did u check ???

:lol:

Miss_lolly
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: What's up with the new speed cameras on SZR Dec 18, 2008
Miss_lolly wrote:
sharfraz wrote:
Miss_lolly wrote:
Captain Australia wrote:In the last few days a bunch of new speed cameras have been installed along Shaikh Zayed Rd, all the way down to the Abu Dhabi border.

Anyone know any more info on them? Is it still speed-business-as-usual, ie 140ks in the 120 zone and you're 'safe'? Also, someone at work said that they don't flash in the daytime like the older ones do. That's bad news because you won't know you've been done for a while.

What's going on? Are they all over Dubai as well?

well i found myself drinving more then 120 & till now didn t recieve any fines :D

even in jumeirah with 90/km so many times & nothing

:D

never expect me to speed... I strictly follow the rules...

5 to 10kms tolerance level....

8)

ohhhh

i m gonna be sick if i didn t :D

I speed alot... my issue is not the fixed radars my problem always with the mobile ones!!!! I hate them...
quatroporte
Dubai chat master

Dec 18, 2008
I got a Phd in radar technology & speeding..only after reading this entire thread!!!
kingkong
Dubai Forums Member

Dec 18, 2008
kingkong wrote:I got a Phd in radar technology & speeding..only after reading this entire thread!!!

start a university dude!!!!

:lol:
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Dec 18, 2008
Imagine the revenue these cameras will generate!
Wednesday Jones
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Dec 18, 2008
RTA....the upcoming richest authority...

8)
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Dec 18, 2008
Wednesday Jones wrote:Imagine the revenue these cameras will generate!

:)) yup.The university wil lbe located straight in the middle of SZR
kingkong
Dubai Forums Member

Dec 18, 2008
[color=#444444]I have a serious doubt that RTA recently issues fines of 500,600, 700 upto 800 AED for no reason.Where is the proof? Just the photo of the number plate is not enough!!!
I doubt seriously....just to generate money, they fine.i got AED 600 fine ..and I never crossed 100..I'm sure it is cheating.2 of my colleagues got the same fine & they too did not speed up...

Also what is the logic behind this 600, 700 800 charges...It was 250 before isn't it?

Now this can be a technical mistake or purposely done by RTA...
I
don't know how to prove..
kingkong
Dubai Forums Member

Dec 18, 2008
kingkong wrote:I have a serious doubt that RTA recently issues fines of 500, 700 upto 800 AED for no reason.Where is the proof? Just the photo of the number plate is not enough!!!
I doubt seriously....just to generate money, they fine.i got AED 600 fine ..and I never crossed 100..I'm sure it is cheating.2 of my colleagues got the same fine & they too did not speed up...

I don't know how to prove...

dude,you can go for a cop contest...

will that be any worth here?

:?
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Dec 18, 2008
Someone I work with got fined twice for speeding, she asked for proof, got a photo of a different car - prob something to do with some idiot data inputter at RTA. After much argument they told her to pay the fine then challenge it through Dubai Courts. She didn't really have a choice, and didn't pursue it though the courts, in her opinion far far too much hassle, time wasting and cost.
Wednesday Jones
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Dec 18, 2008
sharfraz wrote:
kingkong wrote:I have a serious doubt that RTA recently issues fines of 500, 700 upto 800 AED for no reason.Where is the proof? Just the photo of the number plate is not enough!!!

I don't know how to prove...

dude,you can go for a cop contest...

will that be any worth here?

:?

fun aside, can you share some useful and similar experiences of getting fined for no reason? Any of your colleagues experience etc...
kingkong
Dubai Forums Member

Dec 18, 2008
Police to install radars every two kilometres ...

here's the link...

http://www.gulfnews.com/nation/Traffic_ ... 68146.html

8)
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Dec 18, 2008
Wednesday Jones wrote:Someone I work with got fined twice for speeding, she asked for proof, got a photo of a different car - prob something to do with some idiot data inputter at RTA. After much argument they told her to pay the fine then challenge it through Dubai Courts. She didn't really have a choice, and didn't pursue it though the courts, in her opinion far far too much hassle, time wasting and cost.

strange!!!! because my sister was mistakenly fined for a wrong car too and when found out (using the picture) it was not her car.. the fine was removed!

it could be the stupid lazy person on the counter who asked her to go for the courts instead of helping her!!!!
quatroporte
Dubai chat master

Dec 18, 2008
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Dec 20, 2008
Article on the subject:

http://www.drivearabia.com/news/2008/12 ... -highways/

In short:

They flash. Ones that don't are off for now.
They monitor a car from 150m to judge speed. No averaging between cameras.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 22, 2008
just another update on this thread...

driving towards dubai last night i tucked behind a Cayenne doing 145kmh through all those cameras and not one flashed

so i decided to subscribe to the notion that these cameras aren't operational yet, then driving towards abu dhabi this morning i did about 150-160 through the last two cameras going AD-bound, and the last one flashed me.

i'll wait and see if i get a fine or if it is just being tested.

in any case, thought it might be of interest to anyone who regularly uses that road
funkygibbon
Dubai Forums Member

Dec 22, 2008
funkygibbon wrote:just another update on this thread...

driving towards dubai last night i tucked behind a Cayenne doing 145kmh through all those cameras and not one flashed

so i decided to subscribe to the notion that these cameras aren't operational yet, then driving towards abu dhabi this morning i did about 150-160 through the last two cameras going AD-bound, and the last one flashed me.

i'll wait and see if i get a fine or if it is just being tested.

in any case, thought it might be of interest to anyone who regularly uses that road

that exact same camera flashed me too :( and it has a bloody strong yellow flash!!!!! :evil:

what is making things worst.... is that not all of them are operational yet... only few selected ones...
quatroporte
Dubai chat master

Dec 28, 2008
now Dubai police says it MAY not flash if there is enough light... which means during broad day light... however, I was flashed during a clear sunny day at 2pm...

"Lieutenant Colonel Saif Muhair Al Mazroui, Acting Director of Dubai Police's Traffic Department, said many new radars did not flash when they caught offenders.
"If there is enough light through which the radar can catch an offender it does not flash. So, motorists should not rely on radars flashing."

but the fact that those Radars may or may-not flash will cause so much troubles... and this is annoying!

Source: http://www.gulfnews.com/nation/Traffic_ ... 70452.html
quatroporte
Dubai chat master

Dec 28, 2008
quatroporte wrote:now Dubai police says it MAY not flash if there is enough light... which means during broad day light... however, I was flashed during a clear sunny day at 2pm...

"Lieutenant Colonel Saif Muhair Al Mazroui, Acting Director of Dubai Police's Traffic Department, said many new radars did not flash when they caught offenders.
"If there is enough light through which the radar can catch an offender it does not flash. So, motorists should not rely on radars flashing."

but the fact that those Radars may or may-not flash will cause so much troubles... and this is annoying!

They flash, midday I have seen them going off a couple of times. Best way is to respect the speed limit and then no problem. It is such a pain to be following behind some fool on Emirates Road, speeding upto 160 and then braking heavily down to 100 every couple of km's
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Dec 29, 2008
sage & onion wrote:
quatroporte wrote:now Dubai police says it MAY not flash if there is enough light... which means during broad day light... however, I was flashed during a clear sunny day at 2pm...

They flash, midday I have seen them going off a couple of times. Best way is to respect the speed limit and then no problem. It is such a pain to be following behind some fool on Emirates Road, speeding upto 160 and then braking heavily down to 100 every couple of km's

I know... they flashed me in midday too... :evil:
quatroporte
Dubai chat master

Feb 03, 2009
it's called raising revenues in tough times. it is no secret that dubai is facing some serious issues. so since it cant just print the dirhams, it has resorted to tapping the pockets of the people it does not tax!!!

The Dubai Information Site
DubaiInformationSite
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Feb 04, 2009
DubaiInformationSite wrote:it's called raising revenues in tough times. it is no secret that dubai is facing some serious issues. so since it cant just print the dirhams, it has resorted to tapping the pockets of the people it does not tax!!!

This is absolute nonsense, the reason for the dramatic increase in cameras is simply to try and reduce the traffic accidents caused by high speed.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Feb 04, 2009
sage & onion wrote:
DubaiInformationSite wrote:it's called raising revenues in tough times. it is no secret that dubai is facing some serious issues. so since it cant just print the dirhams, it has resorted to tapping the pockets of the people it does not tax!!!

This is absolute nonsense, the reason for the dramatic increase in cameras is simply to try and reduce the traffic accidents caused by high speed.

aye..thats right!!!!

stick to the speed limits dudes!!!!!

8)
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Feb 04, 2009
The ones with orange sensors don't flash, the occasional ones between them with a clear area (flash unit?) do flash, I've seen several go off (not at me, nyah..). I guess the oranges one monitor your speed only and send the information to the ones that flash and capture you.

I think the driving has been better since their introduction, certainly on Business Bay Bridge and Rabat Street/Tripoli Street, so I agree they are working as a safety measure and not as a cash cow, at least while people don't understand and are scared of them. Thank God!!
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat