Seat Toledo 2001!

Topic locked
Seat Toledo 2001! Dec 15, 2008
Hi

I just got my driver's license and I am planning to buy a used car out of my savings which unfortunately isn't much . I've saved about 15000 AED out of my pocket money and as it turns out my options are very limited. I saw an ad at dubizzle on Seat Toledo 2001model for a reasonable price of 11000 dhs which I assume is negotiable. I haven't seen the car personally but in the pictures the car looks clean. I am not good with cars and I have no idea if Seat is quality make . I did a bit of research online and the reviews were positive . I just wanted to confirm before I go and see the car personally if Seat Toledo is worth it . I would highly appreciate if anybody could give me more info . Just being careful since it wasnt easy for me to save this money being unemployed :)

I thought of posting a link to the webpage but I cant until I have 15 posts :cry:

Seat Toledo
130000 Kms
Alloy Wheels
Sunroof
Black Color
Full Option

And BTW the car has no service history records and its the second owner

s4ndp
Dubai Forum Guest

Dec 16, 2008
Seat is a Spanish arm of the Fiat company. The Toledo is actually a sound car on the whole. Quite nice styling and a little sporty. In your particular instance, you need to see the car and evaluate it on the condition, particularly the interior. The trim level is important as they tend to break down quite quickly here.

Look for tell-take signs of re-spray work (dull or not quite matching paint on certain panels, lift one of the door window rubbers to check if the paint matches or close to the door hinges as they tend to miss these parts. Another place to check is inside the fule filler cap) this will indicate if there has been any accident damage. Also check out the brakes as excessive wear on the discs tends to indicate someone who has driven the car hard.

At the end of the day, the car has to be checked at Tasjeel when you do the registration transfer and it might be a good idea to have it looked over by a mechanic before buying.

Good luck!

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Dec 16, 2008
Thanks for your reply :D It was very helpful . I am going for a test drive today evening so if everything seems alright i will be buying it. Another concern is insuring the vehicle . Since my license is just 4 months old would it be difficult for me to insure it ? :? I read the insuring policies FAQ at dubaifaqs but it doesnt address this issue .
s4ndp
Dubai Forum Guest

Dec 23, 2008
how did it work out?
IconzWheels
Dubai Forum User

posting in Dubai AutoForum Rules

Return to Dubai Auto