I Do Not Get The Logic Behind These Last Few Days...

Topic locked
I do not get the logic behind these last few days... Jan 07, 2006
I dont get it. Malls, cinemas and other stuff all comes to a stand still out of respect to the late Skh Maktoum. Yet, I was at the Madinath on Thursday night, and passed by Left Bank, a bar. Inside, people were shouting, wooing, doing shooters with flames. Why allow bars to operate and serve booze but shut down cinemas and malls???

:?

jag
Dubai forums Addict

Re: I do not get the logic behind these last few days... Jan 07, 2006
jag wrote:I dont get it. Malls, cinemas and other stuff all comes to a stand still out of respect to the late Skh Maktoum. Yet, I was at the Madinath on Thursday night, and passed by Left Bank, a bar. Inside, people were shouting, wooing, doing shooters with flames. Why allow bars to operate and serve booze but shut down cinemas and malls???

:?

Logical point. May be they were drinking in remembrance of the shiekh, western style.
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 07, 2006
So very very true! Ah you can't have music, but you can go get rat arsed! Makes no sense what-so-ever!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 07, 2006
It is strange.

But I would think it's because bars are exclusive hang-outs, deep in a hotel or around some corner.

While malls and cinemas are general venues. So shutting them down would have the desired "mourning" effect. Whereas few would notice a bar shutting down.
Linda_Stuiv
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jan 07, 2006
Linda_Stuiv wrote:It is strange.

But I would think it's because bars are exclusive hang-outs, deep in a hotel or around some corner.

While malls and cinemas are general venues. So shutting them down would have the desired "mourning" effect. Whereas few would notice a bar shutting down.

yeah possibly, though where I was at, the madinath, it wasnt hidden at all and people were spilling out of the bar all hammered and loud! :P Oh well, whatever rocks the big guys' boat...
jag
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 10, 2006
I think the authorities realise that the hotels need to continue "business as usual" because of the tourists. Obviously the same in Ramadan, when tourists are allowed to eat and drink by the pool etc.
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat