it was probably only a fashion statement.
I once met an Indian driver who plastered a cutout of a marijuana leaf on his dashboard! Wen I asked him bout it, he replied dat he thought it was a lotus leaf.........So if an Indian was wearin the shirt then he probably wanted to spread the message of peace!

No option with racist bastards in it? :lol:
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Mar 18, 2009
desertdudeshj wrote:
kanelli wrote:I just love how some people only seem to remember racism on the part of Europeans etc. and they completely ignore the many examples of racism committed by non-whites/non-Europeans through history around the world.

Thats because they are so good at it, and there many more examples of it than others. We don't really have to turn back many pages in history to go back to the time when the black and white issue still exsited in the US. In my own living memory there was the apartheid in South Africa.

Not true at all. Every ethnic conflict worldwide is racist, and there are countless examples, Look at Sudan, Kurdistan, Yugoslavia, Kazahkstan, etc etc etc, and, well, almost the whole of Africa.

Also did you forget that every black slave taken from Africa was sold to the buyer by another black man? Also slave buyers were not only white. Many slaves were still sold to the Middle East long after slavery was abolished in the UK.

Slavery 'existed in all the ancient civilizations of Asia, Africa, Europe, and pre-Columbian America. It had been accepted and even endorsed by Judaism, Christianity, and Islam, as well as other religions of the world.'

http://www.fordham.edu/halsall/med/lewis1.html

In other words racism and slavery was NOT invented by the white man. OK?
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 18, 2009
Speedhump wrote:
desertdudeshj wrote:
kanelli wrote:I just love how some people only seem to remember racism on the part of Europeans etc. and they completely ignore the many examples of racism committed by non-whites/non-Europeans through history around the world.

Thats because they are so good at it, and there many more examples of it than others. We don't really have to turn back many pages in history to go back to the time when the black and white issue still exsited in the US. In my own living memory there was the apartheid in South Africa.

Not true at all. Every ethnic conflict worldwide is racist, and there are countless examples, Look at Sudan, Kurdistan, Yugoslavia, Kazahkstan, etc etc etc, and, well, almost the whole of Africa.

Also did you forget that every black slave taken from Africa was sold to the buyer by another black man? Also slave buyers were not only white. Many slaves were still sold to the Middle East long after slavery was abolished in the UK.

Slavery 'existed in all the ancient civilizations of Asia, Africa, Europe, and pre-Columbian America. It had been accepted and even endorsed by Judaism, Christianity, and Islam, as well as other religions of the world.'

I wasn't going to reply to them, but you have said it with great words. So I simply can agree and say: Thank you 8)
RobbyG

RobbyG wrote:

Thats very narrow minded of u! Playing on stereotypes, maybe, But racism, Hell No!
U learn these things when u live in a multi cultural enviroment Robby!
Yea i kno I'm generalising big time, but to answer FTD's question, it will do!
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

RobbyG wrote:

Thats very narrow minded of u! Playing on stereotypes, maybe, But racism, Hell No!
U learn these things when u live in a multi cultural enviroment Robby!
Yea i kno I'm generalising big time, but to answer FTD's question, it will do!

Actually I was thinking more in line with some of the visitors of this forum who always react with this kind of bias. I was 'thinking broadly minded' this time :D No luck this time... :lol:
RobbyG

Mar 18, 2009
hill, call me what you want ! I would say "kill the jew's" and wear its t-shirt. power to the NAZI's.

back to the subject...

I hat and love whom ever I want, t-shirts don't change facts anyway, don't be shallow
uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Mar 18, 2009
Speedhump wrote:
desertdudeshj wrote:

Eh, slavery was not endorsed by Islam. That is local culture and religion being confused again, like what the Saudis continue to do. The point of Hajj itself is to show that all men are equal, which is why every man is made to wear two pieces of cloth.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Mar 18, 2009
gtmash wrote:
Speedhump wrote:
desertdudeshj wrote:

Eh, slavery was not endorsed by Islam. That is local culture and religion being confused again, like what the Saudis continue to do. The point of Hajj itself is to show that all men are equal, which is why every man is made to wear two pieces of cloth.

Hi. I may be misunderstanding what I am reading but can you look at the following, again from the same website:

'The Qur'an, like the Old and the New Testaments, assumes the existence of slavery. It regulates the practice of the institution and thus implicitly accepts it. The Prophet Muhammad and those of his Companions who could afford it themselves owned slaves; some of them acquired more by conquest.'

and:

'The Arabs practiced a form of slavery, similar to that which existed in other parts of the ancient world. The Qur'an accepts the institution, though it may be noted that the word 'abd (slave) is rarely used, being more commonly replaced by some periphrasis such as ma malakat aymanukum, "that which your right hands own." '

Also much more at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_and_slavery
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 18, 2009
Speedhump wrote:
gtmash wrote:
Speedhump wrote:
desertdudeshj wrote:

Hi. I may be misunderstanding what I am reading but can you look at the following, again from the same website:

'The Qur'an, like the Old and the New Testaments, assumes the existence of slavery. It regulates the practice of the institution and thus implicitly accepts it. The Prophet Muhammad and those of his Companions who could afford it themselves owned slaves; some of them acquired more by conquest.'

and:

'The Arabs practiced a form of slavery, similar to that which existed in other parts of the ancient world. The Qur'an accepts the institution, though it may be noted that the word 'abd (slave) is rarely used, being more commonly replaced by some periphrasis such as ma malakat aymanukum, "that which your right hands own." '

Do you want me to edit that open wikipedia article to reflect my version of the truth? Well, it probably won't stay for long, as the American wiki moderators will jump all over it.

Anyway, I will consult some of my scholarly friends and see what is in the actual Quran. Things may have happened, but it wouldn't mean that the Quran mandated it.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Mar 18, 2009
I doubt if he really understood the graphic, just like when sometimes you come across tshirts with risque comments , it does not seem that the girls wearing them really know what they mean.
DoubleDigit
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Mar 18, 2009
DoubleDigit wrote:I doubt if he really understood the graphic, just like when sometimes you come across tshirts with risque comments , it does not seem that the girls wearing them really know what they mean.

In a world where Israel is known...swastika's are know for sure.

But I can't blame them for wearing that sign, as all Arab nations rather see Israel go out of the region. And I can't blame them for it. But the deeper meaning of that Nazi symbol, ohh thats carved into my system forever...and Jews in general still get spooky when they think back to deportations and gas-chambers ordered by Die SS-generalz. Achtungg!

Its seriously heart breaking sign for some people. Especially the senior Jewish fooks around us and in the States.

Don't make fun of genocide. Its unrespectful in my opinion.

Well, that was the moral lesson for today :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back to daily routine. :twisted:
RobbyG

Mar 18, 2009
It was to be expected that the Jewish bankers would finance all factions of the Nazi Party, just as they finance all sides of the wars.Hitler paved the way for the Jewish bankers' war plans and for their planned segregation and expulsion of the Jews.
DoubleDigit
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Mar 18, 2009
DoubleDigit wrote:It was to be expected that the Jewish bankers would finance all factions of the Nazi Party, just as they finance all sides of the wars.Hitler paved the way for the Jewish bankers' war plans and for their planned segregation and expulsion of the Jews.

Reading into Rothchilds, eh?
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 19, 2009
gtmash wrote:
Speedhump wrote:
gtmash wrote:
Speedhump wrote:
desertdudeshj wrote:

and:

Do you want me to edit that open wikipedia article to reflect my version of the truth? Well, it probably won't stay for long, as the American wiki moderators will jump all over it.

Anyway, I will consult some of my scholarly friends and see what is in the actual Quran. Things may have happened, but it wouldn't mean that the Quran mandated it.

By all means investigate this, I'm only interested in the truth (and of course your immediate conclusion that Americans would not want to have the truth shown in Wikipedia). Surely not all Americans are Muslim haters just as not all Muslims are terrorists....?

According to these websites (translations from the book itself) the Koran lays down rules for the treatment of slaves, and by so doing it is of course condoning the keeping of slaves, not condemning it. Anyway, let me know what you find out please, thanks.

All Wikipedia articles and amendments should have sources quoted, this one has an abundance.....

:)
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 19, 2009
Yes Slavery is mentioned in Islam and the Quran and they are to be treated with the utmost respect like a member of the family. They have their rights and everything. Just because its mentioned does not mean its a must or one has to have slaves. It was part of the arabian culture of that time. ( Only recently they have stopped )

Also for expiation of many many sins, freeing of a slave is listed as an option and freeing of a slave carries a humogous reward in Islam. So you could read into that as Islam although does not condone or endorse ( contary to what speedhump said )the keeping of slaves, but greatly encourages the freeing of slaves. Most of this if all ( can't remember now ) is not mentioned in the Quran but the hadith.

Also you cannot seriously compare salvery in Islam to that of the salvery of the europeans traders who stacked them boats and took them across the ocean to work as ..er.....well "slaves" if you know what I mean ( Amistad anyone ? ). Everybody knows how they were treated by their white masters. Some were treated respectfully but that was far in few in between and not the norm.
desertdudeshj

Mar 19, 2009
Somebody told me that it's possible to buy "Mein Kampf" in UAE because it's NOT jew friendly state. So maybe wearing this kind of T-shirt is OK ?

Meanwhile in Europe I saw back type of this t-shirt with swastika and words: "f....k your nationality".

So many countries so many points of views.

So we are accept few of them as "truth"and consider another as unacceptible.
Coldwater
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Mar 19, 2009
Yes excatly. Some countries you can have d!ck shaped traffic cones but you can't wear a T-shirt with a swastika on it.
desertdudeshj

Mar 19, 2009
desertdudeshj wrote:Yes excatly. Some countries you can have d!ck shaped traffic cones but you can't wear a T-shirt with a swastika on it.

See the significance of both items:

D!ck shape: All men have one (common thing) ;)
Swastika: WWII human genocide....(I don't wish it ever happens to you)

Thats the difference....
RobbyG

Mar 19, 2009
No its about general sensitivities. Having d!ck shaped cones does not offend anyone there but a swastika does. While having d!ck shaped traffic cones will offened 99% of the population here while a swastika T-shirt won't.
desertdudeshj

Mar 19, 2009
desertdudeshj wrote:No its about general sensitivities. Having d!ck shaped cones does not offend anyone there but a swastika does. While having d!ck shaped traffic cones will offened 99% of the population here while a swastika T-shirt won't.

Ok, you say cultural sensitivity;

What does a d!ck shape graphic do to me? At max make me blush when its larger than mine...

What does the nazi graphic do to me? At max it will get me a blue eye on the streets/jail ticket and everlasting disrespect from the survivors/relatives of human genocide...
RobbyG

Mar 19, 2009
desertdudeshj
Thank you for a little refernce. I read those ayats about keeping slaves. However few questions has remains.

Are there any families having slaves (in sense your words above slavery and Islam) in their respected homes now in UAE?
Navigator
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Mar 19, 2009
Now put that in reverse order. I would be greatly offended and embarrased to see those things if I was travelling with my mother, sister or even a lady friend.

Seeing a Swastika ..nothing, as mostly we see the swastika more of a hindu symbol then that of a Nazi thing and Indians specially hindus see that as a religious thing first and then anything else. As for the genocide no one here was personally affected by it ( or atleast 99.9% were )

Basically what I'm trying to say is majority of the people really don't care about the genocide infact ( as you might as have seen here aswell ) think deserved it. Although however wrong that might be you can't blame them, because they saw the israeli attrocities first hand and during their life time over and over first. Then some event which happened before they were born and just know what they have seen or heard.

So the current hatred towards Israel for their actions kinda makes them feel what happened to the jews durring WWII kinda justified. So to put in very bluntly they don't give a rats @ss.
desertdudeshj

Mar 19, 2009
Thats my point. To summarize:

Killing people....who gives a rats a$$ (according to most Jew haters)
Or a harmless reproductive organ that everybody uses for pleasure and reproduction (talking about hypocrite ;))

point made
RobbyG

Mar 19, 2009
Navigator wrote:desertdudeshj
Thank you for a little refernce. I read those ayats about keeping slaves. However few questions has remains.

Are there any families having slaves (in sense your words above slavery and Islam) in their respected homes now in UAE?

Yes they are called maids now and are given peanuts for salaries.
desertdudeshj

Mar 19, 2009
better one peanut than no peanuts at all ;)
better one penus than no penus at all ;)
I can handle without swastika's. We all can ;)
RobbyG

Mar 19, 2009
Now robby G its not that simple is it now.

Reverse the tables. People being killed by the Israel. The western coalition forces in Iraq and Afghanistan killing so called " enemy combatants". Majority of the western world thinks that these are justified. Becuase you see them as your " enemies "

Its diffrent views from diffrent shoes. Try wearing a T-shirt with the star of david here and see what happens to you. Why because Israel is now "our" enemy for carrying out attrocities to "our" people.

Also you really woudln't get really upset if someone treated your " enemy " wrong ? In fact some would side with the fact that the enemy of you enemy is our friend though of school.
desertdudeshj

Mar 19, 2009
desertdudeshj wrote:
Navigator wrote:desertdudeshj

Yes they are called maids now and are given peanuts for salaries.

Oh..... yes. Now i remember those few good guys from Oman I spoke in some cafeteria in Deira. One of them told me about his housmaid, who lives at him and has a monthly salary $ 200.

But much more point is another. After I saw UAE with my own eyes I understand a major thing about this place. It could be summarized as:

"There is a modern type of slavery. The only matter who you are - local or not. In this way you become a Master if you are local and a Slave if you are foreinger. Because your labour serves to local emiratis good live. But what slaves should does? Yes, to provide a good live for their masters.

No matter how much you get for your work/business. You just a Senior Slave. And your business/work makes local people life easy and free of hardwork
."

And this is right thing for this place, I believe.
Navigator
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Mar 19, 2009
If you see things that way, youre absolutely right.
But you MUST see it a little more nuanced. Because what happened in the 1940's during WWII is something that made the Jews get a place of their own in the Middle East. That is were the error was made in the first place.

Its the relocation aspect of this group of Jews (Israel) that were 'allocated' a place in the Middle East because the West 'thought there was no problem' back then. How wrong could they be, forcing those Jews upon the Arab and muslim populations. Thats wrong.
It doesn't approve killing people. That developed later on as the Jews got greedy but also defended their borders. Unfortunately, the Jews had no other place to go back then.

But genocide remains mass killings. Thats why the West is so anxious about religious and anti-capitalistic states obtaining weapons of mass destruction. No way Iran is getting an atomic bomb with 'decree from Allah' to eliminate everyone against Iran.... C'mon, where is the sanity in that!

And I'm modest in this, even though I don't believe in God/Allah.
My faith lies with the Big Bang theory which is 90 percent verifiable to date. 10 percent of the scientific knowledge is yet to be found in order to explain our existance.

No bomb may ever be thrown because of religious believes in my opinion.
Swastika's is part of that same sort of forceful propaganda with the wrong intentions as result: genocide (mass murder of certain groups of people). Its insane.

Live your life in peace and democracy. Freedom of choice and speech. No cover ups, no nothing. Men and Woman equally strong in every part of life.

Respect.
RobbyG

Mar 19, 2009
RobbyG wrote:My faith lies with the Big Bang theory which is 90 percent verifiable to date. 10 percent of the scientific knowledge is yet to be found in order to explain our existance

You do no this was mentioned in the Quran way before any the moderen day scienctist knew about it.

Regarding the Bomb. Its kinda Ironic how the US is so tight assed about other possesing it and casuing genocide about this issue, when seeing that they were the only ones to ever actually use this horrible WMD not once but twice. If trying to wipe out an entire city not once but twice is not genocide then I dunno what is !

RobbyG wrote:Live your life in peace and democracy. Freedom of choice and speech. No cover ups, no nothing. Men and Woman equally strong in every part of life.

Isn't this what every one eventually strives for. To be left alone and live in peace.
desertdudeshj

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat