All New Years Celebrations In DXB To Be Cancelled WTF!

Topic locked
Dec 31, 2008
Chocoholic wrote:If these rumours are true, you can pretty much guarantee an announcement tomorrow, as it would be a convenient time.

You're talking about the ruler's brother Sheikh Hamdan?

john smith wrote:Rumour started 2 weeks ago that the Sheikh is dead. Shot by a relative.

Sheikh M was at a wedding this week - looking alive.

bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Dec 31, 2008
Um he does have a doppleganger. Anyway who knows, we'll just have to wait and see.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Dec 31, 2008
Well we just got confirmation that our night is still on! Band and all! Whoohoo
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Dec 31, 2008
I got a confirmation that all desert parties are still on, clubs and small sized concerts are on schedule... affected parties are with high outdoor music and no fireworks...

its clear that this is only a media support for the Palestinians while Dubai is still on schedule for parties...
quatroporte
Dubai chat master

Dec 31, 2008
Chocoholic
We are not pointing fingers here, and I don't give a sh*t who celebrate or not, my point is our right as a muslim country to show sympathy to our brothers, cant we have that in our own country ? you guys celebrate as much as you want. But I'm disagreeing with chocoholic that’s all. him as a ruler and his decision in pointed toward you as a person but toward his city and calling names .. idiots and stupid is not the way to express your feeling chocoholic, I recall you saying that in other posts !!

K-Dog
Celebrating in a Muslim country is wrong no matter who does it AB or any other city.

james c
this is sad. You have to care for others, just feeling wise at least.

Chocoholic
((So one night of solidarity is going to make a difference is it? Where have you lot been for your 'brothers' before now? Sitting back on your backsides doing nothing is what! Oh and you can blame Hammas for this current mess, they knew exactly what Israel's reaction would be, when they fired 80 rockets at them last week.

And yes, what about all the other Emirates? Their parties are still going on! And yes, what about all the other Emirates? Their parties are still going on!))

You see , you are in Israel side which is ok but we are not and that’s why the stopped those parties, you have the right to do it your self . you see where I'm going with this ?

Maximusprime
They aren't my brothers and I shouldn't be forced to pay respect to them. Those Hamas idiots are like a chihuahua who keeps biting the ankles of a pit bull and then act like they are getting picked on when the pit bull tears them to shreds. They had it comming.

I dont support one or the other, I think they all need to chill the F out.))))

..those hamas idiots are people defending their own country an occupied country but to you they are terrorist.
And you are always welcome to get the f out this Muslim country and celebrate at your own where they don't care.
uaekid

Dec 31, 2008
Let me understand this, are you saying AD is not part of your country? Or they are less Islamic? I'm all confused now.
K-Dog
Dubai Expat Helper

Dec 31, 2008
I don't care whom or where k-dog, I'm asking for our rights as muslims to express our feeling in anyway we see fits. and you guys are disagreeing .
uaekid

Dec 31, 2008
"And you are always welcome to get the f out this Muslim country and celebrate at your own where they don't care"

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
smoggie
Dubai Expat Helper

Dec 31, 2008
You really haven't read a word I've written have you!

The UAE has opened the gates to tourism and therefore you cannot have your cake and eat it!

You can choose to do whatever you want, but don't think you can tell others what to do! And stop the bleating on about you you you, because I can't tell you what to do in MY country!

I don't side with anyone, I think the whole situation is ridiculous and pointless. But as I said before, what have you ever done to help resolve it? Nothing! There are casualties on BOTH sides! Hammas started this latest bombardment, I mean for goodness sake, seriously did they not think about the consequences? They knew full well!

You seem to constantly forget that expats far outnumber you! So who do you think the Governments are going to try to keep happy? Those that spend, and put money in your pocket I might add!

If you choose to be somber and reflect etc then go ahead. Each to his own!

But there's a thing called progress and the need for financial sustanability, which you cannot stop no matter how much you moan and complain about it!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Dec 31, 2008
it is your choise chocoholic to prefer moeny on a humans lifes.

not everything is about moeny. what I'm call foris supporting.

forget about the moeny and your financial sustanability when it comes to human lifes, those ppl and their kids are with no food or water and you are worrying about your party.
uaekid

Dec 31, 2008
anyway, have a blast in your parties where ever they are and enjoy it, wishing you all a happy new year.

bye...
uaekid

Dec 31, 2008
UAE kid, you actually personally insulted chocaholic by saying that she wanted a new years party to get a one night stand when you don't even know the person! , but you can take no criticism for actions made by your country and you contradict yourself on a regular basis. Read your posts over before you submit them, everyone is entitled to an opinion and I think what most people were so hacked off about is the money that EVERYONE was losing from NYE being cancelled. The gesture of solidarity is a nice one but it's a gesture - and penalising people who are alive, grateful for it and celebrating the fact maybe isn't the best way - but once again, it looks like this is a statement only, and not being fully backed up.
tridxb
Dubai Forum User

Dec 31, 2008
I just had a call from a Palestinian mate of mine and he is devastated!

He had a huge party organised in a hotel and he had a call to tell him it was cancelled. They won't refund his deposit as they claim it is 'Force Majeure'!!

This is going to create a massive financial bonus...for the legal profession!

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Dec 31, 2008
Begining of END!!
xdude
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Dec 31, 2008
UAEkid you like to assume alot of things! How do you know I don't make regular contributions to the Red Crescent and Unicef?

So don't jump to conclusions!

What do you do?

Just because someone says 'hey why can't we celebrate' doesn't mean we don't show our support in one way or another.

So what are you doing exactly?
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Dec 31, 2008
Not a lot more to add really, Chocs has said it all and does have a point. The only thing i will add on something that Chocs touched on.

Is that this will have a long term reprocussions for the tourist industry. A lot of people will have paid a lot of money to have their christmas and new year holiday in dubai.

These tourists are not going to be happy, whether they return or not remains to be seen and friends and families of these tourists when they get back home will view Dubai differently. Bad news always travels faster than good news.

The only other concern to tourists is that Dubai has publicly brought itself into the Political Areana. This has been a large contributary factor that has made Dubai attractive to both tourists and business's, in what is generally considered an unstable region (as in the Middle East).

Dubai does not really need more bad news at this moment.
arniegang

Dec 31, 2008
Guys... the same people who confirmed parties are still on schedule have just confirmed back to me that all are CANCELLED!

no indoor our outdoor parties happening!!!

please everyone re-confirm from your end... from my end, all the parties i am aware off confirmed cancellation this very minute
quatroporte
Dubai chat master

Dec 31, 2008
Dubai Knight wrote:I just had a call from a Palestinian mate of mine and he is devastated!

How odd. Doesn't he appreciate the gesture of solidarity? Perhaps uaekid could offer to refund the deposit as s/he appears to be extremely supportive of the party cancellations?
bonk

Dec 31, 2008
If you want to know what's on and what's not! Check here! It's constantly updated:

http://www.timeoutdubai.com/knowledge/n ... the-minute
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Dec 31, 2008
Chocoholic wrote:If you want to know what's on and what's not! Check here! It's constantly updated:

Nice one Chocs, really useful info for people i will post this link up on its own thread.
arniegang

Dec 31, 2008
Chocoholic wrote:If you want to know what's on and what's not! Check here! It's constantly updated:

Looks like most of the parties are still going on as planned, which is good news.

Deciding to cancel all NYE events was the epitome of stupidity, a nail in the coffin of ineptitude and arrogance that Dubai is slowly becoming.
Medvezhonok
Dubai forums Addict

Dec 31, 2008

Thanks Chocos, you are very helpful
quatroporte
Dubai chat master

Dec 31, 2008
james c wrote:
uaekid wrote:Go to hell Chocoholic, can't we at least show sympathy to our brothers and kids getting killed, I know it wont make a diff what so ever. But you being careless about it makes you a heatless women with no feeling.

It's not all about you getting drunk and finding a one night stand dear.

chill out you f*cking beansprout. go and say a prayer for them then if you're so concerned. why should it stop the rest of us wanting to celebrate the new year?

Learn some manners you imbecile.

As a foreigner you get the eff out of Dubai if you don't like its legislation. Why the eff should any of us residents/nonresidents care?
muslimbangladeshi
Dubai chat master

Dec 31, 2008
muslimbangladeshi wrote:
As a foreigner you get the eff out of Dubai if you don't like its legislation. Why the eff should any of us residents/nonresidents care?

Not yet mate, haven't finished taking all their money. We'll be done soon.
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

Dec 31, 2008
"As a foreigner you get the eff out of Dubai if you don't like its legislation. Why the eff should any of us residents/nonresidents care? "

Haha. Ever thought about entering Politics my friend?

Typical of the freedom of expression and speech in this part of the world
smoggie
Dubai Expat Helper

Dec 31, 2008
muslimbangladeshi wrote:

Nice manners you have there...impotent fool...... 8)
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

Dec 31, 2008
who cares? for celebration we need a full bottle and some glasses, even no water! hehe celebrate. Happy new Year to all.
tomjerry0506
Dubai Forum Visitor

Dec 31, 2008
reviewer wrote:
muslimbangladeshi wrote:

Nice manners you have there...impotent fool...... 8)

You dont have any manners, you used the words "Impotent fool"

AND

You are the foreigner in the Emiratis' land, so get the eff out of UAE or abide by its rules.

I know how I'd be treated if I go to a Western country and raised a valid point about mistakes in their systems, and this decision by the Emir of Dubai is a very valid one.
muslimbangladeshi
Dubai chat master

Dec 31, 2008
smoggie wrote:"As a foreigner you get the eff out of Dubai if you don't like its legislation. Why the eff should any of us residents/nonresidents care? "

Haha. Ever thought about entering Politics my friend?

Typical of the freedom of expression and speech in this part of the world

What is the implication of this? Freedom of speech is not an end in itself. It means nothing all by itself.
muslimbangladeshi
Dubai chat master

Dec 31, 2008
edited

off topic

Mod
muslimbangladeshi
Dubai chat master

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat