New Visa Rules Expected!!

Topic locked
New Visa rules expected!! Jan 06, 2009
ABU DHABI - The Ministry of Interior (MoI) is considering a Federal National Council (FNC) proposal that visitors to the UAE will have to furnish a clean police record and a bank statement from their country of origin, senior immigration officials told Khaleej Times on Monday.

Police record!!!! thts a step too far...u gotta be kiddin me

xdude
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Re: New Visa rules expected!! Jan 06, 2009
xdude wrote:ABU DHABI - The Ministry of Interior (MoI) is considering a Federal National Council (FNC) proposal that visitors to the UAE will have to furnish a clean police record and a bank statement from their country of origin, senior immigration officials told Khaleej Times on Monday.

Why - what did you do? A country has a right to prevent criminals from entering. All countries should do it.
scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

scarlet wrote:
xdude wrote:ABU DHABI - The Ministry of Interior (MoI) is considering a Federal National Council (FNC) proposal that visitors to the UAE will have to furnish a clean police record and a bank statement from their country of origin, senior immigration officials told Khaleej Times on Monday.

Why - what did you do? A country has a right to prevent criminals from entering. All countries should do it.

I can understand this to some degree when you need to apply for a Work/Resident Visa, but for simply visiting Dubai as a Tourist? way over the top!
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Jan 06, 2009
hmmm... police record or interpol record ?!? so if local police authorities from their home country would issue this it would be required to be attested by the uae embassy ? aahhhh... another way to get income... great!

:P
Jot
Dubai Forums Member

Jan 06, 2009
I can understand the thought process, however they will simply be closing the gates for 90% of the tourists who simply will not want to be bothered to go through all of this.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jan 06, 2009
scarlet..
you don't need to do anything wrong..its just too much of a hassle for a tourist who wants to visit dubai for 4 days...
you can always take this high moral ground..but got to see the practical side of it..
xdude
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jan 06, 2009
xdude wrote:scarlet..
you don't need to do anything wrong..its just too much of a hassle for a tourist who wants to visit dubai for 4 days...
you can always take this high moral ground..but got to see the practical side of it..

Even if you have done something wrong, who is to say that you havn't reformed and taken the straight path?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jan 06, 2009
It will probably only apply to those evil Asians who are not from the 34 special countries, so no worries.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Jan 06, 2009
You would only have to provide this if you were thinking of emmigrating to another Country i.e. canada, Australia etc where given a certain amount of time you become citizens

I wonder if this means that we can perhaps in the not too distant future apply for citizenship of UAE! :?:
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Jan 06, 2009

granted for tourism it is too much of a pain - but for residency its not a proble, all airlines and some other jobs require police clearance. If it is for immigration the country has the right to know and decide case by case. too many criminals were let into australia on refugee status and now is the cause of a lot of interracial fighting in disputes generations on.

Not exactly the same situation in uae as none of us ever "emigrat" here but a consideration nonetheless

and no jokes about australia being founded on criminals i'm talking 1940's -1960's
scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jan 06, 2009
scarlet wrote:

and no jokes about australia being founded on criminals i'm talking 1940's -1960's

So you are saying in Australia, more criminals joined the criminals already there, generations on?
:lol:
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Guess it is fair.....i heard many european and american embassies requesting the bank statement before issuing the visa...however not sure about the police record....might be a hassle
uae75
Dubai Forums Talker

uae75 wrote:

Guess it is fair.....i heard many european and american embassies requesting the bank statement before issuing the visa...however not sure about the police record....might be a hassle

I think it depends on your nationality though
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jan 06, 2009
Aussies will be screwed LOL
busa
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 06, 2009
busa wrote:Aussies will be screwed LOL

Where's the Captain? :P
ArchitectRoel
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 06, 2009
the police record is a good idea, but why they want a bank statment

do they care if i have money or not?
sankyx
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jan 06, 2009
This issue is hot in the UK at the moment. A famous footballers wife of Andy cole called Cheryl Cole who sings in Girls Aloud and is a judge in the X Factor has been refused a visa to work in the US. This is because she had a conviction 6 years ago for assault.
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jan 06, 2009
hmmm... probably they have more than enough citizens who are like that already

:lol:
Jot
Dubai Forums Member

Jan 06, 2009
i've got a few points on tht:
1) every country has a right to make sure they're not having criminals entering their zone.. (and i'd realli appreciate tht, so tht countries like, America, India & Israel (who're the doers of evil in their country and throws the shit on other countries)).

2) instead of having the poor soul to provide these documents, all the countries shud have the travel agent to just do a screening and if the person is clear only then the ticket shall be issued... (the way they chk if ur passport is valid or not n visa details n so on)....

3) bank records are required to see your attachment to your country. to see how likely are you to move to the place u r visiting.

4) lastly places like Canada, if they require a criminal record (then i think it's realli important that they do) because their law is so linient, and criminal friendly that it encourages the crmininal to continue their criminal activities. so if they get more of those thru the immigrations or visit procedures, then eventually Canadian residents/citizens will start seeking refuge in other countries!...
MA786
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jan 07, 2009
MA786 wrote:i've got a few points on tht:
1) every country has a right to make sure they're not having criminals entering their zone.. (and i'd realli appreciate tht, so tht countries like, America, India & Israel (who're the doers of evil in their country and throws the tasty on other countries)).

2) instead of having the poor soul to provide these documents, all the countries shud have the travel agent to just do a screening and if the person is clear only then the ticket shall be issued... (the way they chk if ur passport is valid or not n visa details n so on)....

3) bank records are required to see your attachment to your country. to see how likely are you to move to the place u r visiting.

4) lastly places like Canada, if they require a criminal record (then i think it's realli important that they do) because their law is so linient, and criminal friendly that it encourages the crmininal to continue their criminal activities. so if they get more of those thru the immigrations or visit procedures, then eventually Canadian residents/citizens will start seeking refuge in other countries!...

If you want to kill your tourist trade here, this is the perfect way to go, people will just not be bothered to submit all this documentation just to come here for a visit.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jan 07, 2009
In other countrys you need a invitation letter from a local native resident to get a visa, even as a tourist. He has to take care of his visitior in any case if something happen. (Ghana, Nigeria, ECOWAS)
TheChoosen
Dubai Expat Helper

Jan 07, 2009
TheChoosen wrote:In other countrys you need a invitation letter from a local native resident to get a visa, even as a tourist. He has to take care of his visitior in any case if something happen. (Ghana, Nigeria, ECOWAS)

Yah! That's what should be... In order to get Visa here you got to have an sponsor. Why not the Sponsor be liable for what he brought here?
spirophonix
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jan 07, 2009
spirophonix wrote:
TheChoosen wrote:In other countrys you need a invitation letter from a local native resident to get a visa, even as a tourist. He has to take care of his visitior in any case if something happen. (Ghana, Nigeria, ECOWAS)

Yah! That's what should be... In order to get Visa here you got to have an sponsor. Why not the Sponsor be liable for what he brought here?

It was already! don't you know that?
ArchitectRoel
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 15, 2009
It is a good step.Does Foreign Dubai property holders are also need to give these records.
bhomes
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jan 15, 2009
its just too much of an inconvenience to put genuine tourists through just to prevent the entry fo a few criminals.

Anyway who would be able to guarantee that just because a person presented a clean police record, he would start his life of crime here?

And if this thing does pass through, next thing you know, they will ask to get the police certificate attested from the embassies and ministries..................
michaeldubai
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 15, 2009
MA786 wrote:i've got a few points on tht:
1) every country has a right to make sure they're not having criminals entering their zone.. (and i'd realli appreciate tht, so tht countries like, America, India & Israel (who're the doers of evil in their country and throws the tasty on other countries)).

"America, India & Israel???" - what kind of combo is that?

"throw the tasty??" what are you - Hannibal Lecter???
michaeldubai
Dubai forums Addict

huh Jan 15, 2009
gtmash wrote:It will probably only apply to those evil Asians who are not from the 34 special countries, so no worries.

I think wht u call evil is a victim of evilness in the name of war against terror.....
Whts ur opinion abt american policies on palestine and islamic world....
daisy
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: New Visa rules expected!! Jan 15, 2009

its a time to attract tourism so tht declining economy cud have sm stay....dubai and its free policies are the honey for the bees...if they r gonna make it difficult like this then.....Not every country process things like police records and all tht stuff....i agree it seems another way of makin easy money and giving chance to other countries authorities to do so....i wonder who wanna visit a place whr u have to give every detail just for a couple of days.
daisy
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: New Visa rules expected!! Jan 16, 2009
daisy wrote:

its a time to attract tourism so tht declining economy cud have sm stay....dubai and its free policies are the honey for the bees...if they r gonna make it difficult like this then.....Not every country process things like police records and all tht stuff....i agree it seems another way of makin easy money and giving chance to other countries authorities to do so....i wonder who wanna visit a place whr u have to give every detail just for a couple of days.

I would probably agree with you if I could understand everything you wrote. :lol:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: huh Jan 16, 2009
daisy wrote:
gtmash wrote:It will probably only apply to those evil Asians who are not from the 34 special countries, so no worries.

I think wht u call evil is a victim of evilness in the name of war against terror.....
Whts ur opinion abt american policies on palestine and islamic world....

He mentioned "evil Asians" because the local police chief said so. The chief openly thinks Asians are a disease.
:laughing3:
Pankaj
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat