VoIP Over 3G

Topic locked
VoIP over 3G Oct 17, 2008
Regards to all members of DubaiForums,
This being my first post, I wish I stay within the limits of rules set by the Admin and Mods of this forum and may convey my message.

I used to have a 3.5G Unlimited Data package of Etisalat for 460 Dhs a month, and I used to use my VoIP client (Vyke) without any trouble and with a very smooth and clear voice quality, but the problem with the 3.5G was that it used to get disconnected very frequently so I got bored of it and switched to Al Shamil 4Mbps connection which costs me 450 Dhs a month and works way faster than 3.5G.

The problem now is that I am not able to use the VoIP client of mine, which logs in properly but when I enter a number and then press dial, it shows ex. "calling 971xxxxxxx" and keeps that way and does not proceed.

So I would like to know if anyone else has encountered such a situation and what is the difference between 3.5G and Broadband while both are provided by the same Service provider (Etisalat).

The same application would also work in Internet Cafes, so what I get is that it does work on Commercial Broadband Connection and 3.5G Connection but not on a Home Broadband Connection.

Please share your views regarding the topic.

msk_2004
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Oct 26, 2008
try downloading the latest version of the dialer
ahamed
Dubai chat master

Nov 02, 2008
Hi,

Which Mobile do you have? A Nokia E-Series (WiFi/VoIP) perhaps.

If so, i can help you.

CU
NokiaFan
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Nov 03, 2008
Nothings wrong with ur software or phone....its simple...

Etisalat is gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarbaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaage
guest999

Nov 03, 2008
But there is a simple solution to use Nokia E-Series (WiFi/VoIP)

within the Etisalat-Network for VoIP ;-)

Without installing buggy applications (Fring, Nimbuzz, Truephone, etc.)
or annoying VPN configurations.
NokiaFan
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Nov 06, 2008
I was using pocket Skype on my phone. but the problem is that gonna cost u much credits, so the solution is to connect to any wif-fi ap. but another issue that both ET and DU has blocked the sign in , so u have to use a proxy , actually u have to use a VPN connection to login to skype firstly then after u may able to proceed a call.
bonbonboi
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Dec 09, 2008
This is a shame, but it sounds like Etisalat hasn't blocked connections through 3G which is good to know.
compevo
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Please let me know if any such option is there Jan 22, 2009
Please let me know that option.

NokiaFan wrote:But there is a simple solution to use Nokia E-Series (WiFi/VoIP)

within the Etisalat-Network for VoIP ;-)

Without installing buggy applications (Fring, Nimbuzz, Truephone, etc.)
or annoying VPN configurations.
mail2rkb
Dubai Forum Guest

Sep 12, 2009
Hi,
I hav a suggestion for you just download the latest VOIP software for your cell phone i hope your problem will be resolve.

Regards
Arnold (AXVOICE)
Arnold
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai high tech talkForum Rules

Return to Dubai high tech talk